Status: I don't know if I'll keep this up, it was just a late night brain child. Let me know what you think.

Vigilante

Engaged

“Get the idiots on the phone.” Smecker ordered me. “I want to know if they found anything new.” I giggled and ran into the living room, grabbing my phone and jumping over the sofa on my way back.
“I told ye ta cut tha’ shite out!” Murphy scolded me when he heard my feet land harshly on the floor.
“It’s really fun, though.” I pouted, walking back into the kitchen and climbing onto the breakfast stool. I literally mean climbing, too. Damn shortness. I scrolled through my contacts and when I found ‘Duffy’ I hit it and put it on speaker.
“Hello?” It was a girls’ voice. Smecker put his hands over his face and rubbed it, sighing loudly. “Hello?”
“Um, ‘ello. Is Duffy there?” I asked.
“Who?”
“The guy who’s phone ye ‘ave.”
“Oh, he’s sleeping.”
“Wake ‘im up and give ‘im the phone.”
“I could just take a message…?”
“Jus’ wake ‘im up and give ‘im the phone lass, this is ‘is girlfriend and I know e’s been cheatin’ on me while I went back to Ireland to take care ‘o me Grandfather.” I said into the phone. There was a short feminine gasp. Connor covered his mouth to stop himself from laughing and Smecker grinned at me, Eunice giggling slightly from behind her hand. Murphy wrapped his arms around me from behind and buried his face in my neck, I could feel his hot breath fanning over my cold skin.
“Oh my God! Wake up you two timing bastard!” She screamed, the phone fell onto something hard ad there was a muffled sound of slapping and a string of obscenities. I bit my lip as Murphy starting shaking and Eunice buried her face into Connor’s shoulder.
“Zaria! I’m going to kill you!” I heard Duffy yell. I grinned.
“No ye won’t.” I said as I heard his breath on the other end. He’d picked up the phone.
“What did you find?” Smecker asked him.
“He’s got some places in your vicinity. I can’t find specifics or anything, but he’s got places around you. There’s a bar you might wanna check out, it’s called Skins.” Eunice and I look at each other and grin, nodding once.
“Anything else?” Smecker asks.
“I’ll call you if I find anything else.” I pulled myself out of Murphy’s grasp and Eunice made her way over to me as the two of us hurried to the stairs.
“Stop!” Murphy yelled. We both froze. “Turn ‘round.” We spun on our heels finding the twins with their arms crossed over their chests. “Explain.”
“Ye two obviously can’t go out. It’s gonna ‘ave to be Eunice an’ I.”
“No, no. No way in ‘ell.” Murphy said through gritted teeth.
“Boys! They’re both grown women and they can take care of themselves. They broke the both of you out of prison with their own acting skills, they can do this.”
“Look at Zaria! She’s no more than four and a ‘alf feet tall an’ she weighs a hundred pounds soakin’ wet!” I glared at Murphy as he yelled it.
“Look Murph, I can take care of meself! Smecker’s right. Imma grown woman and I’m almost five feet and I weight ninety – eight pounds as is, so leave me alone.”
“Well, the boys could go out. They have already.”
“Well can we go with them?” Connor asked him.
“I don’t see anything wrong with it as long as you behave yourselves and lay low.” Eunice and I pouted. It wasn’t that we didn’t want them with, we just wanted time to be normal, and sometimes the boys got a little overprotective when it came to bar scenes. We both turned around again and stomped upstairs.
At seven we headed out of the house, climbing into the car and leaving for the bar. Duffy had texted me directions to the place and I was ready to drink and play pool. Like, really ready. I wore a pair of fake leather leggings, a black corset top, and a three quarter length blazer. I had a pair of high heel booties on my feet.
As soon as we stepped foot in the bar all eyes were on us, Eunice attracting the most attention, her beautiful hair piled on top of her head, sporting a tight black sparkly dress and high heels. I looked over at Murphy, whose face was stony and shook it off, heading towards the bar. I opened a tab for all of us and opened us all a beer. Connor stayed at the bar with Eunice, no physical contact what so ever, but I could see him sneaking looks at her.
Murphy on the other hand, quite literally had his hands all over me, trying to prove to everyone there that I was his. I wouldn’t mind the touching at home, but here it as different, especially when he was doing it to be a prick. I shook off his hands a fourth time, sending Eunice a look of annoyance as I headed over to the pool table. “Ye boys mind if I join in?” I asked some guys who were setting up a game a pool.
