Status: Changing alot as I go along but comment and give feedback and suggestions. :) <3

You Found Me

Just Accept That I'm Here

“Why don’t you tell us about yourself?” Asked Shane said curiously looking at me.

I didn’t know what to say, but I liked how Shane had offered for everyone to get to know me. That was nice of him to do, but I just didn’t know what to say.

“Uhm, well...” I began. “I’m 19 years old, before this all started I worked full time in a grocery store. I didn’t do much other than that. “

“Well that’s very interesting, I’m sure you have hobbies and interests and what not” Shane said trying his hardest to get to know me more.

“Yeah like trying to get herself killed.” Daryl said rudely.

“How about you shut the fuck up?” I turned and screamed at him.

“Feisty one, aren’t we?” He said back to me sarcastically.

“Alright children settle down.” Rick said getting in between me and Daryl. I had just wished that he would try and be more polite to me, or just ignore me completely.

“I say that we trail out into the woods and see what we can find out there, if we can find a house or something.” Rick said

“Why don’t we just grab a car and drive back up the highway?” Asked Lori who had her arm wrapped around Carl.

“That highway is clearly not safe for us to be travelling down.” Rick said.

“And the forest is even safer?” Savannah said with doubt in her voice.

“Why don’t we spilt up, have some people stay here and gather supplies and others go venture out into the forest and see if we can find anything.” Shane suggested.

“’ll stay here and gather supplies.” Carol said.

“Alright, who else is staying?” Rick asked.

Lori, Dale, T-Dog, Savannah, Leanne, and Rachael all offered to stay behind, which left Rick, Shane, Glen, Andrea, Caleb, Daryl and I to go out. I had only wanted to go with them because I wanted to get to know the rest of the people in this group, and I wanted to start by getting to know Shane, because I knew that I would most likely not get along with Daryl. I also wanted to prove Daryl wrong and that I can actually get things done when needed to. I wanted him to stop being such a disrespectful asshole towards me, I needed him to accept I was here.

“I want to come with you.” Said Carl, walking up to his dad.

“I’m afraid that’s not going to happen Carl, I need you to stay behind and keep an eye on your mother for now.” Rick told him.

He looked disappointed and saddened by this news, and didn’t want to accept it. He kept pushing to come with until Rick looked over at Lori who gave him a slight nod and he agreed to him joining us on
the search.

“Why you even bothering to come along princess?” Daryl said to me glaring again.

“Why do you keep calling me princess?” I asked rolling my eyes at him.

He just snorted and ran to his blue pickup truck to grab some stuff for the trip, I watched him go wondering what his deal was.

“Alright, we’ll be back by sunset. Just going to go and check out the area a bit more, you guys stay here and gather up more supplies.” Rick instructed the group that was staying behind.

“You guys stay safe alright?” Savannah said to me and Caleb.

“We will don’t you worry.” I said back to her

Caleb and I gathered up more supplies, and we ran and caught up with Shane and the rest of the group who had already started their way through the forest. With Rick and Carl in the front and Daryl tagging behind, me and my brother stayed near the back and kept a look out for walkers.

We passed by the walker who hanging in the tree and Daryl read the note and just laughed, “What an idiot this guy is.” He said looking up at it. “Didn’t know better enough to shoot himself.”

Daryl took out his crossbow and aimed and shot at it and it stopped reaching for us and hung there, I just glared at Daryl and carried on my way.

“We should spilt this group up. We could cover more ground that way.” Rick said suddenly.

“Okay, whos going with who?” Andrea asked.

“Caleb, Carl, Glen and I will keep walking this way. And Sarah, Andrea, Shane and Daryl will go off that path over by those trees.”

“I ain’t goin anywhere with HER.” Daryl said with a sharp look in his eyes gazing at me.

“Oh grow up will you?” I said to him pushing my way past and heading over by the trees.

I could feel his eyes burning the back of my head and Shane just looked over at me and smiled, “Hey, no worries. He’ll get over it. Don’t worry about him.”

“He’s been on my case ever since I met him I just wish he would accept having me around.” I said looking at my feet.

We walked a bit around and ran into a few walkers which of course Daryl took down with one shot, I had wondered how he managed to do that.

“Years of practice.” He said turning around looking at me, after killing one. He must have read my mind or something because I never said a word to him.

“Uh huh.” I replied and kept walking.

“What are we even looking for?” I asked Shane and Andrea.

“Anything that will keep us alive, such as food, water, shelter.” Shane said.

“So what did you do before all this happened?” I asked Shane curiously.

“I worked with Rick as the county Sheriff.” He replied not taking his eyes off his feet. Shane, Andrea, Caleb and I spoke a bit as we walked through the woods trying to find anything to keep us alive. Daryl seemed to be off doing his own thing, killing walkers and squirrels and basically just ignoring us the best he could.

“Maybe we should start to head back now, it’s getting dark.” Andrea suggested looking up into the sky, which was very quickly beginning to dim.

Just as we turned around and began heading back we heard a very loud and haunting sound of a gun being fired off and a scream.

"Where did that come from?" Daryl asked.

"I have no idea, it must have come from Ricks direction. They must have shot a walker or something." I suggested.

"You know Rick, if it was just one he wouldn't have shot it. He knows to use his knives for that." Shane said running down the path to find the source of the noise.

I followed along behind him with Andrea hoping that there wasn't a bunch of walkers around them. I don't think Carl would be able to defend himself from that.

We finally reached Rick who held Carl in his arms, he was bleeding from his chest quite a lot. There was an older much bigger man standing behind him with a gun in his hands.

"Was he bit?!" Yelled Caleb.

"No, he was shot." Rick said not knowing what to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of details, I'm still unsure were i'm going with this and trying to keep up the best I can.