Status: In Process

Maybe Fate?

Chapter 3

I wake up at 6:40 in the morning to get ready for school. It doesn’t that make that long only about 30 minutes. I’m not the kind of girl who cares so much about how she looks. I brush my hair and sometimes I braid it, but that’s as far as it goes. I don’t wear makeup which I’m fine with and I don’t think many people have a problem with it.

By 7:15 it’s time to go, Hope’s sister rides to school with us because we drop off her and my sister at the middle school before taking me to the college. As soon as Lacey comes through the door she starts to tell my younger sister Elizabeth about Hope’s story with Josh Hutcherson. Once she is finished her face is red, she didn’t take a single breath.

“Why didn’t you say anything about Josh Hutcherson last night?” my dad asks. “It’s no big deal really.” I reply. “But aren’t you the biggest Hunger Games freak?” my dad asks. “Yea, but that wasn’t Peeta Mellark that walked through the door it was Josh Hutcherson, I’m not that big of a fan.” I state. “But what about Jennifer Lawrence, didn’t she inspire you to start acting?” It is true that Jennifer Lawrence inspired me, but it wasn’t just The Hunger Games it was everything she did in general. Ever since I started hearing about her she inspired me to start acting. I’ve only done a few thing extra roles, and a small commercial which only plays in our county, but you gotta start somewhere.

“True, but it’s different.” I simply state back. When I get to school I quickly go and put my stuff up and start to head across campus for French. Half way there I head collide with someone and drop my books everywhere. “Sorry.” mumbles the voice. “It’s okay, I’m fine.” I say back to the stranger. He looks up to me and hands me my French book. Once I have it he takes off his sunglasses. “Hey it’s you.” I realize it’s Josh. “Yep, sure is. What are you doing here?” I ask. “We will need to shoot some scenes at a college and I was just looking around. What about you, I thought you were 14?” he ask back. “I am, but I don’t have time to talk, I have to get to class.” I say back trying to walk past him, then he grabs my arm. “What time is your lunch?” “Ummm 12:15 to 1.” I say slowly walking away. “Meet me at that Cino grill then.” he says a little louder as we get farther apart. “Okay!” Im practically yelling now. It takes me a second to process. Did Josh Hutcherson just ask me out? No it’s just lunch, maybe wanting me to answer questions, or give directions. I keep trying to tell myself that, but I can’t help but let my mind drift all through French.
♠ ♠ ♠
A little short, but hope you like!!