Status: slowly activeeeee <3

The Best Thing

blowin' a little smoke

Zayn’s POV
I roll onto my side and slowly open my eyes but immediately shut them tight. The bright light floods in through the blinds in front of the window. A groan escapes my lips as I bury my face into the pillow and I pull the duvet cover over my body ready to pass back out. I was tired and wanted so much to sleep all day. That’s when I remembered, the lads and I were going to the studio to record a few tracks for the new album.

Just as I shut my eyes to fall back asleep, in this small yet too comfortable bed, there is a loud knock on the door. I lift my head up and mutter a somewhat loud “yeah?” before I let my head fall back against the pillow.

“What are you doin’ in there mate? Have to get goin’ to the studio, remember?” I hear Liam on the other side of the door.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m up, Liam!” I call out to him in annoyance as I sit up and push the covers off my body. I get up and step onto the floor, my bare feet hitting the carpet. a yawn escapes my mouth as I go over and slip some jeans on over my boxers and pull on a shirt over my head. Before I walk out the door, I put on my boots before I walk out, wallet and phone in my grip.

“Took you long enough, mate,” I hear Harry mutter as I walk in the front room once I make it down the stairs. I roll my eyes and mutter something under my breath he couldn’t hear. The four lads stood there along with Sophia and Monroe.

“We all ready to get goin’ to the studio, yeah? Long day ahead of us,” Liam says as he walks to the door, keys in one hand, the other around Sophia’s waist.

Each of us mutter a ‘yeah’ in unison and head out the door behind Liam. In my mind, I answered with a slight irritated ‘no’. Normally, I like going to the studio to record vocals but I didn’t feel like it. Lately, I’ve just been feeling like doing nothing but chill out and sleep.

We are soon on our way to the recording studio. I am seated beside Monroe with Harry on the other side of her, myself closest to the window. Liam was driving, Sophia in the front passenger beside him, which left Louis and Niall in the row behind us. I shift my eyes to look out the window and get lost in my thoughts. I wanted a smoke but didn’t really feel like being reprimanded by one of the lads about how “bad” it is, especially since we’re going to the studio to record a bit. I decide to hold off and wait until we get there, because I can sneak away for one while one of the other lads is in the booth recording.

“So, what are you lot recording for? New album, I take it?” Monroe asks from beside me. I turn at the sound of her voice to find her leaning toward the front a bit.

“Yeah, sure is, Roe,” Liam replies in a cheerful tone. “Third, actually,” he says.

“That’s awesome, Li,” I notice her mouth curve up into a smile as she replies to him.

She begins to chat with Sophia and the other lads as we head to the studio. A good five minutes later, I look out the window to find we were pulling in the lot of the studio. The car soon slows to a stop as Liam pulls in a spot near the front of the building. We all begin to pile out of the vehicle. After we all climb out, the seven of us make our way to the door of the building for some place we can rent out to record for the new album, unlike Syco Records in London where we recorded our first two albums, Up All Night and Take Me Home.

I walk in the door behind the rest of the lads along with Sophia, and hold the door open for Monroe so I could be nice for a change. It’s been a while and have to admit, I quite liked the feeling, plus I’ve always known to treat girls with respect, thanks to my mum. She mutters a soft ‘thanks’ before walking inside. I give her a slight nod of my head and make my way inside after she walks in the door.

“Hey lads, glad you could make it,” Julian says as we walk in the area where we chill while another one of us is in the booth in the other room. “Who wants in the booth first?” he asks as we sit down in the lounge area near the booth.

Liam speaks up and says he’ll go first, even mentioning something that he had written out a couple songs for the album, along with Louis, who wrote a few with him. The other three of us plus the girls make our way to the room where we can chill out and play some PS4 or do whatever really. There was even a balcony that overlooked some of the buildings and things. It’s always a nice place to go, especially if I wanted time to myself.

I plop down on one of the couches in the lounge room and prop my feet up. Niall goes over and turns on the PS4 that was hooked up to the telly. He grabs two of the controllers and asks me if I wanted to play with him. I shake my head and tell him I was fine not playing. Right now, I just wanted to chill out while I wait to go record my vocals.

As I glance away from Niall and Harry, who soon were way too into their game, I find my eyes locking onto Monroe’s. She was sat on the other couch that was against the opposite wall, chatting with Sophia. She was pretty, Monroe, with her blonde hair and blue eyes, but she somewhat reminded me of her. I, then, decide to stand up and slowly retreat toward the door that led out onto the balcony. A smoke is something I could really use right now, to clear the fogginess in my mind, my thoughts of her.
♠ ♠ ♠
what's going on with Zayn?? Hope everyone likes the chapter!

What does everyone think? Thoughts? Drop a comment and let me know <3

Comment, recommend, subscribe if you like?

thanks for reading! (: