Status: my first book

The Killing

chapter two of the killing

I walk upstairs feeling no air in my body left to make it up I was dead inside but I stood strong having hope but the name they called would not be mine I didn't want to hear them say "Arianna Brown" in there posh capitol voices that would be the worst.I hear my mother whaling downstairs I dare not to look however I rush to see the time 9:30 the reaping starts at 12:00.I fling myself in the bathroom and look the doors.All we had for a bath was a melt tub thing witch when you look at what the capitol they have all this high-tec stuff.I wash and remove about 3 layers of my skin.I was washing until I was shining like the fish in our ponds out back.My head looked down my body and the it stopped at my toenails they were filthy like my house kind of. I scrub away at my toenails until there is no more dirt .Yes I think im done!As my feet walk me to my bedroom all I can think about is what will happen this year will it be me?Do have get to live?All I will just have to find out.
Walking into my bedroom I slam the door in my sisters face who was properly trying to make me feel better but I didn't care.Learning how to get ready for the reaping was like saying good bye to you're clothes and you must only wear the best ones.I got my sisters old ones.This one was beautiful it was simple blue with glitter on the straps I loved it from when I was 12 it was my dream dress.
Shouting comes from downstairs.Its my mother whaling at me to get down so she can do my hair.I hate looking all girly but sometimes it is nice.I stomp down the stairs my mother trying to wipe her eyes in a crying voice say"Oh..my darling.My little fish*I think "Why dose she call me that" She continues "let me brush your hair so we get it all nice."I sit down on a wooded chair witch should fall but it hasn't yet.I hear a sweet sound of my mother sing its a way of calming you down she always says i try it but im not very good so it doesn't calm me down.She sings"Swim away across the river,Down until the deep,fishes and life oh what's down there,is yours to find out under the sea."I just cry every time i hear it.Our dad died in the sea down in the deep.She hugs me tight like she never wanted to let go.My heart stopped to see the time 10:30 the time to leave.Glaring over I see my sister at the door waiting to leave.We had left .Looking along the lane I see it the reaping...
Every one is lined up I am crying my eyes out all i can do is go on there's no turning back.Me and my sister do the walk of shame to the line were you're name is put in to the reaping.They use this tiny thing that takes you're blood to make sure its you.At first it hurts but when you at 15 it doesn't I've given up on caring about the pain it only makes matter worse.
Girls and boys are put in to two different side girls on the right and boys on the left.In the the districts you have a drawer who picks out the tributes for the year one boy and one girl.No one really cares about the tributes dieing only if they are in your family you care.If your beating on them your mad when they die but if your not you must be happy its not you.For our tribute pick we have Berry Apple she wore a bight pink dress with about 5 ich heels who shows us the same video every year about how the hunger games came to life ugh so annoying.
The video finishes Berry says in the most nice voice she can"thank you very much now to pick the tributes. Lady's first shall we?"im am prying for my life its not me i see her hand reach in and pull one out Berry's lips move"Arianna Brown"