Status: I will try to update as often as possible, it will be updated at least weekly.

The Masked Feelings

Chapter 8: History

I had gotten changed into a casual outfit, and about 10 minutes later Sara arrived. "Hey Sara!" I greeted at the door. She smiled and embraced me into a hug. I invited her into the lounge and sat her down when I decided to tell her. She had been the person who I had confided within before and so she understood my situation.
"Where's Bella?" Sara asked casually, looking around the room. "Normally I can hear her singing upstairs!" Sara exclaimed letting out a quiet chuckle, and I too let out a small laugh. We weren't laughing because Bella's bad at singing, because she's pretty good at it actually; instead we were laughing at how cute she could be.
"She's out... with Cristiano." I replied as Sara's mouth fell open.
She blinked a couple of time to check that she wasn't imagining this before she inquired, "As in your Cristiano, Cristiano?"
"Well, he's not mine, but as in Cristiano Ronaldo, Cristiano." I corrected her in a jesting manner but Sara was clearly not having any of it.
"He walked out on Bella and you for a year and within a week of returning your suddenly allowing him back in your life? Are you crazy Tasha? This man destroyed you, he played happy family with you for 3 years while behind your back he was cheating on you, and then he packed his bags and left. He abandoned you Tasha. You can't suddenly forgive him just like that, not after all that he's done to you." Sara bluntly stated, as I flinched at her harsh words. Cristiano was still a sore topic, and the words that she whispered only made me remember how he left.

'When I got home something felt wrong. I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong, but something was. I could hear the news playing in the background, from the T/V. I placed my keys down on the table and let out an exasperated sigh. I was shocked at everyone today, warning me to stay away from Cristiano, who did they think they were? I went over to sit down on the sofa and turned the volume down on the T/V. I took a look around the lounge and something didn't seem right. The room felt empty and neglected. I shook my head, when my eyes laid upon a note with 'Tasha' written on the top of it. I picked up the crumpled piece of paper and unfolded it. 'Tasha, I can't do this. Goodbye-Cristiano' It read. My world shattered around me as my surroundings went blank. "Cristiano Ronaldo left long term girlfriend Tasha Grove this morning as he boarded a plane with Irina Shayk." The words echoed throughout the room. I looked up and sure enough there was footage of them boarding a plane. Suddenly everything made sense. All of the times that he was 'seeing Pepe'. The plans to move to New York. All of it, was all a lie. Goodbye, the word that boomed throughout my mind, leaving me with nothing but a heart full of emptiness. Because within a click of fingers, a life you love to live is suddenly gone.'

That was how he left no sorry, just goodbye. "I know that he's done a lot of bad things to me Sara, but Tasha's his daughter and she's misses her dad. And who says that I've forgiven him? Because I haven't; I made it clear that I didn't want to be around him any longer than I have to and he understood." I justified and Sara looked at me deep in the eyes, worry wavering in her eyes.
"And what if he walks out again? What if right now he runs off with Bella and never comes back? You can't trust him Tasha. You can't." Sara argued and I sighed in response.
"This is his last straw Sara, he won't blow it. I can't keep on holding our past against him, I need to move on from it. I have Harry now and so he can't hurt me. He can only hurt him if I let him and I won't." I clarified, raising my eyebrows.
"Tasha, he'll always be able to hurt you. Because whether you like it or not, he will always have a piece of you. Always" Sara softly commented. I opened my mouth to argue, but she put her index finger to my lip. "You guys have history Tasha. He was your one true love, and so no matter how much you deny it you will always have a place in your heart for him. and that's ok, but don't throw away what you have with Harry and let history repeat itself. Don't fall for his lies because you'll only get hurt." Sara warned. I nodded my head knowing that she was right. "So enough about Cristiano, lets get onto the girly stuff. what's the gossip with you and Harry?" Sara asked, I looked at her and smirked.

Sara and I had been talking for about a good couple of hours when Cristiano and Bella walked through the door. Bella came running into the lounge and gave me a big hug and then gave Sara one. "Someone looks chirpy" I laughed, looking up at Cristiano who was warily glancing between Sara, Bella and I.
"Yeah, we had some Ice cream and then I took her to the park." Cristiano explained and I smiled at him, with a genuine smile.
"How's Irina Cristiano?" Sara spat bitterly and Cristiano winced at her tone. I sent her a cold look showing that she had spoken out of place there, however she ignored it.
"Actually we um, we broke up the engagement." Cristiano replied sadly as I felt my heart go weak. They were engaged. We were together for 4 years and with a child but not once did we speak of marriage. But after being with Irina for 1 year they were already engaged. Sara could feel my pain as she sent me an apologetic look that I could see out of the corner of my eye.
"Well, I can't say that I'm sorry about that." I spat resentfully, before gasping and covering my mouth as I realized that I said that aloud. "Sorry." I whispered.
"Don't be" Sara hissed through her teeth, glaring at Cristiano coldly.
"What's going on? Why are you all so angry?" Bella asked with wide eyes that flickered around the room.
"Nothing darling, why don't you talk about what you did today with auntie Sara while I walk daddy to the door?" I asked sweetly and Bella nodded her head; of course hugging Cristiano tightly to say goodbye.

I walked Cris to the door in silence. "Thank you for letting me see Bella today, it was really nice of you." Cristiano began.
"It was no problem, thank you for giving her a fun time" I replied.
"Yeah, it was fun." Cristiano smiled, reminiscing in what I hoped would be his day with his daughter. "So when can I see her again?" He asked.
"Well, tomorrow I'm going to be out and i was going to ask Sara to look after her, but if you would like to then I'm more than happy for her to go to your house." I offered and Cristiano's eyes glistened.
"Yeah, tomorrow sounds great, what time do you want to me to collect her?" Cristiano inquired.
"Um, well I'm being collected at 8, so just before 8 would be good." I answered, opening the door for him. Cristiano walked through it.
"I know that you got your hair cut a while ago, but I like it. It brings out the more sassy side to you!" He flirted, finishing with a wink. There's the Cristiano that I know. The constantly flirting playboy.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Sara hasn't take the news of Cristiano's return in Bella's life well. How will Harry take it when he finds out?

Tasha's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/tasha/set?id=109380983