Status: Changing alot as I go along but comment and give feedback and suggestions. :) <3

You Found Me

Turn to fate; or to the dead.

I heard a shrilling screech coming from by the water, so I put down my bottle of water I was guzzling down and ran to where George was bringing Miranda to put her down.

She had turned quite quickly, more quickly than normal. Which was alarming, she was about to attack George who was struggling to escape. She lunged quickly for his arm and before he could even think about moving it, she took a deep bite out of his flesh and he screamed as she swooped in for the neck.

I aimed and shot her in the head and she fell right down with a loud thud, hopefully not attracting the other creatures to our safe and somewhat secure camp site.

I ran to him as quickly as I could and finally reaching his side keeping my distance just in case.

“Were you bit?!” I asked as the others ran up to me.

He lifted his arm just by the wrist to show a pretty nasty deep bite, there was quite a lot of blood dripping from the wound and he was wincing from the pain.

“Please shoot me now, before I die and then turn. I don’t want to suffer, please.” He said in desperation pointing to the gun in my hand.

“I..I...Can’t do it. Can’t we amputate? Can’t we?!” I said not wanting to lose another member of the group. Another important member who took me in. Who fed me and saved my life. I couldn’t do it, there had to be another way to go about this.

“I’ll never make it. I’ll lose too much blood in the process. The bite is already starting to affect me, I can feel it. I’m going to die soon. Please Sarah, please just shoot me. Or I’ll have to do it myself.”
My brother ran up to the group with a saw and a bag of bandages, and placed it on the ground next to him.

“You’ve been too much like a father to me and my little sister since we met you; I’m not going to let a fucking bite on your wrist take that away from me. We are going to try, I don’t care if you don’t want it or not. We all need you.” He said tears forming in his eyes. “I need you.”

George looked up at me and my brother; he glanced back at his arm. “Okay, we can try.”

“Thank you” Said my brother getting everything ready.

“Where do we amputate?” I asked worrying about the amount of blood already lost.

“You’ll have to do it below the elbow.” Said George, who was a doctor and had plenty of medical experience.

Caleb took the saw and began to cut into his arm, being careful not to go too fast or too slow but just right. George put his hand over his own mouth to stop from screaming. Despite all the blood and gore I had seen since the world had gone to shit, I still could not stand seeing someone in pain as their arm was being torn away. Those kinds of things made me sick to my stomach, so I walked over to where Savannah and Leanne were sitting by the camp fire.

“How is he doing?” Savannah asked pulling the blue blanket over her shoulders to keep herself as warm as she could.

“He got bit in the middle of his arm, more so near his wrist. We are going to amputate near the elbow. Just to make sure he doesn’t get infected.” I explained.

“I just hope he makes it.” Said Le-Anne staring off to where his screams were coming from.

“As do I.” I said with a clear sense of doubt looming in my voice.

It was getting late; so I decided to head to sleep. I had a long day behind me and I was exhausted. I needed rest. So I headed over to my tent and took my sneakers off and climbed in, Le-Anne and Savannah stayed behind at the campfire.

I laid down on my comfortable sleeping bag and pulled my extra blanket staring up at the top of the tent, my mind wondering to today’s earlier events. If it had not had been for that Daryl guy, I would have never made it out alive. I would have been torn to shreds by that creature, or walker as he had called it.

I put my face into my pillow and my mind let itself wonder into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Working slowly on where I am getting with it, hopefully developing the characters more and their appearances and personality.