Status: one shot || complete

Birthday Kisses

Champagne .

Magnus Bane sauntered towards the shorter boy, his rainbow coloured hair shimmering in the dim lights. It was spiked up crazily, masking his personality, which was stable and sure of everything. Alec knew everything about Magnus, or at least he liked to think he did. Nobody really knew all aspects of Magnus. He was secretive, and always one step ahead. He knew things you would never to expect him too. Alec Lightwood, the shorter boy with the perfectly groomed black hair, admired this about him. He trusted Magnus, and knew that Magnus trusted him too. Maybe not with all the secrets of the universe, but enough to make their relationship work without overpowering it. Alec, however, trusted Magnus with his life and spilled all his deepest, darkest secrets with the millennium old warlock.

Alec was greeted with a soft kiss, being pulled into a gentle embrace by the taller male. Magnus leaned down to Alec's ear, whispering a few choice words before smiling widely at him and letting go.

'I hope you're enjoying the celebrations,' he said, throwing his arm out wide to encompass the glittery view. Alec, feeling a tickle of yearning in his stomach after Magnus's highly inappropriate comment, looked out at the festivities surrounding them. It was Alec's birthday party, and his boyfriend had spared no expense with the decorations. He hadn't paid with money, however. Magnus was weary from the days' work of setting up tables, setting up the lights, selecting the music riddled with deep heavy bass lines and a booming demeanour, and (magically) cooking every little delectable snack that was floating around on silver platters of its own accord.

Alec smiled, and merely shrugged. He had no eyes for the bright strobes lights, no ears for the chatter of people. He only had eyes for Magnus, and ears for his voice.

'It's very overdone,' Alec commented.

'Ah, not one thing out of place for my boyfriend.' Magnus beamed, slinging an arm around Alec's muscled shoulders. Magnus loved the feeling of his rippling muscles moving beneath him. Although they were muscles forged from war, and dedication that could kill Alec in an instant.

'But very beautiful.'

'That's better.' Magnus chuckled. Alec looked up at the warlock's dancing eyes, pausing at the edge of the dance floor.

'Not as beautiful as you, though.' He whispered, standing on the tips of his toes, nibbling Magnus' ear while he was at it. Magnus shivered, sliding his hand down Alec's arm and taking his hand, bringing it up to his mouth and kissing it.

'You're too kind.' Magnus spun Alec around, leading him through the dance move by spinning his hand over his head. They danced, the music dramatically changing from the upbeat music to a slower couples' dance. Alec cast a glance at the rainbow haired male, rolling his eyes. The dancers slowed, and Magnus cleared his throat, calling everyone's attention.

People - or creatures - of all kinds were here. Mostly Downworlders, but a few Shadowhunters - Alec's family - and a single human were gathered to celebrate. Issy, in a floor length gown that hugged her curvaceous body, clung to the arm of the stiffly standing Simon, her current boyfriend. She was gesturing wildly before being shushed by a shorter girl with flaming red hair. Next to Clary was Jace, with an arm around her, almost protectively. He didn't trust the Downworlders, Alec saw it clearly in his eyes. His parents had stayed away from the party, having important errands to run in Idris.

Alec sighed, taking Magnus' hand. Yet another birthday gone, and not a word from his parents.

'Welcome, everyone, to Alec's twentieth birthday!' Magnus shouted, throwing their entwined hands in the air. 'Now, I won't make a big speech,' Magnus paused, a twinkle in his eyes. Alec smiled shrewdly, knowing Magnus would probably make some big fanfare out of it. He wanted this ordeal to be over, and for it to be just him and the warlock, in a bedroom, murmuring sweet nothings in each other's ears, a glass of champagne next to them and maybe a little more.

'But I would just like to say, that I hope everyone enjoys themselves. And Alec,' the warlock turned to him, lowering their hands, 'I love you, very much.' His cat eyes stared into Alec's, 'and I wish to never be parted from your ebony hair, your soft eyes, your taunt muscles, and your ink patterned skin ever.' Magnus said the last sentence while tracing one of Alec's fading runes on his neck. He leaned in and kissed it, his lips lingering, before kissing Alec's light pink lips, their noses bumping gently. The music, became louder, and Magnus put his arms around Alec's neck, and Alec moved his hands to his boyfriend's waist.

They danced, Magnus smiling widely and leading them in large circles, spinning as he did so. Alec, beginning to tire, stopped their movements. Magnus, raising an eyebrow, watched as Alec grabbed two flutes of champagne off a floating silver platter. Alec began to walk off, knowing Magnus would follow. He turned down a hallway, and Magnus' liquid voice floated over his shoulder.

'Do you think it would be wise to leave Jace out there alone?'

Alec smirked, 'Issy and Clary will take care of him.'

'And what of Simon?'

'He learned from his past experience with your parties.' Alec chuckled, remembering years ago when Simon had been turned into a rat. He turned into Magnus' room, closing the door as the other man followed him in. Alec placed the flutes on the bedside table, before grabbing his boyfriend's robes and pulling him close, smashing his lips on his. Magnus smiled into the kiss, tangling his long, slender fingers in his boyfriend's hair.

They pulled away for air and Magnus' eyes darkened as they raked Alec's body. Alec let his fingers roam Magnus' front, slipping his hands inside his robes and feeling the warm skin hidden underneath. Alec slipped Magnus' shirt off, as Magnus did the same to him, admiring his body.

'You're gorgeous,' Magnus whispered through yet another kiss, gently biting the boy's top lip. Alec gasped, licking Magnus' lips and slipping his tongue into his mouth, pressing it against Magnus' own. Magnus began to trace designs on Alec's back, making him shiver. They were both still standing, and Magnus took control of the situation, shoving Alec down on the bed and crawling on top of him. Alec kissed Magnus' bare chest, before flipping them over and straddling him, holding him down by his shoulders and kissing him hard again, hard enough to leave bruises.

The flutes of champagne were forgotten a few minutes later, as was the party happening down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
For my friend.