Status: Active- Updated Every Saturday

The Story Of My Life

The Story Of My Life

February 2007 - Baltimore, Maryland, USA

I lay on my bed, throwing a tennis ball at the opposite wall, imagining that it was Alex’s head.

“Fucking dick head.” I muttered angrily, as I threw it harder and harder each time.

“MAYA? WILL YOU QUIT THAT RACKET?!” my mother shouted up the stairs, and I just rolled my eyes, throwing it one last time at the wall in anger, before huffing and deciding to go sit on the roof, hoping the cool evening air would calm me down.

I grabbed my iPod and headphones, and pulled the window up. I slid out onto the roof, sitting cross legged and sticking my headphones in my ears, cranking the volume up to maximum.
I closed my eyes and lay down, trying to block out my thoughts, although I knew it was impossible. Alex’s earlier words rang through my head, “I don’t even know why I put up with you sometimes.”

“Fucking bastard.” I muttered, sitting back up and looking over the edge of the roof, just in time to see Alex making his way to the porch, and I slid back, knowing he’d look up to see if he could see me. Luckily he went straight to the door and I heard him ring the doorbell and I turned my music down to hear the conversation.

“Hello Mrs Taylor, is Maya in?” he asked politely, and I rolled my eyes.

“I think you should give her some time Alex, she was really angry when she came in from school.” my mum brushed himoff, and I silently thanked her.

“Please? I really wanna speak to her.”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea Alex.”

“I’ll just sit here until she comes out, or I can go up and see her.” Alex threatened, and again I
rolled my eyes; he was so dramatic.

“Alex…”my mum started, “OK then, but if there’s shouting then you’re leaving. She’s been making enough of a racket as it is.”

I took back my thanks and groaned, lying back on the cold stone, turning my music back up and closing my eyes.

I felt the window beside me slide up followed by Alex sliding out and sitting down at my side.
I waited for him to open his mouth to speak, but when he didn’t I just scoffed and rolled over to my side, my back turned to him so it would be easier to ignore him.

Before I knew it though, Alex was removing my iPod from my grip and pausing the music.

“Maya,” he began as I removed the headphones to look at him, “I’m really sorry.”

“You’re always really sorry Alex, it’s getting kind of boring if I’m honest.” I muttered.

“I just get carried away when we argue and I say really stupid things. But this time I promise this’ll be the last time I say something like that.” he said sincerely, looking me in the eye.

“You can’t promise me something like that Lex, your promises are just lies that you give a different name.”

“Maya, come on that’s not fair. It’s not like I do it on purpose.”

“I know you don’t and sometimes that makes it worse.” I confessed, pulling my hands into my lap and turning my gaze to the street in front of me.

“I don’t know what to say apart from sorry Maya,” he admitted, sliding closer to me, and placing his hands on top of mine, “I know I fuck up. But I’m not perfect, I’m human. I fuck up.”

I had to admit he had a point, but I was still mad.

“I think you should just go Lex, I need some time to cool down.” I whispered, and he pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms around my waist as I wound my arms around his neck.

“Have all the time in the world baby,” he mumbled, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck, “I’ll always be waiting for you.”

“Why?” I suddenly asked, pulling away to look him in the eye.

“Why what?” Alex questioned, confusion tracing his features.

“Why will you always wait for me? I’m just your high school girlfriend Lex, I’m not that special. I mean you said yourself that you don’t know why you put up with me.”

Alex sighed from beside me, and pulled me into another hug, holding me close to his body.

“I’ve been meaning to wait until next week to tell you this Maya, it’ll be our 6 month anniversary, ya know?” I nodded to confirm I did know, “but I’ve realised recently that I can’t get you out of my head. You’re the only person I care about in this whole god damn world, when I’m writing songs, all I think about is you. When I’m away in England, all I can think about is how much you’d love something. When I’m angry with you, all I can think about is how much I hope we sort it out. Because with you everything is easier. I know that sounds super cheesy, but it’s how I feel.”

“What’re you saying Alex?” I asked, although I kind of knew what he was about to say. Alex wasn’t someone to keep his emotions hidden away and suffer in silence, that’s why he was such an amazing song writer. He’s honest.

“I’m saying that I Alexander William Gaskarth, loves you, Maya Eleanor Taylor. I don’t care if people say I’m being stupid, or even you tell me I’m being silly. I know how I feel, and god it feels good to have gotten that out in the open.” he let out a breathy laugh and I smiled at him, remembering why I’d fallen for him in the first place. He was such a romantic.

“Please say something? Even if it’s I never want to see you again…I just need you to confirm you heard me.” he laughed nervously.

“I love you too.” I whispered, so quietly I didn’t even realise I’d said it.

“Really?” Alex’s eyes lit up, a huge smile spreading across his face.

“Really.” I confirmed, pulling him into a tight hug, “I really do love you Lex.”

The grin that then spread across his face as he pulled my face closer to his was amazing.

“I won’t let you down Maya, ever. I will always look after you, always be there for you. You mean everything to me.”

“Don’t be such a cheese-ball Gaskarth.” I teased, pushing him slightly just before he leant down to connect our lips together, unable to stop the grin exploding onto my face. Despite everything, he really was perfect for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
My new fic :) I thought I'd try my hand at an Alex fic, and my friend asked me to write it for her, so here it is :)

I hope you all like, it's only gonna be short, maybe 7 or 8 chapters? But I'm excited about the concept, so I hope you all like it!

Comment if you love or hate it, I just wanna know :)

Subscribe and recommend also!

Thanks and enjoy!