Christmas Wishes

Chapter Two

My dad was right in the fact Matt was waiting around to say thank you to me. I told him it wasn’t necessary and thanked him for keep Carson company because he sometimes got bored being in the coffee shop for a long time. The boys came in on a Sunday and after their first time coming here each one of the boys came into the shop everyday after that. Matt normally came around the time that Carson got off of school and he would spend a couple of hours talking and helping Carson with his homework and talking to me. It was now Friday and Carson and I were watching the shop waiting for Carson’s dad and my ex-husband, Heath Cooper, to pick him up. It was a long custody battle but the judge was fair and said that we had joint custody and after looking at Heath’s schedule he thought it would be best if Carson lived with me in a stable household during the week and he lived with Heath during the weekends.

“So what do you and Dad have planned this weekend?” I asked Carson as I was wiping off the counter.

“I don’t know,” Carson said, “Dad said he might take me Christmas light watching around his neighborhood but he didn’t know.”

“Cool,” I said smiling at him.

Heath and I might not have gotten along but we were civil for the sake of Carson. I put the rag back into the water bucket when the door chimed and I looked up and smiled to see Matt walking in with shopping bags in his hands.

“Done some shopping I see,” I smiled at him and he just chuckled as Carson said hi.

“I might have,” he laughed, “Don’t you ever have a day off?”

“It’s usually today and tomorrow,” I said, “but one of our baristas called in sick so here I am.”

“To the rescue,” Matt chuckled and I just rolled my eyes.

“The usual?” I asked and he nodded his head.

He was about to hand me his card but I shook my head no.

“Consider this a thank you present for helping Carson with his homework,” I smiled at him, “You really don’t need to but I really appreciate it.”

“I want to so it’s not a big deal Macie,” Matt said and I just shook my head as I handed him his drink.

“Well it is to me,” I smiled lightly at him.

“Well you’re welcome then,” Matt said and I just smiled.

“So what are you guys’ plans tonight?” Matt asked sitting down next to Carson who was doing something on my iPad.

“I’m going to my dad’s,” Carson said and Matt’s eyes widened and looked at me.

“I got a divorce six months ago,” I said, “Don’t worry you didn’t know.”

Before Matt could respond, the door chimed again and this time Heath walked in with his new girlfriend, Lillian Walters.

“Dad!” Carson exclaimed hopping out of his seat and running over to hug his dad.

“Hey buddy,” Heath grinned at him hugging Carson back, “How was school?”

“Awesome,” Carson exclaimed, “I have so much to tell you!”

“Well why don’t you go get your bags from the back and then we’ll all go out for dinner,” Heath said and Carson smiled and nodded his head.

He then rushed into the back and Heath glared at Matt and then gave me a ‘what the hell’ look.

“Hello Heath,” I said, “Matt I would like you to meet. . .”

“Heath Cooper of Cooper and Cooper,” Heath cut me off looking at Matt like he was so disease,
“Macie’s ex-husband and you are?”

“Matt Sanders,” Matt smiled, “of the successful rock band Avenged Sevenfold and Macie’s friend. Nice to meet you.”

“I wish I could say the same,” Heath replied back and I just shook my head and gave Matt an ‘it’s okay’ look, “When were you going to tell me you were seeing other people?”

“When were you going to tell me you finally made your relationship with your secretary public?” I fired back and Heath just looked at me threw the slits in his eyes.

Lillian looked like I had just slapped her across the face but I really didn’t care.

“Look Heath who you date is none of my business but if she lays a hand on Carson I will be pursing sole custody,” I threatened, “and trust me I will do whatever necessary to win.”

Before Heath could sling an insult back, Carson came running back into the room and hugged me tightly.

“Bye Momma,” he said, “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too sweetheart,” I said hugging him back, “but I’ll see you Sunday afternoon. Be good for your dad okay?”

“Okay,” he grinned and then went over to hug Matt which shocked him and me, “Bye Matt. Take care of Mom while I’m gone okay?”

“You got it buddy,” Matt smiled down at him and then looked over at me and I just shrugged my shoulders.

“Bye Mom. Bye Matt,” Carson said and then left the shop with Heath and I looked over at Matt completely shocked.

“You’re ex-husband is an asshole,” Matt said after a few minutes of silence.

“Tell me about it,” I muttered as I moved back behind the counter.

“Well how about I make your Friday night a bit better,” Matt said smiling, “Why don’t you let me take you to a casual dinner and if you’re feeling like a rebel we go to a movie?”

I thought about it for a minute and I wasn’t so sure. Was I ready to put myself out on the dating market again? Was this even considered a real date? I was so indecisive and it was driving me crazy. I closed my eyes and just said the first thing to come to my mind.

“Sure,” I said, “I get off in fifteen minutes.”

“So I’ll pick you up around say seven?” Matt asked smiling widely at me and I saw his dimples I so much adored.

“Seven sounds good,” I smiled.

“Text me your address?” he asked and I nodded my head.

“Will do,” I said and I smiled at him.

“Perfect,” he replied.

He then came over to kiss my cheek and I blushed profusely which cause him to grin even wider if that was possible.

“See you soon Macie,” he said, “Thanks for the coffee.”

“No problem,” I said as he left and shook my head still smiling goofily at the counter.

