Status: Comments equal updates! The more, the merrier

Remembering Sunday

Christmas Catastrophe

The last bell had just rang and I was at my locker, getting my things.
"Hey Barashat!"
I sighed. Here we go...
I shut my locker and turned toward the voice.
"The fuck you want Kellin?" I sneered.
"I want you to suck my dick!" Kellin replied, his cronies around him snickering.
"Oh yeah, you're real mature," I replied. God he was so stupid.
Kellin stood about a foot away from me, looking up at me.
Yes, looking up. He was almost a foot shorter than me and had one helluva case of little man syndrome. And I had been the poor sap at the mercy of his rein since fifth grade when I grew taller than anyone else in the class.
His black hair was slicked back and his eyes were squinty, giving his face a mischievous expression, making him look as if he had just stepped off of a page from "The Outsiders."
My fists clenched at my sides and I shook with anger. I turned to walk out the door, but his hand hit my shoulder and he turned me so I was facing him.
"Come on Barafag, we just wanted to ask what happened to your cancerous girlie bitch?" he sneered.
"Don't call her that."
"Man, I'm glad she's dying. Less goth filth to walk these ha-."
Kellin didn't finish that insult, because before I knew it Wednesday had flown through the door and her fist had connected with Kellin's face.
"Ow! What the fuck!" Kellin yelled, putting his hand over his nose as he tried to stop the flow of blood.
"Take that beyotch," Wednesday laughed and launched herself into my arms.
"My hero," I laughed, lifting her frail body up and twirled her around, making her giggle.
I set her down and took her in with my eyes.
"How long have you been there?" I asked.
"Not long," she shrugged.
She looked better today, there was color in her cheeks and her green eyes were shining bright. Her smile was back.
"How are you?" I asked, grabbing ER hand and walking to her car.
"I feel so much better today, Jackie."
"That's good," I mumbled, pulling her face to mine and kissing her passionately.
We got in the car and headed to her house.
"So Jack, you know the Make A Wish thing the teachers set me up for?" Wednesday asked.
"Mmhm. What about it?"
"Well I decided on my wish. I want to see all of my favorite bands at Warped Tour for my birthday."
"What, no Disneyland?? Just kidding. Babe that would be awesome!"
"And you're coming with me," she added, poking me in the chest.
I smiled. "You're so sweet." I kissed her, making her cheeks flush.
We got to her house and went to her room, popping in a movie and cuddling.
I spooned against her back, my arms around her. She played with one hand while I trailed the other up and down the inside of her thigh, sending shivers up her spine. She shuddered against me, but pushed my hand away.
I stood up and walked to my back pack, pulling out a single rainbow rose and hiding it behind my back.
I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my camera. I handed her the rose, watching her face light up with joy. I snapped a picture of her and snickered.
"Jack!! No pictures, I look terrible!" she whined.
"Shut up. This is my new idea," I explained. "I'm going to give you a rose and take a picture of us every single day."
"Why?"
"Well, why should we dwell on the negative when we can cherish the moments we have together. The rose represents you. Someday it will wilt and die, like you will. But the pictures represent your memories because pictures last forever... Get what I'm saying?"
She nodded. "Jack that's great! I never pegged you as the romantic type."
I stuck my tongue out at her and jumped back onto the bed.
"I love you Wednes."
"I love you too Jack."

**Wednesday's POV**
*Christmas Day*
Exactly one month ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I had had two chemo treatments since then, and I couldn't tell you if they were really working or not.
Today, I felt like shit. My body ached. I was short on breath and I hadn't eaten in almost forty eight hours because nothing would stay down.
It was Christmas break and Jack had spent every day with me since school got out, except today. Today he would be with his family.
Christmas was my favorite holiday, but this year I was dreading it.
In a few short hours my house would be filled with relatives that wanted to hug me and kiss me and pinch my cheeks. And every single one of them would stare at me with that look in their eyes. The look of sympathy that I didn't want. I don't want sympathy or sorrow. I want support and I want people to be strong for me and my parents.
The good thing about today was that I had gotten a call from the Make A Wish people asking me about my wish.
I told them my desire, and after making arrangements, the lady on the phone gave me a date.
February 15th my birthday.
I know Warped was usually in the summer, but with my condition nobody is really sure what will happen so they made it earlier just for me.
I was tickled pink.
I set the phone down just as the door bell rang, signaling that the first guests had arrived. I sighed and rolled my eyes, getting out of bed and making my way down stairs where the aroma of food hit me like a brick wall, making my stomach turn.
My uncle Rian and aunt Cassadee were the first through the door, laden with gifts and trays of cookies. They hugged my parents who took their things and disappeared into the kitchen.
"Wednes, you look great," Uncle Rian exclaimed, pulling me into a hug.
I smiled. Out of all my family, my uncle Rian was probably my favorite relative. He had gotten me into most of the good music I liked and let me do all of the things my parents banned around our house.
He asked me about school and forced me to tell him about Jack. Then more relatives arrived, ending our catch up time as I was bombarded with hugs and kisses.
Surprisingly, nobody pinched my cheeks.
My anxiety was beginning to rise as more people flooded in.
Just the look in their eyes made me feel terrible.
***
Dinner was finally done, the table set and the relatives seated around the great oak table in my kitchen. We were about to eat when my very religious uncle Andy stood and tapped his glass.
He cleared his throat.
"'Scuse me everyone. I'd like to say a prayer for Wednesday."
I suppressed a sigh and eye roll. My parents and I, including many of our other family members, were not religious. But uncle Andy was and nobody bothered to stop him.
He bowed his head and gestured for everyone to take each others hands.
"Lord, please give Wednesday and this beautiful family the strength to carry on throughout this sickness. Keep her safe and well on her journey to recovery. Amen."
"Amen." Was murmured around the table and then the sound of forks and knives clinic against the china filled the room, not completely obscuring the awkward silence.
I piled my plate with mashed potatoes and ham, my stomach growling. I dug into my potatoes, stuffing my face and filling my empty stomach.
After about five bites my stomach lurched and I felt the food rising back up.
I stood and took off towards the bathroom, but only making it about a third of the way before I passed out onto the hallway floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whelp, more problems are coming Wednesday's way...
Special thanks to all my readers and my 10 subscribers!! How bout you guys post some comments, yeah? Please? lol