Status: Changing alot as I go along but comment and give feedback and suggestions. :) <3

You Found Me

Not Looking Back

We all stood around the grave that was dug for Leanne, I was in tears knowing I had lost another important member of our group and a member of my family. Everyone said a few words to her and we placed flower petals on her gravesite, it was a quiet service. I looked down at Savannah who was lying on the ground in the fetal position crying. Caleb walked over to her and put his arms around her, she was still upset and pushed him away from her and walked off towards her tent.

“You should go talk to her.” Caleb said looking at me.

“Leave her alone for a while, she needs her space.” I told him.

He just shrugged and proceeded to slowly pour leftover dirt over Leanne’s grave, I watched in silence as he did so and I just told myself silently I wish I hadn’t brought her out on that walk with me. She would still be here. I felt that it was my fault she was gone; actually I knew it was my fault she was gone.

“Are you okay?” Dale asked.

“I will be thanks.” I said to him.

“You’re a strong young girl, having to loose someone like that.” He told me placing a hand on my shoulder.

His kind words where very thoughtful, he reminded me so much of George, I wondered how he was doing, and if he had survived having his arm amputated.

I smiled in appreciation at him, and he walked off towards his trailer with Andrea and Glen.
Slowly everybody left the grave site and returned to whatever they were doing, I was the only one standing there.

I couldn’t take my eyes off the gravesite, it seemed so peaceful. I just wish she was still here, I felt everything that had happened was my fault.

I turned and left the gravesite and wondered off towards my tent, on my way there I bumped into Rick who was having a close discussion with Lori, Glen and Andrea.

Andrea noticed me and waved me over. “So we uh...heard what happened.” She said silently.

“I’m sorry.” I said.

“No need to be.” Lori said putting an arm around me closely.

“We all agreed, we are going to send him off with a car in the morning. I’ll talk to him, along with Daryl.” Rick told me.

I didn’t like the sounds of Daryl being there when Rick talked to him about it, but if it had to be done that way than, that was how it had to be.

“What if he comes back? What if he hurts someone else?” Andrea asked cautiously.

“Maybe we should leave.” Glen said.

“I agree, I wouldn’t feel safe knowing he was out there.” Lori said.

“Now, now, no one is leaving. We have a stable environment here. I will make SURE he doesn’t come back here.” Rick said.

“When will you and Daryl talk to him?” I asked.

“Tonight, or tomorrow morning, hasn’t been decided yet.” Rick said.

“Do it soon.” Lori said to him grabbing his hand.

“Yeah...” He trailed off going to find Daryl.

I left the group there to ponder over the situation, and headed off to Savannahs tent to see how she was doing. I was worried about her, quite immensely.

I slipped inside her tent and saw her lying on her stomach with her head face down into her pillow, she was clearly crying as I could hear her sobs. I placed a hand on her back and she looked up at me, I couldn’t bear to see my best friend this hurt inside. I didn’t know what to do, but I just pulled her up into a giant hug and let her cry into my arm.

“Do you remember that time, when we were like 16 and Leanne came to the mall with us?” Savannah started saying. I realized she was reminiscing about old memories, which made me smile because that was good for her to be doing.

“And she followed us around like a lost puppy for like TWO hours, and then she asked that guy you liked if you’s made out yet or something?” She continued on laughing.
I remembered that story quite well actually.

“I was so embarrassed I didn’t talk to her for like a week!” I said laughing at how silly I that memory was.

“And that one sleepover we had when we were up in your room chatting and she barges in half-naked singing with a hairbrush!” I said laughing.

“My dad was so mad at her for interrupting us back then. I didn’t mind it, really though.” She said getting sad again.

“Hey, think about the good things. The good memories are what keep us moving, we’ll get through this.” I told her patting her back again.

“Yeah, we might. But she won’t.” She said looking at the ground.

“What’s going on with you and Shane?” She asked changing the subject.

I decided I had better come clean with her about what happened to, I told her everything just as I told Daryl. Savannah was shocked after I had finished telling her everything that happened.

“So, Daryl and Rick are going to talk to him tonight? What are they going to say?” She asked curiously.

“Either tonight, or tomorrow morning; hasn’t been decided yet.” I told her. “I’m not sure, I basically told Rick that I didn’t want him here and I didn’t feel safe with him around. I’m sure Daryl’s not going to be taking the conversation very lightly.”

“I wouldn’t doubt it; he seems to be very protective of you.” She told me grinning.

“Oh you hush up! So tell me, what’s going on with you CALLEEEEBBB these days.” I said in a playful voice.

She blushed a deep shade of purple immediately.

“You know I’ve liked him since we were like, FIVE.” She said pushing my arm.

“Maybe he... I don’t know. Likes you back?” I said.

She then put her face into her pillow and sighed deeply before picking the pillow back up and hitting me in the face with it, an old fashioned pillow fight. Oh how I missed those.
I picked up another pillow and hit her with it multiple times, until we were both lying in the tent dying from our own laughter that we hadn’t experienced in so long.

