Status: Changing alot as I go along but comment and give feedback and suggestions. :) <3

You Found Me

We Could All Start Over Together

Walking didn’t ever seem like a huge deal before this all began, I used to love walking out in the forest on my own. Those mornings while the sun was raising a beautiful rose color and the birds were chirping along on threes. Those mornings felt like purpose, when I could clear my head and start new with the world.

Now it just seemed as if it was a chore, and there was no purpose anything anymore. We had been walking for hours and I just craved some cool air and water on my skin.

The birds were not chirping on the breeze, and the sky had lost its sparkle. Life deeming no purpose but to survive and find our way. Was there a way? Or was there all there is to anything anymore.
I looked and saw that there was a creature coming towards us, it was disgusting looking whatever they really were. With decaying faces and glowing yellow eyes, this one was missing an arm and had this look in its eyes that seemed lost. It had lived a life before this; it had friends, family, a job, maybe even kids.

This creature was no longer human, and I felt sorry for it.

I watched it hungrily make its way over to my group, and I held my knife out ready to attack it. It lunged for me about to grab me with what was left of its decaying left hand and sink its teeth into my flesh. Caleb had reached out and attacked it himself and it fell to the ground with a loud thunk and I looked down at it. Knowing that this creature was once human, it didn’t deserve this fate.

I couldn’t even wish this bulshit among my worst enemy.

We had reached a clearing that held a tent, the area had seemed empty but clearly there was a person who once lived in it. I had turned around and saw that person hanging in a tree; they had committed suicide by hanging themselves. He had turned into a creature; I guess he didn’t know that he would come back from it and become one. His legs were dangling and he had been eaten by more creatures that came along and feasted on what they could reach.

My brother walked up to the man hanging on the tree and read the note that he had left:

“Got bit. Fever hit. World gone to shit. Might as well quit.”

“Wow poor man.” I said reading the note to myself over and over in my head and turning and walking
away with the rest of the group.

After hiking nonstop through this forest, we had finally reached the highway we had so desperately wanted to get to.

We walked up towards the highway when I heard voices coming from behind a parked RV, an older man with a stained yellow shirt and a strange hat, seemed to be getting into an argument with a younger blond female who was wearing a bright white tank top.
There were other survivors here, there were others who could hopefully help us find our way. I hoped that they would let us join them, so we could all get through this together.

I looked over at my brother who had his gun ready and was on his way in a hurry to the man standing by the RV. He looked like he had something else in mind other than talking about surviving together.

He ran up to the man and stuck a gun into his face and started screaming at him asking for gas and food, the blond took her gun and demanded he put it down and say who he was.

“CALEB WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!” I screamed running up to him.

“Trying to get what we need.” He said insistently sticking the gun in this poor man’s face.

“Put the gun down and walk away.” I heard another voice shout from behind me.

I turned around and saw a man wearing a sheriff’s hat and outfit; he seemed to be quite tired and had a young child at his side no more than maybe 10 years old or so.

Caleb aimed the gun over at the man in the sheriff’s hat and snarled at him with a glassy look in his eyes, and the man looked at him with an intent stare.

“I don’t know who the hell you are but you have no right coming here and sticking a gun into people’s faces for no reason.” He said angrily.

“Doesn’t matter who the fuck I am, who the fuck are you.” He said putting the gun at his side. “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to come off as an ass, it’s just. My sister and I, and the rest of our group have been travelling all day. It’s hot, were thirsty and we have no idea where the fuck we are. Our car ran out of gas up the highway, our camp got run down and we had to leave without any notice.” He tried his best to explain the situation the best he could without coming off as desperate.

The man put his gun out too and extended his hand out for a handshake from Caleb who reluctantly accepted.

“I’m sorry as well, we’ve just been in the same situation where our camp has been run down. We just came from the CDC which is well… gone now” He said sinking his head.

“Gone? What do you mean, GONE?!” Shouted Savannah, running up from the forest.

“It’s a long story…”He trailed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I did my best to introduce Ricks group without coming off to foward with it, and I tried to slowly lead it in without jumping into anything. I hope I accomplished that.