Famous Last Words

Chapter Five

Gerard's POV

I stared at Frank, a smile slowly creeping onto my face. He was so adorable. I inhaled a shaky breath, and turned to him. He glanced up at me, a wondering look in his beautiful hazel eyes. I made a sound in the back of my throat.
"What were you doing out here anyway?" I asked, trying to mask the awkwardness.
"My friends Mikey and Ray and I were camping out here... I was going back to our house to get food that we forgot," Frank explained, looking to the ground. He seemed so sad, so scared. I wanted him to know that I wasn't going to hurt him. He was different. I didn't hate him like I did a lot of others. He was a mystery to me, I wanted to find out everything. I wanted to know him, and for him to know me. For him to know that I will be here for him, I will protect him. But I might not ever be able to let him go.
"Oh, um, we can go get the stuff, and meet up with them after," I suggested. He nodded and began to walk the other way. I stood back for a moment, admiring his beauty.

We arrived at a house. It was white with black shudders. In the long, swirly driveway was a black Cadillac Eldorado. We stepped inside after Frank found the spare key hidden under the doormat. How original... They walls inside were a light blue, complemented by a silver grand staircase. The living room was immense, a huge flat-screen TV and 2 black leather sofas taking up only a small part of it. Frank walked into the kitchen, looking around hesitantly. He opened a cabinet, looking at it with a smile as he reached into it, pulling out a package of marshmallows. He grabbed a box of graham crackers and a few chocolate bars from the refrigerator. He grinned at me with success. We left the house, taking a short-cut back to the forest. We walked through it, searching for the guys.

The sun had come up, it was now about 10:00, and we still hadn't found them. Frank looked worried and nervous, always fidgeting with his fingers. I put my hand on his shoulder, rubbing soothingly. He glanced up at me, I could see the tears in his eyes. I brushed my hand over his cheek, giving him a small as if to tell him it'd be okay. He exhaled a shaky breath and leaned into my touch. His lips were so close to mine, I could feel his breath. I leaned in further, closing the gap between us. He gasped at my lips on his, but soon began to kiss back. I could feel all of the emotions he was feeling in the kiss. Frank, this boy I don't even know; he was kissing me. I smiled into the kiss and pressed my lips even harder into his. He bit my lip. I gasped and he slid his tongue into my mouth, playing with mine. Soon, we pulled away, our breath overcoming us. I looked him in the eyes, but he looked away.

We walked back to the house, neither of us saying a word. The silence was terrifying, it made me shake. Frank stepped up to the doorway, and turned.
"Well, goodbye...," he trailed off. I placed my hand on his cheek again, forcing him to look at me.
"Did I do something wrong?" I asked, my eyebrows scrunching together in confusion. He sighed and turned around.
"You kissed me..." I froze.
"I was trying to make you feel better," I explained, fiddling with my hands. He glared at me. I sighed and shook my head, tears threatening my eyes.
"Gerard... Don't cry, please," Frank said quickly, placing his hands on my arms. I tried to calm myself down, but just felt the tears come faster. I'd never felt like this before, it was tearing me apart. He embraced me in a hug, cuddling his head into my neck. I inhaled slowly, shakily. The tears were slowing, but I was still sorrowful.

Frank stood on his tippy-toes, wrapping his arms around my neck. His lips crashed against mine, telling me all these different things. But which one was correct? He was either doing this because he actually did like me, or because he felt sorry for me. I kissed back anyway, just enjoying the moment as it happened. He pulled away, a small smile on his face. I couldn't tell if it was fake or not. I smiled back, mine was real. He mouthed a goodbye and pulled the door open, leaving me alone on his porch. I turned slowly, striding down the street. I sighed heavily, a guilty feeling smothering me. I kept asking myself: what have I done?