Status: It's not my fault I hate you.

Disturb the Peace

your mom probably hates you

Waking up alone in bed after sleeping with a guy was something I lived for, because it meant that he cared about me as little as I cared about him. When I woke up alone after sleeping with Louis, it was a relief. The fact that he was one of Zayn’s buddies would have just made that situation even worse.

The first thing I did was grab a pair of pajamas lying on the floor to cover up my naked body, which had a newly formed hickey right on the collar bone. I let out a deep groan, because hickeys were right above Zayn on the list of things that I hated. Not only was it trashy, but all my sorority sisters would be making cracks at me all day. Well, deserved of course.

When I made my way down into the living room, I found that the party had left our house a complete and utter mess, which was to be expected. It would be a pain to clean, but we could get the new pledges to help with it and that would make it a lot better.

After pinching a few beer cans between my fingers, I made my way to the kitchen, stopping dead in my tracks when I saw the distinct image of a shirtless guy digging in the fridge. If that wasn’t bad enough, I knew exactly who the guy was, because I had seen that tanned back a few times before.

“Zayn,” I said, dropping the cans in the kitchen sink. “What are you doing here?”

Zayn turned away from the fridge, gallon of orange juice in hand, while he smirked at me.

“Good morning, Lyds,” he said, using his pet name, which made me cringe. “Stayed the night with Hailey. Hope you don’t mind.”

I shook my head, feeling my blood boil in my body. “Not at all. Shouldn’t you be gone by now? I know how you love to leave first thing in the morning.”

Zayn chuckled, nodding his head. “I was just on my way out, actually.”

With that, he grabbed his wrinkled shirt of the kitchen counter, pulling it over his body as he made his way out of the kitchen. I wanted to go after him and tell him how much of a skank he was, but I knew if I started yelling I wouldn’t be able to stop.

“What was he doing here?” Grace said from the kitchen doorway, nearly causing me to jump back out of shock.

I threw the orange juice Zayn had left out back in the fridge before turning to Grace, rolling my eyes so hard I’m surprised they didn’t fall out of my head. “Just staying with Hailey. Can you believe him? Such an ass.”

Grace looked at me with her lips pursed in that way she did that tried to show her sympathy before cocking her head to one side. “Day drunk?”

I smiled back at Grace, nodding my head quickly. “You’re a genius.”

By the time I woke up from my afternoon drunken slumber, it was time to get ready for the Alpha’s party that night. I would’ve debated not going if I wasn’t certain that getting drunk off my ass was the only thing that could keep me occupied that night. I was in the mood for lots of shots, lots of boys, and very little clothes.

After each of us were deemed appropriately dressed for the party, Grace, Annie and I walked over to the Alpha house, where our other sorority sisters were already waiting.

If I was a freshman, I would have been astounded by how loud the house was and how many people they had stuffed into that place, but I had been to a few too many Alpha parties to be surprised by anything they did anymore.

The first thing Grace and I did was grab two cups full of the Alpha’s secret punch and drink them until they were halfway gone before filling them up again. With another sip of the deliciously intoxicating drink, I guided Grace down to the basement, where we knew a game of beer pong would be waiting. The two of us had never called ourselves good, but we had fun, and it was the perfect way for me to scout out which guy I was going to take home that night.

As soon as grace and I called next game, we were up to play, and I was disappointed but not shocked to find that Zayn and Liam were going to be our opponents. I could tell by the look on Grace’s face that she was thinking the exact same thing I was. I had to push through it because I couldn’t come up with an excuse for leaving without Zayn knowing that it was because I hated him so much it made me want to rip my hair out.

“You’re not gonna freak out, are you?” Grace asked, whispering in my ear with her back turned to the boys.

I shook my head quickly, chuckling at Grace. “Nope, 'cause we’re gonna beat ‘em.”

The look on Grace’s face made it obvious that she didn’t believe that statement, and to be honest, but I was determined to at least try to beat Zayn at something for once.

“You ready, Lyds?” Zayn asked, smiling at me while he held his ball up in the air. “This one’s for you.”

I let out a soft groan while he tossed his ball in the air, landing it right in the cup directly in front of me.

Liam smiled at us. “Drink.”

I glared at him before bringing the cup to my lips, taking down as much of the punch as I could in one gulp. By the time we were a few dozen throws in, it became obvious that there was no way in hell Grace and I were going to win that game. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say Zayn had the thing rigged, because he didn’t miss a single shot.

“Alright, Lyds,” Zayn said, looking at me while he rolled the ball between his fingers. “How much you wanna bet I make this shot?”

