Christmas Wishes

Epilogue

It’s been a year since Matt and I started dating and in a few days was going to be our second Christmas together. Our year was a bit crazy but we survived a new album and tour. The boys were currently on tour and they were supposed to be home by Christmas Eve so Matt said. We talked every day in some shape or form whether it was texting, calling, or even skyping. Today was a few days before Christmas and I was counting down the days before Matt came home. Carson was going to his dad’s for the week which was a first in a long time. Carson and I were wrapping presents for Christmas when Carson asked me a question.

“Mom do you think Matt is going to be home for Christmas or do they have to tour during Christmas?” Carson asked.

“I don’t know Carson,” I said, “but you’re spending Christmas Eve with your dad this year remember.”

“I know but I just don’t want you to spend Christmas alone,” he said and I just smiled at my son and kissed his temple.

“You my son are way too good to me,” I said and he just smiled at me.

“Do you know when Dad is coming to get me?” he asked as we finished the last present for everyone.

The doorbell rang and both Carson and I looked at each other.

“Your dad is super early,” I said as we got up from the ground and we walked to the front door.

I opened the door and was pulled into a giant hug and passionate kiss. When I was let go, I opened my eyes to find Matt standing there grinning holding my face.

“Oh my god you’re home!” I squealed and hugged him tightly.

“Matt!” Carson exclaimed and hugged his legs.

“Surprise!” Matt said and we let him go and he walked inside with his bags.

“How did you get home early?” I asked shocked, “I thought you weren’t going to be home until Friday.”

“We were able to swing coming home early,” Matt said as we kissed again, “God I missed you two like crazy.”

“We missed you too Matt,” Carson said smiling at him.

Matt smiled down at him and then Carson nodded his head. He closed his eyes and that meant he was trying to remember something. What it was I had no idea and I was bit a worried about it because he was thinking for a while.

“I have to go get something!” Carson exclaimed and I looked at Matt confused.

“Well I figure that Heath is going to be here in about twenty minutes so I don’t have much time,” he said and I couldn’t tell if he was talking to me or more to himself.

Carson had rushed upstairs and I was trying to piece what was going on and I for some reason I couldn’t. Carson came down with a wrapped box and handed it to me.

“Unwrap it,” Matt said and I unwrapped it and I saw it was another small velvet box a similar one like the one I had opened a year prior.

I opened the box and gasped. Staring at me was a beautiful ring and I looked up to find Matt on one knee and Carson standing next to him.

“I know this isn’t the most romantic thing ever but as the year has passed I figured that you care about the thought behind the gesture. I know that you love it when things are unquie and I know that Carson won’t be here until Saturday and I don’t think I can handle that so I know I have to do this now. Macie you’ve been my rock throughout this past year. Whenever I needed you, you’ve been there to make sure that nothing bad or anything crazy happens. You’ve patched me up when I was broken and you’ve showed me that I can actually love again and that what we have is real. We’ve gone through so much together and you really are the missing piece to me. You make me whole. You’re the one who I want to wake up next to tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, so please do me the honor of being my wife,” he said and I couldn’t stop the tears running down my face.

All I could do was nod my head as the tears were falling from my face and I couldn’t process how to speak. Matt grinned widely as he took the box gently from me took out the ring he had picked out. He then slipped the ring on my left ring finger and I kissed him while Carson was hugging us both.

“Did you know about this?” I asked Carson and he just grinned widely.

“I helped pick out the ring Mommy,” Carson said and I just smiled at both of my boys.

“I took Carson out before we left for tour and I told him it was going to be a Christmas gift for you,” Matt muttered quietly as I looked at both of them.

“I love it,” I said, “And looks like my Christmas wish this year was granted.”

“Oh really?” Carson and Matt asked as Matt picked him up.

“Yes,” I giggled.

“So was mine,” Matt said.

“What about you Carson?” I asked and he nodded his head.

“Mine was too,” he grinned.

“Should we share them?” Matt asked and Carson nodded his head.

“I get to spend Christmas with my boys,” I said.

“I get to marry the girl of my dreams and spend Christmas with my favorite family,” Matt said.

“And I get a new daddy!” Carson exclaimed and we just smiled at our new little family excited that our Christmas wishes were granted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the end everyone! Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, recommending, and commenting. They all mean the world to me! Thank you so much!