Status: In Process

Maybe Fate?

Chapter 5

It was the end of the school day. I had math last block and she assigned us loads of homework since finals are tomorrow. I also have a final and a midterm on Thursday but thankfully after that school would be out for Christmas break. Right after lunch I texted my dad that I was riding home with Josh. I expected him to be a little resistant, but he didn’t really care as long as my homework got finished and I was home by 10. As I got down the stairs Josh was waiting for me in his car. He had sunglasses on and he sunk down in his seat a little. I’m guessing to avoid being seen. When he saw me he waved and I got in the passenger seat of his car. “Hey, how was the rest of the school?” he asked. “Crappy, I’ve got loads of math homework tonight since we have finals tomorrow.” I sighed. We pulled over to the little run down park in Conway.

He took off his sunglasses, “Well then I’m glad I picked here to hang out after school.” “What, I thought I was showing you around?” I looked at him, confused. He pats my back “I explored a little while you were in school, and since you have lots of homework, you can work on it on one of those picnic tables, while I play some basketball. And when you need a break we can play 1 on 1.” I smiled. He seems like he has everything worked out. “Wow, nice plan. It works for me.” We hop out the car. I head over to the picnic table where I have a clear view of Josh.

I quickly start my math wanting to get it over with. Once I get everything out I look up. Josh takes off his shirt, switching it was some sort of jersey. Wow I thought to myself. He’s not so bad. He turns around and sees me, my cheeks probably turned bright red but I shake it off and start my math. I can not like him like that. What part of that do I not understand? I let out a deep breath and start the problems. An hour goes by and I’m only half done. It’s only 3:45 though, so I can finish by at least 5 and still have a couple hours with Josh.

I am about to start my next problem when Josh calls my name. “Hey, Danielle! Come on take a break.” he smiles at me. “I can’t really play though, basketball isn’t my thing.” I say back. He walks over and grabs my hand. “I don’t care what’s your thing,” he laughs, “you’re trying.” He hands me the basket ball. “At least try to throw it in.” He steps back and I can feel his eyes watching my every move. I shoot the ball but it hits the rim of the net and then falls to side. I turn around with my arms crossed. “See.” He goes and grabs the ball. “Come on, I’ll teach you.” He takes my hand and pulls to be a spot in the court. He then hands be the ball and stands behind me. All of the sudden I feel his hands grab my waist. A shiver goes through me. “Okay stay just like that, now you’re gonna place your hands like this.” He grabs my hands and adjust them on the ball. “Okay, now bring it back just a little.” He places his hands on mine and moves them with his. He releases and steps back. “Now shoot.”

I throw the ball and its goes straight in. I smile and turn towards Josh. “Thanks.” I put up my hand for a high five. “Oh come on, that at least deserves a hug doesn’t it?” I smile and open my arms, “sure.” The hug last longer than I thought it would. When we pull away he keeps a firm grip on my shoulders and looks straight into my eyes. Before I know it he kisses me. Josh Hutcherson kisses me. When we pull away I look at him. Why would he do this to me? He should know that we can’t be together. “I-I should go finish my math.” As I walk away he looks disappointed. What did he expect? I want to be with him, I do, but he could get in so much trouble. It hurts to think about it so I just zone out and think only about math, but everyone once in a while I can’t help but think about it. I think what hurts the most about the whole situation is he was my first kiss. My first kiss. And I can’t even be with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. I have had 2 finals and a midterm so I've been a little busy. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!!!