Christmas Wishes

Chapter Fourteen

Today was Christmas Eve and Carson and Matt were up before me which was a first time ever. After Matt’s call on Sunday, I decided that Matt would just move in with me and Carson. With the band starting to record after the holidays and then starting to tour after that, I reasoned with him that he could just move in with us. That way he didn’t have to worry about me checking on his house when he was on tour and all of that. He didn’t put up a fight and agreed almost instantly which made me smile. I woke up to my door opening slowly and saw that Carson and Matt were coming in with two trays of food.

“Merry Christmas Eve Mommy!” Carson exclaimed and I laughed as Matt set a tray down on my lap and kissed my cheek.

“Breakfast in bed?” I asked, “I think I like this when you two wake up before me.”

“See I told you that she’d like it buddy,” Matt said and I just laughed at him.

“Well are you two going to join me?” I asked and Matt took the tray from Carson and she scrambled up into bed and Matt soon followed.

The rest of the morning was spent with Carson, Matt, and I eating and talking in bed. We were laughing about something Matt was saying when Carson looked at the both of us and grinned.

“What love bug?” I asked confused.

“Is Matt going to be my new daddy?” he asked and Matt and I both looked at each other.

“Why do you ask that buddy?” Matt asked.

“Because you’ve been around an awful lot and Mommy’s been happy and you’ve been happy and stuff,” Carson said.

“Do you want me to be your new daddy?” Matt asked looking at me and then back at Carson.

“Yeah,” Carson said quietly and I looked at Matt who I could see tearing up a bit.

“Well Matt isn’t going to be your new daddy just yet,” I said looking at Matt, “Soon but not right now. Is that okay?”

“Yeah,” Carson said, “Hey Mom can I go get my presents wrapped now?”

“Sure buddy,” I said and he kissed my cheek and Matt’s cheek and ran into his room.

I then looked over at Matt who was looking at me smiling lightly.

“So does that mean you want to be my wife someday?” he asked.

“Maybe,” I winked, “Let me get ready and I’ll go help you with dinner. Everyone’s coming tonight right?”

“Yup,” Matt grinned, “Get ready for Carson to be spoiled beyond belief.”

[img]
http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Divider-9.jpg[/img]


This Christmas Eve was probably the best I’ve ever had in a really long time. The boys had come over with boxes full of presents for Carson and I groaned.

“I swear I’m never getting sleep ever now,” I laughed walking into the kitchen to find Matt putting burgers from the grill on the counter.

“How many boxes?” he asked.

“Four not counting your box you so kindly tried to hide under the bed,” I smirked at him and he grinned sheepishly at me.

“Go get them and then we’ll eat and have fun,” I said.

Matt just kissed my cheek and went upstairs while I got the buffet ready for everyone’s dinner. I had just finished the line when I heard Carson’s voice.

“Oh my god this is totally awesome!” he exclaimed, “It’s like a present wonderland!”

I just laughed at his excitement and walked into the living room to find all the Avenged boys and their respectable girlfriends, my family, and even the Berry brothers who I had met a handful of times since meeting the boys.

“Merry Christmas everyone!” I exclaimed and we all hugged and threw greetings at each other.

“Well let’s eat because I feel like we’re going to be opening presents for hours,” I said, “I set up a buffet for everyone. It’s burgers and hot dogs.”

Zacky and Carson then literally ran into the kitchen and I just laughed with the rest of everyone else.

“God you boys are such bad influences with my son,” I said and they all laughed.

“Yet you still keep us around,” Johnny sang as everyone went to go get food.

Matt came down and looked confused.

“They’re getting food,” I said taking the boxes of mine and Matt’s presents from him, “Go get food I’ll be there in a minute.”

Matt nodded his head and I put the presents away and headed into the kitchen to get food. I walked into the kitchen to find everyone scattered around the room and grabbed what I wanted to eat and stood next to Matt who was talking to Matt Berry.

“So when you two are together can I call you Matt squared?” I asked and both of them laughed.

“That’s a new one,” Matt Berry laughed, “I like that one.”

“What can I say my girlfriend is a unique one,” Matt said kissing my temple.

“He’s being nice because it’s Christmas,” I said and Matt just started laughing at me.

“Dude she can read you like an open book,” he laughed, “Way better than Val ever did and you two knew each other way longer.”

“Tell me about it,” Matt said and I winked at him.

“I’m going to go talk to the girls,” I said kissing his cheek, “Once everyone’s done eating we’ll squeeze into the living room.

[img]
http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Divider-9.jpg[/img]


Everyone was sitting in the living room and I was nestled next to Matt because according to him and everyone else I was going to sit and enjoy not worrying about passing out gifts. Carson was doing it with Arin and he was having a ball. Carson had gotten pretty much everything he could ever want as a seven-year-old from the guys and I had no clue where I was going to put everything. I was smiling at all the gifts everyone was getting. The boys were so surprised about the amount of presents they had gotten from me and Carson and Carson kindly explained that we were now family and that I spoiled everyone I considered family. Everyone got a kick out of that response and I was glad that everyone got what they wanted. However there was a small present left and Carson and Arin put the present in front of me and I looked at them confused.

“This one is from all of us,” my dad said, “We all know you hate getting presents because you think that spending money on you is ridiculous but after what you do for all of us we decided to ignore you’re request of not giving you a present so open it.”

“And to give credit where it should be given,” Lukas said looking at my dad, Matt, and Carson, “It was all Carson and Matt’s idea.”

I looked at the both of them and Carson was waiting on pins and needles for me to open my present. I opened the present and saw the box was a small velvet box. I opened them and my mouth dropped and I dropped the box. Inside was a set of keys to a car. No one ever bought me a new car. I bought a used SUV before marrying Heath and I have been driving it since. I just never had enough money to buy a new one. I looked up to find Matt and Carson grinning at me.

“Mom,” Carson said, “You take care of everyone else so you deserve this.”

“Everyone,” I said, “I don’t know what to say or do.”

“Let’s go see it,” Lennox said and Matt pulled me up from the couch and we walked out to the front door to find a Ford Escape sitting in the driveway with a giant red bow on top of it.

“Oh my god,” I gasped and smiled widely and looked over at Matt who was grinning at me.

I kissed him and ran to my new car and Carson followed me.

“We got you all the bells and whistles too Mommy,” Carson said as he climbed into the front seat as I looked inside the car.

“Thank you all of you,” I said hugging them all, “You didn’t have to do this at all. Thank you so much this really means a lot.”

“It was our pleasure,” Brian grinned as I kissed and hugged all of them, “We wanted to do this.”

Everyone stayed about an hour after that and then left and we all thanked each other and said that we would call each other if we wanted to do breakfast. We then spent the next thirty mintues cleaning up.

“So did you have a good Christmas Eve sweetheart?” I asked as we threw away all the wrapping paper.

“Yes,” he grinned, “My Christmas wish came true so it was a really good Christmas.”

“And what was your Christmas wish?” I asked.

“For you to find some to make you happy,” he said and just stopped what I was doing and looked at him.

“Why did you wish for that bud?” I asked.

“Because you weren’t as happy as you were after Dad and you got the divorce and I missed seeing you happy,” he said quietly, “Are you mad at me?”

“No sweetheart,” I said hugging him tightly, “I would never be mad at you. I just want to thank you for being such a wonderful kid.”

“Love you Mom,” he said.

“Love you too kid,” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more update to go and this is done ladies and gents! Let me know what you think!