Washed out Rock Song

Epilogue.

I sat outside, waiting. The sun was setting and the temperature was cooling down. There was a very slight breeze. This was one of the nicer Arizona summer days. One of the rare days where the temperature didn’t hit over 95 degrees. As the temperature continued to go down as it got later and later, it became perfect out. Still hot, but not I-never-want-to-leave-my-house-again-hot.

I saw John’s truck turn the corner onto my street and I stood up, brushing off any dirt that had transferred to my shorts. I waited for him to pull up to the house. He parked in the street and I walked towards the end of the driveway to meet him as he shut off the truck and got out.

“Hey,” I smiled.

“Hey,” he said back, pulling me into a hug. I took in the smell of Lavender detergent on his shirt. A scent I was so familiar with by now.

I pulled away and crossed my arms. “I’m glad you’re okay.”

John had been in the hospital for the last month. This was the first time seeing him since I visited. I wasn’t really sure where we stood now.

He nodded and looked towards the sunset, squinting as the blinding sun went down.

“So,” he said. “Chicago.”

I looked at me feet and kicked some dirt around. “Yeah, Chicago.” I looked back up at him. “I heard you’re staying here, going to ASU.”

He nodded. “Yeah, it seemed like the best option. And my mom wants me to stay at home for a while.” He shrugged.

We were silent for a minute. I looked at him and he looked at me but neither of us said anything.

John finally let out a small laugh and reached for my hand. He pulled me towards him again. This time he grabbed my face with both of his hands and leaned over. He pressed his lips onto mine. He pulled away and dropped his arms to my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

“I love you, Leah Dunn,” he smiled.

I felt myself smile. “I love you too.”

He leaned down and kissed me again. When he pulled away this time I rested my head against his chest.

“What are we going to do?” I asked, looking up at him.

He shrugged while he held onto me. “We’ll figure it out.” He smiled. “It’s you and me. I’m not going to let anything get in the way of that. It’s forever this time."
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.

If you read this whole story, thanks, you're awesome and I'm terribly sorry if it was boring or you hated it.

I have a sequel idea, but I don't even really know how many people even read this any more. So if you want a sequel, then comment and let me know. If nobody comments then I'm probably not writing any sort of continuation for this.

If you hate commenting, I'm sorry. I hate it too. If you want a sequel literally all you have to do is say I want a sequel. I won't hold it against you if you don't actually say anything about the story itself. lol.