Status: It's not my fault I hate you.

Disturb the Peace

you hate puppies

When I woke up in the morning, with my eyes still closed while the sun beat down through our blinds, I could still feel Zayn’s lips against mine. I brought the tips of my fingers up to the sensitive skin, grazing them slowly side to side while I took in a sharp breath.

Grace shuffled in her bed, reminding me that I wasn’t alone, and when I turned over to look at her I found that she wasn’t alone. I shut up in my bed immediately, mouth wide open, and reached behind my back to toss a pillow in Grace’s direction

She woke up as soon as the pink blob hit her face and glared at me while she rubbed her eyes. “What was that for?”

Liam’s head popped up at the sound of Grace’s voice and he gave me a soft smile.

“You didn’t – did you – right in front of me.”

Liam chuckled, his fingers reaching up to play with Grace’s hair. “Well, you were asleep so –”

“We didn’t,” Grace said quickly, cutting him off. “We just slept.”

I pursed my lips together briefly before I gave a soft nod. “Good.”

Grace smiled at me, while she leaned her head back onto Liam’s chest. “So, where is Zayn?”

“Right here,” Zayn called from the doorway, causing my mouth to drop to the floor.

My lips trembled while I looked at him, unable to form words. I didn’t remember Zayn sleeping over, which meant that I had either been drugged or he had slept with someone else. Both of which sounded like hell on earth.

“We didn’t – did we – shit.”

Zayn shook his head quickly, his smile widening. “We didn’t. I slept at my place. Annie just let me in.”

I breathed a long sigh of relief, because I hadn’t heard better news in a very long time. Zayn smiled again before stepping fully into the bedroom, walking over to my bed and passing me a cup of coffee. I took it from him happily and took a sip, letting out a small breath.

“Be ready in an hour,” he said, smiling at me as he began walking back out of my room.

“For what?” I called back quickly before he had a chance to leave.

He turned back to me with a large smirk on his face. “You’ll see.”

Before I could say anything else, he was out of the room, shutting the door behind him so he couldn’t hear me even if I did speak.

“What was that?” Grace asked, raising her eyebrows as she looked at me.

I didn’t have a chance to respond before Liam was whispering something in Grace’s ear, causing her to let out a small laugh and cuddle up to his chest even more. I pursed my lips while I looked at them, debating whether or not I should ask what was going on, before hopping out of bed and getting ready as quickly as I could.

Once ready, I went downstairs and left Grace and Liam alone in our room, almost positive Liam would have a sock on the door when I came back. I couldn’t complain, though, because I had done it to Grace quite a few times before.

Zayn was waiting in the living room, sitting on the sofa, and when he heard me moving down the stairs, he stood up to face me.

“You look beautiful,” he said when I had made it halfway down the stairs, causing my cheeks to go red. I hated that Zayn was suddenly able to embarrass me so easily, but at the same time, I loved it.

“Where are we going?” I asked, ignoring his statement as I walked to stand next to him.

“I told you,” he replied, smiling down at me while he reached for my hand. “You’ll see.”

I hesitated for a moment and pressed my lips together before I grabbed onto his hand.

“Do I at least have proper shoes this time?” I asked, pointing down at my beige slip ons.

Zayn just chuckled before pulling me forward and out of the house, where the beautiful fall sun was hanging high up in the sky.

He dropped my hand once we hit the sidewalk, and we walked side by side down the walkway until we were on the other side of Greek row, where the Omega boys were having a cookout. A few of the guys smiled at Zayn, doing some secret handshake while they passed him a beer.

“What are we doing here?” I asked as he lead me over to the drink table, probably to get something for me since he had already been given a beer by the welcome wagon.

“Just wanted everyone to see me out with the prettiest girl on campus,” he said, smiling as he grabbed a generic girly wine cooler off the table and passed it to me.

I glared at him, but he just smiled back, reaching down to take my free hand in his. His thumb ran against the back of my hand and it was an absolute chore to keep myself from smiling like an idiot.

While we stood at the table, one of the Omegas came up, his attention only on me. Of course, it had to be someone that I had slept with before, and I had a gut feeling in my stomach that it just wasn’t going to go well.

“Hey, Lydia,” Jake said, smirking at me as he took a sip of his beer. “That was pretty wild what you did last time. We’ll have to do it again, yeah?”

My face scrunched up in embarrassment, and I could feel the searing of my cheeks going red. My feet shuffled nervously beneath me while I tried to figure a way out of the situation, but I couldn’t. Just when I finally felt okay with Zayn, something had to happen to ruin it all.

“Hey, man, back off, alright?” Zayn said, tilting his head while he held his free hand out in front of him.

“Dude, she’s fine,” Jake replied, pressing his lips together.

“Then you can walk away.”

Jake chuckled, shaking his head. “Fine,” he said, sending an evil smirk at Zayn before looking back at me. “I’ll see you in my bed tonight. Same time as last week.”

Zayn let out a long, deep breath. “Dude, walk the fuck away.”

Jake just laughed, clearly amused by the situation. “Dude, calm down. Maybe if she sucked you off as much as me you wouldn’t be so fucking wound up.”

My mouth fell open, and I could feel my blood run cold while Zayn let out a deep breath next to me. Before I knew what was happening, Zayn had his hands balled up in a fist, and in one quick motion he connected his fist with Jake’s jaw, sending him straight to the Omega’s lawn.

He grabbed onto his hand, shaking it a bit to help it cool down before turning to me. “I’m sorry,” he said, shaking his head. “I tried to keep calm but he was such an ass.”

“No, it’s okay.” I shook my head quickly, smiling at him. “It was good.” I then grabbed his hand, giving it a quick look over while he smiled at me. “Let’s go get you cleaned up.”

We made sure to walk away as quickly as we could, because neither of us wanted to deal with a bunch of angry frat boys. The two of were back at the Delta house much more quickly than we had left it, and I guided Zayn into the bathroom first thing.

Sitting him down on the edge of the bathtub, I wet a wash cloth and brought it to his hand, where his knuckles were scraped and bruised. His face scrunched up a bit when I touched it, but he said nothing about the pain, and just smiled at me when he noticed I was watching him.

I grabbed a roll of gauze Annie had from her soccer days and used it to wrap around Zayn’s hand, though I knew it probably wouldn’t stay there long. He smiled down at me while I bandaged him up, and when he was all done, I stood up and he stood up next to me.

His uninjured hand moved to my hair, running over it once before landing on my cheek. “You’re so beautiful,” he whispered, his eyes moving all over my face while his lips parted. “You didn’t deserve that.”

“It’s okay,” I said quickly, shaking my head.

His face was flushed as he pressed his lips together, shaking his head back. “No, it’s not, Lyds. Don’t ever let anyone treat you like that, okay?”

I nodded my head gently, giving him a small smile before it dropped from my face. “You did that once.”

“I was stupid then, Lyds,” he said easily, his thumb running over my cheek. “So stupid.”

I smiled at him again, nodding my head. “So stupid.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, wasn't Zayn just a sweetie when he was standing up for Lydia?!
I'll never be able to get over him!

Thank you so much for reading(:
I'd really love to know your thoughts!

xoxo Katie