The last thing I was in the mood for was Zayn’s smug attitude, so I rolled my eyes at him as I threw my hand on my hip. “Just throw the ball.”

With that, Zayn tossed the ball and landed it straight in the final cup, officially declaring Grace and I the losers. A large smile fell to his face and with a grimace I drank the last bit of punch on the table. Smile still on his face, Zayn walked over to my side of the table, placing one hand on the edge while he leaned against it.

“How’s it feel to be a loser, Lyds?” he asked, half his face turned up in that evil smirk I knew all too well.

“Wonderful, Zayn. Thanks for asking.”

I gave him one last roll of my eyes before grabbing onto Grace’s arm and pulling her away from Zayn and up the stairs, because I couldn’t deal with Zayn’s cocky attitude for a second longer without punching him in the face.

Grace and I had just stepped in the kitchen when Liam stopped us, shoving his hands in his pockets while he looked down at us.

“Sorry ‘bout that,” Liam said, pulling one hand up to run over the back of his head. “He means well, I swear.”

I chuckled a bit, shaking my head. “I think I know Zayn well enough to know that he doesn’t mean well.”

I turned to the side to make another comment to Grace and realized that she had left me, but I had no clue when. She probably though I’d take this opportunity and try to use it to my advantage, and by god, she was right. She knew me so well.

If there was anything I could do to piss Zayn off it would be sleeping with his best friend, right?

“You played pretty well,” I said softly, batting my eyes in that subtle way that made guys melt. “I didn’t know you had arms like that.”

Liam blushed, rubbing one hand against his sleeved bicep. “Thanks. You, uh – you didn’t play too bad yourself.”

A chuckle fell from my lips and I shook my head. “I was awful, Liam. You can admit it.”

“You were pretty bad, I guess,” Liam said, smiling back at me with that lovely grin that made my cheeks go red.

I thought for a moment that the whole thing might be a bad idea – that I should just walk away and find a different guy to take him – but I knew Liam, and he wasn’t much different than Zayn. Even if he knew I was just going to sleep with him to try to piss Zayn off, he probably still would have done it, because frat guys like Liam were always looking for a good fuck.

My eyes flicked behind Liam where they landed on Zayn, who was currently knees deep in an apparently heated kiss with a blonde girl I didn’t recognize, and any doubt left my mind.

“What do you say we just cut to the chase and go up to your room?”

Liam blinked his eyes a few times, as though he was trying to process what I had said, before he nodded his head quickly. “Yeah, sure, follow me.”

His hand wrapped around mine, much like mine had done to Louis’s the night before, and he guided me upstairs and to the first room on the right, which seemed like an unfortunate place for his room to be.

Liam’s hands were on my hips the moment we set foot in his room, and his lips connected with mine just as my back connected with his bed. I bounced up a bit from the impact before Liam crawled over me, his lips trailing kisses all down my neck and back up again.

His fingers reached for the hem of my shirt, which I gladly began pulling over my head, just as a sliver of light peeked through Liam’s opening door.

“Did you forget to put the sock on the door again, dumbass?”

I recognized that voice. I’d know that voice even if it were shouting straight from the pits of hell, which was a likely scenario when it came to Zayn.

“What’s he doing here?” I said to Liam, covering my nearly bare chest with my arms.

“He – uh – he’s my roommate,” Liam responded, scrunching up his nose a bit as he spoke. “Don’t worry. He was just leaving.”

“No, I wasn’t,” Zayn piped up, causing me to look at him. He was pulling his shirt over his head and tossing it onto the floor. “Feel free to continue. I’ll just be sleeping.”

With that, he fell onto his bed, pulling his cover over his head. It took me a moment to realize that he was heading to that bed alone – alone as in without a girl attached to his lips – and that caught me off guard. After seeing the way he was kissing that blonde downstairs, I was almost positive he’d be sleeping with her, and I wondered briefly what he had done to mess it up before I realized he wasn’t going to be getting up.

I grabbed my shirt from its place beside my head and pulled it back on, much to Liam’s dismay, before standing up and glaring at Zayn’s possibly sleeping form. “You’re such a perv.”

I could just barely hear Zayn’s muffled voice as I began walking out of his and Liam’s bedroom.

“Goodnight, Lyds.”
♠ ♠ ♠
What?!
Lydia slept with Zayn's best friend?
And he walked in?
I told you there would be drama!
I'd love to know what you thought of the chapter!(:
Thanks so much for reading!