Image


I had gotten home around six o’clock and it was eerily quiet. I hated when Carson was at his dad’s house because the house was a lot quieter since it was just me in the small three bedroom house I was able to buy from the money I saved up after years of not spending my money that my lawyer ex-husband so kindly gave me as a chore money and with some help from my parents. I put my bags on the couch in the living room and sighed as I turned on the TV as loud as I could handle so it could give me some noise as I headed into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. I shoot Matt a text with my address on it and then headed up to my room on the second floor of the house. I changed out of my work attire and into something more appropriate in my mind’s eye. I didn’t know where Matt was taking me but he said a casual dinner so I wasn’t going to get too dolled up. I was just touching up what little makeup I had when I heard the doorbell rang. I walked down the stairs and smiled when I opened the door to find Matt standing on my porch in jeans and white t-shirt with a black leather jacket on. He just smiled at me and I returned the smile and then noticed his hands were behind his back.

“What are you hiding Sanders?” I asked laughing lightly as I let him walk into the house.

“It’s a surprise so close your eyes,” he said and I sighed dramatically.

“Okay Sanders my eyes are closed,” I said, “Now what is so secretive that I needed to close my eyes?”

“Okay open them,” Matt said and I opened them to see that he was holding a small bouquet of brightly colored flowers in front of his face.

I was completely shocked and my mouth dropped. Heath never did this for me and I felt myself blush again.

“Oh my god Matt,” I said and Matt looked at me worriedly.

“Is it too much?” Matt asked worried, “Maybe I went over the top? I should’ve gotten the carnations.”

“Oh no,” I said quickly and looked at Matt with a genuine smile, “I’ve just never had someone buy me flowers who weren’t Carson, my older brother, and my dad.”

“You mean your ex-husband never bought you flowers,” he said shocked.

“He was a trust-fund baby,” I replied quietly.

“Well he just became a bigger asshole,” Matt said and I just laughed and took the flowers.

“Thank you for the flowers,” I said, “I’ll go put these in water before we go.”

“Okay and it’s not a big deal a beautiful and kind woman should never be neglected,” Matt said and followed me into the kitchen as I blushed at his words.

I quickly put the flowers away and then spun around to smile at Matt.

“Lead the way Mr. Sanders,” I said.

Matt grinned his dimple grin and we left my house. Dinner was absolutely a blast with Matt. We went to a diner that I always used to go to in high school with a bunch of my friends. Matt and I talked about everything and anything. Turns out Matt had also been recently divorced and that he was heartbroken as well because his wife left him because of all his traveling. I then went into the reason as to why Heath and I got a divorce.

“I can’t believe he cheated on you after you gave him a son,” Matt said shaking his head, “What an idiot.”

“Well I could say the same about your ex-wife,” I said as Matt and I shared a piece of pie, “She left you because you tour all the time you have to be kidding me. Who does that? Dumbest reasons ever.”

Matt just laughed at me and we continued to get to know each other. I told him a little bit about my family and how I had married Heath very young and I dropped out of college to be the housewife that Heath wanted me to be and soon after Heath and I began having problems I started baking at the coffee shop. Matt also told me that he was the oldest of two kids and he had a younger sister named Amy and parents who he made sure to take care.

“And you’re still single?” I asked after all of what he told me.

“Still single,” Matt chuckled and I just shook my head.

“Well whatever woman catches you is one lucky woman,” I said and Matt just smiled.

“I could say the same for you Miss Williamson,” he replied and I just laughed.

I was grabbing my wallet and Matt place his hand over mine.

“If you continue to get your money out I will have to give it back to you,” Matt said, “I invited I pay.”

“But. . .” I started and Matt shook his head.

“Just stay here and I’ll be right back,” he grinned at me and I just shook my head.

“You’re lucky to that one Macie,” Maggie, the older woman who owned the diner said, “He’s a gentleman way better than that ex-husband of yours. He has manners. Your mother would love him.”

“I don’t know Maggie,” I said being honest, “I’m focused on Carson you know.”

“Everyone deserves happiness Macie,” she said, “Including you.”

She then smiled at me and disappeared into the back as Matt came back for me.

“Ready to head back home or do you think you might enjoy a drink at one of my favorite bars?” Matt asked.

“A drink sounds lovely,” I replied as he took my hand.

Matt opened my door and then drove to Johnny’s Bar which was a few blocks away from my house. My high school friends and I always go here to catch up on Friday nights.

“Please tell me you’ve been here before too,” Matt said and I smiled.

“They know me by name as well,” I smiled and Matt grinned.

“Marry me please,” he teased and I just grinned.

“You have to buy me a drink first sailor,” I winked as we walked into the bar.

“I can handle that,” he winked and we went up to the bar to order a drink.

“Macie my favorite MILF!” the bartender, Kyle exclaimed.

“Hey Ky,” I smiled at him and then he grinned at Matt.

“And Mr. Shadows,” he said, “I knew you two would meet sooner or later.”

“Don’t even ask,” I said to Matt as we grabbed our drinks that Kyle got for us.

“I wasn’t even going to,” Matt chuckled and we made our way towards a back corner booth.

Matt and I spent about another hour talking to each other before we decided to head out and he was going to take me home. When he pulled up into my driveway, he was the perfect gentleman and walked me up to my door.

“I had a really fun time Matt,” I said, “Thanks for inviting me out.”

“Anytime Macie,” Matt grinned, “I had fun too. Thanks for coming out with me.”

“We’ll have to do it again really soon,” I said.

“We’ll have too,” Matt said, “Good night Macie.”

“Night Matt,” I said and I did something out of my norm and kissed his cheek, “Text me to let me know you got home safely.”

“I will,” Matt said and I noticed him blushing.

“Night Matt,” I said again.

“Night,” he said still shocked and I shut the door.

I had no idea what was going on with me and Matt but I did know that I enjoyed spending time with him and I wanted to spend more time with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone here's another update!!!

Thanks for all the recommendations and comments already! They really mean a lot to me!

Let me know what you all think!