Status: my first book

The Killing

chapter one of the killing

This day, I wish it never could come the reaping.I was 15 now and had been safe for 3 year my name is only in there 4 times.If I did get picked I've be dead in about 30 minutes there's no hope for me.I can use a knife well but nothing else.If there was anyone to be picked for district 4 it would be my sister Glitter she is really good at hunting for food with a bow and clever,I only wish I could be like her.
My heart was pounding as I woke up it was like my whole world was ending the darkness was coming. Devil wanted my soul.
I walk down our stairs witch have holes in them almost falling down them. To see my mother crying in our gloomy living room.Outside i see them coming, the sky has gone black,there was no more happiness in district 4.I forget we ever had a brother most of the time however my mum never dose his name was Max he had ash blonde hair.I however had long wavy red hair it was a bit crazy but i leant how to make it look nice .At 12 Max was put in the games and killed.
My mother always dose this so we just let her nowadays.Its hard to calm her down then get her upset.
My mother speaks quietly so i can barely hear her voice"You better get ready for the reaping.."She truns around in to her darkness.