“Do you think things will be like they were before?” She asked me.

“I don’t think things will ever be the same again, we’ve lost too many important people. You never know though, it’s not too late to pick up where we left off and start over. “I told her.

“There’s too many of them, and so less of us.” She said recalling on all those nights running from walkers.

“Maybe they’ll all just die off and there will be more of us again.” I said hopefully.

“We should go see everyone outside.” She said suddenly opening the door of the tent, walking out into the cool evening air.

I followed behind her slipping my shoes onto my feet as I stepped out the door, she made her way over to the fire pit where everyone was having dinner and sat down. I noticed that Shane, Rick, and Daryl were nowhere to be seen, I knew that Rick and Daryl and taken Shane off somewhere to have the situation taken care of.

“Where are Rick and Daryl?” I asked even though I knew.

“They went off on a run, they should be back shortly.” Lori replied to me.

“Does everybody know yet?” I asked her.

“Does everybody know what?” Dale asked suddenly.

“I’ll take that as a no.” I said sitting down in a chair next to Lori putting my head in my hands.
Lori went on to then tell the entire group about the situation, and where Rick and Daryl where headed off to do. Apparently Daryl took the truck, and Rick took the car to give to Shane when they talked to him.

“Shane did what?!” Dale asked as the story finished.

I just nodded my head and tried to avoid the tears forming in my eyes as I spoke and told my side of the story.

“I’m just worried about him coming back, and being angry.” Andrea spoke up.

“I’m still thinking we should leave, it’s probably not safe staying.” Glen suggested again.

“Daryl and Rick will take care of it, no worries.” Lori said.

“I can only hope.” I said looking out into the trees.

*Daryl’s POV*

I drove behind Rick as we made our way down the walker infested highways; we knew what we had to do and what had to get done. I was upset it was over something like this, but Sarah’s safety was most important right now. I choose to drive behind Rick by myself, because if I would drove with Shane I most likely would have lost it on him. It wasn’t fair to do that to someone and get away with it; I bit my tongue the entire time Rick was telling Shane we needed to go out on a run. He looked so confused; I doubt he sees this coming at all.

Suddenly I saw Rick pull into a parking lot; I pulled in beside him and held my breath for a moment before proceeding to slowly get out of the truck.

“What’s all this about?” Shane asked; his voice in confusion.

I didn’t know what to say, I was nervous about confrontation. I just looked at Rick to help me out here; he was closer to Shane than I was.

“About something you did...something you know you did.” Rick started saying. He started stammering off not knowing what he did or what this whole situation was about. Rick glared at him and handed him over the car keys.

“Why are you giving me car keys?” He asked.

I decided to speak up and say something to him, even if he got mad I needed this done and over with he needed to leave.

“Don’t you remember what you did to Sarah?!” I yelled at him.

He looked back at me with the most shocked look in his face, and he tried to deny everything but I knew he was lying.

“Oh you shut your damn mouth; she came to me about it. I know it happened, you get the hell out of here!” I shouted shoving him hard.

He through a fist at my face, and ducked just as he almost hit me.

“I would never do a damn thing to her. Rick, tell him he’s crazy.” Shane said turning to Rick.

“Oh I believe it man, I don’t want to, but I will. Just like I know you had sex with my wife when I wasn’t there.” Rick told him.

He looked shocked at that outburst.

“She...she told you? She wasn’t supposed to say anything. Oh damn, man I’m sorry I thought you were dead.”

“Yeah well, I’m not. You should have kept your hands off her anyway.” He said angrily pushing him away.

Shane suddenly raised his gun and pointed it at Rick. “Don’t make me do it man, I will if I have to.”

I raised my crossbow at Shane and gave him a stern look that basically meant if he made one wrong move he was done for.

“Just get out of here!” I shouted at him.

All of a sudden I saw walkers coming out of a window on the side of a building, all of our noise must have attracted them. They were making their way towards us very fast, almost running even though a few of them didn’t have legs. As they got closer I pushed Rick down and we hid behind a car, Shane ran off and hid behind a bus. ‘Good riddance to him’ I thought to myself wanting to get out of here. They were hundreds of them, and I knew I needed to get back to the farm, so I had to make it out of here. Me and Rick got up and started walking as fast as we could towards the truck, walkers where chasing us and I kept shooting them with arrows as much as I could. Rick was just shooting with his gun to get them away from us, one crawled up by my feet and I kicked it away crushing its skull.

We finally made our way back to the truck, looking around and not seeing Shane anywhere. I climbed in the drivers side and shut the door just as walkers pressed their faces up against the windows.

“DRIVE!” Rick shouted.

And I drove as fast as I could out of that parking lot, not looking back.
♠ ♠ ♠
LONG CHAPTER WOOHOO :D