Status: In Process

Maybe Fate?

Chapter 4

It was exactly 12:10 when my math class ended. I got all of my stuff and headed over to the grill. There were butterflies in my stomach, but I didn’t know why. There is no way I could be falling for him. He is older than I am, it would be wrong. But I couldn’t help but daydream throughout my classes about being with him. Its just that he gets me, better than anyone else in my life. It’s around 12:17 when I reach the grill. He is standing outside in giant sunglasses and and a hat. If you didn’t know he was gonna be there you wouldn’t have recognized him. But that’s probably what he wants. He has his head down looking at his phone when I come up to him. “Hey stranger.” I say. For a second he looks startled until he realizes it’s me. “Hey, I thought you weren’t gonna show.” he says back. I look down at the time on my phone. It reads 12:18. I look back up at him, “I’m only 3 minutes late.” “Well you should never keep a very important guy like me waiting.” I chuckle. “You are so full of yourself.” We walk inside and get two hamburgers and sit down. “Ever eat here?” he says examining the burger. “Nope.” I reply. He shrugs his shoulders and takes a bite into his burger. “Not bad.” I take a bite into mine and nod my head. “So you never answered my question from earlier. I thought you were 14, what are you doing here?” I knew it. That’s all he wanted. Answers. He would never like a girl like me. I’m too normal. “I’m in a early scholars program. I get my high school classes finished earlier, than by the time I graduate I have like 2 to 3 years of college done. “That’s a pretty good deal.” I nod, “Did you go to college?” I ask. “Nope, stuck with acting.” he says. “Figures.” I mutter. He looks at me, “Huh?” “I said figures, that’s was most actors do.” He smiles, “Don’t diss acting till you try it.” “I didn’t diss acting, and I have tried it. I’ve had a couple small thing like commercials nothing big.” I shrug my shoulders. He looks shocked. “Why didn’t you tell me.” he asks. “Well first of all we aren’t even that close and second of all it’s not a big deal.” I say matter of factly. “Well then I’d liked to get to know you better.” he simply states. There goes the butterflies again. We finish off lunch telling each other the common things in our life. Favorite color, family, favorite movies. It’s around 12:50 when we finish. I look down at my phone. “Oh, I’ve gotta go. I got 2 more classes.” “I’ll walk you.” he says back. On the way to my class we finish our conversation. “What time do you end?” “2:15” “You doing anything after school?” “Nope.” “Great, I’ll meet you here with my car at 2:15 and you are gonna give me a tour.” I smile, “Okay, but there is not much to see.” He laughs, “See you then Danielle.” “Bye.” He stands there and watches me going into the building. Once I’m inside he turns to leave. I smile and the butterflies start. When I get up stairs friends Grace and Anne stop me. “We both saw that out the window!” Anne squeals. “Was that Josh Hutcherson?” Grace asks. I nod. “Well what did he say, what did you guys do?” Anne asks. “Lunch and I’m showing him around Conway after school.” I smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here is the fourth chapter. Hope you enjoy!!