You Left My Heart An Open Wound

Chapter One

I sat in the pitch-black depths of the cellar. No one would find me here. I heard a knocking sound at the top of the steps before the large creaky door opened. I scooted back behind the desk in the corner and froze. I held my breath as I heard them search every point of the dark underground room. I felt the desk move a tiny bit and grasped the tiny legs. I pulled it back gently, slowly so it didn't make noise. But, being so very unlucky, it make a loud screeching noise. The noise startled both me and the mortals.

"We know you're back there." I heard my brother, Mikey, say. I remained silent while they tried to pull the desk back. I sighed and gave in. They grabbed me, trying to pull me up. I let them take me. Fighting back wouldn't help anything.

"Gerard, you have to leave. This can't keep happening. I am not going to live with a drug addict anymore." My mother, Donna said harshly.

"Y-You're kicking me out?" My voice broke. This was the first time I had spoken for 3 months.

"Yes." Donald, my father, said flatly. "Go pack up your stuff. Now." He demanded. I flinched and did as he told me. I got up to my attic room and began to put everything away into bags. I came across a small orange bottle and paused. I stared at the half-full pill-container. The thing that had caused me to be kicked out. The thing that had torn my brother and I apart. The thing that had done the same to Bert. I sighed and put it in the bag along with 3 packs of cigarettes, a few lighters and a bottle of Jack.

I finished putting all of my belongings away and was stepping out the door. Mikey, Donna, and Donald just stood there. Watching me. Not a word was spoken. No goodbyes, no 'Have a good life's', no nothing. I walked down the street, five 100 dollar bills in hand. I had enough to afford an apartment downtown.

"Gerard!" I heard a voice yell. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around, hoping for my brother to be there with tears in his eyes telling me to come back; my mother and father standing a few yard behind them, holding each other while an eternal string of salty, clear tears ran down their cheeks. Instead, it was Bert.

I didn't say anything, I just glared at him. There was only him to blame for getting me started with the drugs and alcohol. It was all his fault. He put his hands on my shoulders and stared into my eyes. His pupils were dilated, he was high. Like always.

"What's with all the bags?" he slurred out with a confused look on his face. He started laughing very loudly, before looking at me and waiting for the answer.

"I got kicked out." He gasped. "...For doing drugs." I finished. He started laughing again, and shook his head.

"Y-You need a place to st-stay?" he asked, closing his eyes slowly.

"Um, I got money. I can pay for an apartment downtown, you don't need to help with anything." I explained in a slight whisper. I didn't know if he could even hear me or not. Suddenly, he jumped like he just awoke from a nightmare. I sighed and began to walk off. He just turned around and walked the other way, nodding his head slowly.

I walked downtown and tried to hold back my anger. I hated Bert so much for all of this. I shouldn't of gone to that one party. That stupid fucking party! He got me all drugged up, and caused my addiction. He practically forced the alcohol down my throat, so I was too drunk to stop him. I clenched my fists around the straps and growled lightly. I heard a car honk and looked back, still walking forward.

"Whoa!" I yelled I tumbled to the ground, lightly onto of something... Or someone.

"I'm sorry!" I sat up quickly and stood up. I looked down at him and gasped.