Your Guardian Angel

And now that I'm strong I have figured out

"Three weeks ago today," i heard her mumble softly to herself as she walked in mourning through the graveyard. I sit and watch her week after week, day after day, everytime she comes up this way. She can't see me watching her. It hurts to have her not notice me.

***

I wonder if i'll ever be the same now that Mark had died. I can't sleep; can't eat. I stare longingly and cry at the sight of his pictures. It was sorta of like this when Mom died but I could still knit. It reminded me of her in a good way. Just seeing the tidy rows of stitches made me think of the happy times with her. I cant even do that anymore. I can't live life without him standing by my side. What's the point? No one will ever make me happy like he did.

"Cassidy? You up there?" My father yelled up the stairs. I walked to where the staircase met the hallway.
"You know the old house up the road?". I nodded.
" a family bought it. They are moving in now. I'm going to help them, do u want to come?" He continued. I didn't really ,but I grabbed my shoes anyway and walked alongside him to the moving sight.
People were moving everywhere. I felt so helpless; i'm the only person not doing something. Well, I thought anyway.
There, leaning on the red brick was the most gorgeous guy i'd ever seen. It sent shivers down my spine just looking at him. The way his black hair fell over one eye, the way his black AC-DC shirt fit on his tight abs nearly blew me away. I walked over.
"Hi," I said. The mystery boy looked startled and started looking behind him.
"Your talking to me?" he said in the deepest voice i'd ever heard. I nodded.
"My names Cassidy. I live up the road in the little brown house." I said pointing. He took his headphones out of his ear and began wrapping them around his sleek ipod video.
"Im Charley." he said in a more confident voice, smiling up at me from his hunched position.
I started to feel all tingly ,but then I realized that I couldn't fall for this Charley guy I knew nothing about when Mark just died a month ago. It wasn't right.
But there was something in the way he looked at me that made him impossible to resist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cassidy doesn't really understand whats going on with her feelings right now. She thinks that ,according to her father's example, that if you lost the one you loved, you can never love again. This is a misconseption that a ton of people make.