“Not a problem, sweetheart, go ahead and chalk up.” I went over to the stand where the pool stick were, grabbing on out and chalking my fingers with the blue stuff and the top of the pool stick. “I’m Ronnie, this asshole here’s Jake.” The tallest one with black hair introduces holding his hand out for me.
“Zaria.”
“Italian?”
“Half Italian, half Irish.”
“So ya got a little spunk in ya. Cute.” Jake comments. I laughed, leaning on my pool stick.
“Got anyone to play with, sweetheart?” Ronnie asks.
“Eunice! C’mere!” I waved her over and she slid off the stool, coming my way. “Ya remember how ta play?”
“Why don’t you play with Murphy?” I gave her a look.
“Yeah, I remember.” She mumbled, going to chalk up as the boys set up the table.
“Ladies first.” Ronnie told me, putting down the cue ball. I sat down my beer on the edge of the table, leaning down and lining my stick up with the white ball, pulling back an shooting, breaking the perfect triangle. A striped one went into a corner pocket. “Looks like we’re solids, Jake!” Ronnie calls to his buddy who was helping Eunice chalk up. When I straightened up and walked around the other side of the table I took a swing of my beer, aiming and putting another ball in the pocket.
Ronnie sunk another ball into the corner pocket, he had three left, a red a green, and the black. I had one. A maroon stripe. Ronnie missed, then it as Eunice’s turn. She was playing stupid the whole game, but it reality, she was better than me at it. She sunk the maroon one into the corner pocket and then sunk the black on in. We’d won. Both guys were a little shocked. “I believe we won boys.”
“Ya did. That was impressive playin’ ladies.” Jake tells us, shaking both of our hands. I grabbed my beer off the edge of the table and went to put my pool stick back. “Can we buy you girls a drink?”
“Oh, thanks but we’re fine.”
“Alright, just let me know if I can get anything for you. Offer still stands.” I nodded and Eunice and I headed back to the bar where Connor and Murphy were stiff with what I could only assume was rage.
“What?” I asked Murphy who was glaring and something behind me, sliding up onto the stool.
“Those guys were starin’ down yer shirt when ya went ta shoot.” He said through clenched teeth. “They were starin’ at yer ass too.”
“It’s fine, it’s not like they’re getting’ any o’ it anyways.”
“Damn straight they ain’t!” He almost yelled. I glared at him and took a swig of my beer. He let out a sigh and put his arm around me, kissing above my ear gently before he whispered in it. “Sorry, love. I jus’ don’ like ‘em lookin’ atcha. Don’ like sharin’ much neither.” I smiled slightly, resting my head on him broad shoulder and scanning the crowd. I grabbed my phone and looked at the picture for a split second.
“I’ll be back, alrigh’?” I told Murph. He shook his head.
“I’ll come with ya.” He stood up, helping me off my stool and grabbing me hand, intwertwining our fingers and letting me lead him through the people to Ronnie and Jake. His hold on my hand got a little tighter but I ignored it, walking over to them and holding up the phone.
“Do ya know ‘im?” I asked.
“Yeah, he’s one of the big shots. Why?” Ronnie asked me.
“E’s my Da.” I told them. Ronnie’s eyebrows shot up.
“You’re Zaria Lombardi?”
“It’s O’Brien, now.”
Ronnie frowned. “You’re married?”
“Not yet.” Murphy jumped in from behind me. I looked at im, narrowing my eyes slightly.
“I didn’t see a ring.”
“She doesn’t like wearin’ it much, doncha, love?”
“Aye, whatever. O’Brien’s me Mums maiden name. After Da’s letters vanished I went to ‘er last name. It’s not legal or nothin’, it’s just what I use.” Ronnie nodded.
“I’ll tell him you’re lookin’ for him.”
“Thanks, Ronnie.”
“Boss has been lookin’ for ya for years, little one.” Jake said from Behind Ronnie, getting ready to take a shot.
“He’ll be happy ta hear you’re getting’ married, too.”
“She wanted to find ‘er Da before we made it official. Wanted ‘im to walk ‘er down the aisle ‘n all.”
I gave Ronnie my number so he could keep in contact with me about my Dad and we left. I walked it front of everyone, my eels stomping angrily against the tar of the parking lot. He lot him we were engaged and it was so far from the truth it wasn’t even funny.
I was officially pissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was playing pool last night and I really wanted to write about it. That was my only purpose for this chapter.