Status: Changing alot as I go along but comment and give feedback and suggestions. :) <3

You Found Me

Unexpected Happenings

I finished eating and went inside to check in on how Carl was doing.

He was laying on the bed, and breathing slowly. He looked like he was doing better, but still in critical condition.

"How is he?" I asked Lori who was sitting in a chair next to him.

"He's doing much better. Thanks to you." Lori said smiling at me.

"Glad to hear it." I said smiling back.

"He's in an out of conscience but he should pull through. We are just happy you offered to give him blood when he needed it. Even if it did make you sick." Lori said.

"I should be alright after resting a bit more, but if he needs anything else let me know." I told her.

Lori just smiled at me and I walked out of the room and left her and Carl be.

I walked out of the room and ran right into Shane who was about to head outside. He opened the door and we stepped out, I had to take it slowly still since every time I walked I felt super dizzy.

"Every thing okay?" He asked me.

"I'm alright, just feeling a bit uneasy still." I told him sitting on a chair next to Savannah.

"You should come for a walk with me later on, if you're feeling up to it." He said.

"Alright, I guess a walk wouldn't hurt." I told him.

"Cool!" He said walking off somewhere.

"Sounds like he has a thing for you." Savannah said laughing.

"Shane?" I asked. "No way, he's just being friendly." I said remembering how yesterday he was being flirty with Andrea on the way here.

"We'll see. Oh look here comes Daryl." Savannah pointed noticing that Daryl was walking out from the forest.

"Should I talk to him? Or wait till he talks to me?" I asked them.

"I'd wait. Maybe he will do something nice like he did yesterday." Leanne laughed.

"You guys are nuts!" I laughed teasing them.

He walked up to the fire place and sat down on a chair across from me, he noticed I was watching him and smiled slightly then looked down at his feet and kicked the dirt.

I started feeling sick again so I decided I better go and lie down, so I got up and asked Savannah where the tents were.

"The one next to the RV over there." She said pointing.

"Alright thanks." I said getting up and walking over to the general direction of the RV.

I crawled into the tent and zipped the door up and laid back down on the sleeping bag that was there.

I fell into a nice deep sleep and dreamt of home. I dreamt of being back home in my nice comfortable queen sized bed. My puppy Nala. I missed her so much. I also missed my job, it was something worth purpose. And where was that purpose now? It was gone; long forgotten. Never to return again. I also dreamt of the night Daryl saved my life, twice. I wouldn't be here if it where not for him. I dreamt of the walkers as well, gaining up on me, with their ugly decaying faces and growling voices. I wasn't afraid of them anymore, I was only afraid of what they did to people. As long as they didn't take anymore people. These people at this camp seemed so generous and caring, I hoped to stay here for as long as possible and to maybe build a life here eventually. If nothing bad happened.

I awoke suddenly, and reflected on all the dreams I had. They were all so real and vivid. I laid back down and started crying into my pillow. I was scared, and I didn't know if I wanted to survive this world. There seemed little purpose and it was only a matter of time before I lost anyone else who was important.

I sat up and opened the tent and went back outside, the cool air blowed on my face as I made my way back to the camp fire.

"Hey sleepy head!" Called out Shane to me as I sat down next to him.

"Hello." I replied to him.

"Do you want to go on that walk yet?" He asked looking hopeful.

"I guess we can." Glancing at Savannah who had a giant smirk on her face. I also caught Daryl glaring, I wondered why. He didn't like me anyway.

We got up and began walking through the forest and down a path, Shane had a knife ready in case anything decided to attack.

"So, I'm hoping you're feeling better." Shane said smiling at me.

"I guess so, just a bit of a headache still but I should be alright." I told him.

I had to admit he was a very attractive man, with his brown hair and brown eyes. I was amazed. He also seemed very nice, and caring. I didn't mind if he liked me, he generally adorable.

"So what did you do again before this?" He asked me breaking the dim silence between us.

"I worked at a grocery store, working towards paying for photography school." I told him.

"Photography school eh?" He asked interested.

"Yeah, it was something I was quite passionate about. My dad used to make fun of me all the time about it. He said it wasn't a 'real career.'" I told him.

"Well anything is a real career if it makes you happy." Shane said smiling.

We walked a bit more until we reached a clearing where a small dock was and sat down at the end of it.

"Not that it matters anyway, but I have to ask. Are you seeing anyone?" Shane asked me curiously.

"No, I haven't dated in a real long time." I told him.

"Ah well, that's a shame. You're really pretty." He said putting his arm around me.

I looked at him blushing, and he smiled back at me.

Two seconds later we ended up kissing, it lasted about 5 seconds but it was still worth something.

All of a sudden I felt Shanes hands going up my shirt and I immediately felt very uncomfortable with this and tried to push his hands off me.

"What you don't like that?" He asked slightly shocked.

"I hardly know you." I said angrily.

"So? I hardly know you and I still went for it!" He said reaching for me again.

"Shane! No!" I said getting up and storming away from him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, writing from my phone. Grrrr. I hate laptops sometimes !!