Status: I will try to update as often as possible, it will be updated at least weekly.

The Masked Feelings

Chapter 28: Forgotten

I could feel every weight being lifted off of my shoulders as the light began to pull me away. Was this the end? I could sense light coming closer and closer until I was almost facing it, and then it started slipping away. The pain returned slowly but painfully. The light kept on fading until it was gone. I could hear voices, unclear voices but that made me question where I was. I didn't recognise any of the voices, and I didn't know how I felt about that. I could feel the ground moving and then my body being lifted and placed onto something comfortable; a bed? My thoughts were answered as I felt a duvet covering my body. I heard the door close and reopen a few minutes later with heavy footsteps coming towards my bed. A quiet sniff escaped the person's mouth as I tried to open my eyes, but couldn't. "Unfortunately Miss Grove has suffered some serious wounds. When she blacked out and fell, she got some concussion on her head. This may have caused some mental dis functions to her memory. Fortunately she is stable, however right now as you can tell she is temporarily paralysed. This shouldn't last longer than a week or two, but when she does wake up she is very likely to have forgotten any memories that remind her of that night or bring pain to her." The doctor said to whoever was in the room.

"Well, thank you for saving her doctor." The voice replied, I felt like I should remember that voice but I couldn't. There was an invisible shield between us. The doctor left the room and the stranger took my hand and took a seat next to my bed.
"God, I'm so glad that you're ok Tash. I don't know what I'd have done if you weren't." I heard the man sniffle through the tears and take an audible deep breath. "But you are ok, so it's probably best if I don't think like that." The man continued talking but I tuned out on him. I felt familiarity in his voice but couldn't quite remember the voice or who it belonged to. My mind was still stuck on the word paralysed. I was paralysed; or in other words, in a coma. How was I supposed to stay in bed for the next week or two? I'll die of boredom before I make it out of here... Yey...!

*** Cristiano's POV ***

I bounced my knee in anticipation as I waited for Tash to get out of surgery in the waiting room. I had never been more nervous in my entire life. If Tasha didn't make it then I don't know how I'd go on. I'd be sure to make Harry, Irina and Tasha's dad pay. When she got shot she hit the floor and got pretty bad concussion, Luckily I managed to get Tasha out of that cursed house and call an ambulance and the police. I had no idea what was going to happen to Harry, Irina and Tasha's dad but I hoped that it involved a lot of time in jail. I lifted my head as the doctor came out of a room and called my name. I followed her into a room where Tasha was lying. I didn't even realize that I was crying until a broken sob fell out of my mouth. "Unfortunately Miss Grove has suffered some serious wounds. When she blacked out and fell, she got some concussion on her head. This may have caused some mental dis functions to her memory. Fortunately she is stable, however right now as you can tell she is temporarily paralysed. This shouldn't last longer than a week or two, but when she does wake up she is very likely to have forgotten any memories that remind her of that night or bring pain to her."

I couldn't take my eyes off of Tasha while the doctor was talking, but I managed to raise my head as I spoke my reply to her, "well, thank you for saving her doctor." I replied before returning my gaze to my angel who was lying on the bed, looking far too pale. I have to admit, I was terrified, from the doctor's comment, that Tash was going to forget me. She couldn't though, could she?
"God, I'm so glad that you're ok Tash. I don't know what I'd have done if you weren't." I began speaking to the girl lying in the bed, who no matter how hard I tried, didn't give me any comfort or closure. She looked so pale. Too pale. I took a deep breath preparing myself to continue. "But you are ok, so it's probably best if I don't think like that." I then began rambling on about everything and nothing. Even though she was lying lifelessly on the bed, with her matted hair surrounding her head like a broken halo, she still resembled my beautiful Tash yet completely contradicted her. She was still the same Tash, yet a completely different one at the same time... If that even makes sense...

**** 1 week later ****

So, I had been visiting Tash everyday. I loved seeing her but hated it at the same time; I don't know, recently my thoughts and feelings had been all over the place. I loved seeing Tash, it's jut that at the same time, when I see her lying there motionless it also breaks me. As I reached her room in the hospital I opened the door and saw her lying there, looking the same as she had been all week. I made my way over to the chair and began talking to her, telling her about how Bella had been doing at school after her parents evening yesterday. Tasha's mum and I agreed that Bella probably wasn't mature enough to understand Tasha's situation and so we explained to her that Tasha had gone on holiday. After around 15 minutes of talking into silence I got up and went to go get some coffee. As I turned my head back to look at Tasha I noticed her body twitching. I promptly made my way over to her bed and began softly shaking her shoulder when her eyes snapped open and I was blessed with the sight of her mesmerizing green orbs again.

Suddenly reality hit me and I called for a doctor yelling at them that Tasha had woken up. Her doctor ran up to her and began asking her questions which she replied to weakly. I couldn't falter my wide smile at Tasha waking up as I watched her intently, silently promising Tasha as well as myself to never let her go. The doctor then walked out and I made my way over to Tasha and sat down on the chair besides her. "Hey, you're awake!" I exclaimed in a hushed voice.
Tasha's eyebrows furrowed deeply in reply and I then did so myself wondering what was puzzling her so much, but my questions were shortly answered when Tasha replied, "Who are you?" My heart sunk 10 feet deeper into my chest, deflating slowly after her words punctured holes into it. She had forgotten me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no!! Tasha's forgotten Cris!! Will she remember him, what will happen to their engagement?