Christmas Wishes

Chapter Three

Today was my day off from the coffee shop and I was woken up with my cell phone ringing. I groaned out loud because I was hoping to sleep in at least until nine o’clock. I pulled my phone off the nightstand and answered it.

“Hello,” I said.

“Mom,” I heard Carson’s voice say.

“Carson,” I said sitting up immediately, “What’s wrong is everything okay?”

“Yeah everything is fine Mom,” Carson said, “I was just calling to see if you wanted to eat breakfast with me and dad.”

“Oh. . .um. . .” I said.

“Please,” Carson said, “Dad said he needed to talk to you about something.”

“Okay,” I sighed, “Where are we going?”

“The diner on Main Street,” Carson said.

“Alright,” I said, “Can you two give me at least a half hour so I can get ready?”

“Meet you at nine?” he asked.

“Sure,” I said.

“Okay love you Mom,” he said.

“Love you too sweetheart,” I said.

I then hung up the phone and went to go get some clothes on. Once I was changed I left my hair down in its waves and grabbed my purse and keys and headed to the diner by Heath’s house. When I pulled into the parking lot, I already saw Heath’s car and I got out of my car and headed on inside. Heath and Carson were sitting in the back of the diner and Carson ran up to meet me.

“Mom!” he exclaimed.

“Hey sweetheart,” I said, “Did you have fun with Dad last night.”

“Yes,” he said grinning, “Dad and I went to a movie.”

“Oh what movie did you go see?” I asked.

“Thor,” Carson said, “It was awesome!”

“I bet kiddo,” I said as I slid into the other side of the booth, “Morning Heath.”

“Morning,” Heath replied, “I ordered you coffee and made sure they brought sugar and creamer.”

“Thanks,” I said.

I looked over the menu to see that like I normally did I was going to get some pancakes. We all ordered and then Carson asked if he could go play on one of the video games and both Heath and I said yes and Heath gave him some money. Once Carson was out of ear shot, I looked over at Heath.

“What did you need to talk to me about?” I asked.

“My dad wants to open an office in New York,” Heath said.

“And you’re telling me this?” I asked.

“He wants me to open the office in New York,” he said and I raised an eyebrow.

“He does realize that you have a son to take care of, you know his only grandson,” I said.

“I know and I told him that,” Heath said, “but he said either I go or he won’t make me partner.”

“Why don’t you start your own practice?” I asked, “You’ve always wanted to do that.”

“I can’t,” he said.

“I wouldn’t understand,” I replied and Heath sighed and I just shook my head.

“You’re unbelievable you know that Heath,” I said shaking my head, “Fine go to New York but only understand that you’ll only see your son for one week during the summer when it is convenient for me. God you never think of Carson sometimes I swear.”

I then stood up from the booth and put some money on the table.

“That should cover my coffee and pancakes,” I said, “I need to get out of here.”

I then walked away before Heath could stop me and I went over to Carson.

“Hey bud,” I said and he spun to look at me and smiled, “I have to head back home.”

“Why?” Carson asked.

“Papa needs me to run back home to grab something and bring it into the coffee shop before ten,” I said, “And I have to go look for it.”

“Okay,” Carson said and I could tell he was a bit bummed.

“But I will make it up to you tomorrow okay,” I said, “We’ll go get some ice cream?”

“Sure,” he grinned and I nodded my head.

I kissed his forehead and walked out of the diner and to my car. I was so pissed off at Heath for even considering about going to New York City and opening up another practice. He totally didn’t think about how this would affect Carson at all. I swear if I found out that he was doing this so he wouldn’t have to deal with me as much I was going to make his life a living hell. The only thing I was grateful for was the fact that Heath had the decency to talk to me about it before he left. I drove back home in a complete and sour mood. I pulled into my driveway and was completely shocked to find Brian sitting on my front steps.

“Brian,” I said getting out of my car.

“There you are,” Brian said standing up, “I’ve been ringing your doorbell for the past ten minutes.”

“What did you need?” I asked confused.

“I need help buying a present for your sister,” he said, “She’s so hard to buy for!”

“Tell me about it,” I laughed, “Grab your jacket and then let’s head to the mall maybe we’ll find
something.”

“Okay,” he grinned and I walked back to my car and Brian hopped in the other side.

The drive to the mall was filled with a comfortable silence and I had to give credit to Lennox, she picked a really good one. He had manners and everything.

“So are you two a thing?” I asked as we walked into the mall.

“Not yet,” Brian sighed.

“You sound like you’re upset about that,” I said and Brian just chuckled at me.

“Is it weird that I’m talking about my relationship with your sister?” he asked and I smiled.

“Just so long as you don’t talk about your sex life we’ll be golden,” I smiled and winked at him which caused me to laugh loudly as we walked into a jewelry store.

“Does she want a pretty necklace?” Brian asked as we looked at the different necklaces.

“If you get her jewelry she likes simple things,” I said as we looked at the necklace, “You should definitely ask her to be your girlfriend like this. You have a dog right?”

“Well yeah I have a dog named pinkly,” he said.

“You should tie a note to Pinkly saying be my girlfriend and then when she looks up bam you have a necklace for her,” I said nonchalantly and smiled when I saw the perfect necklace for her.

“Is this the one?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I smiled, “but don’t get it right now.”

“Why not?” he asked confused.

“Because she’s watching from the coffee shop,” I smirked and Brian looked up and I laughed as his mouth dropped.

“How in the hell. . .” he started and I just giggled.

“We’re really close,” I laughed, “Come on let’s go check out something else.”

I then grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the store and winked at my sister who grinned.

“So how was your date with Matt?” Brian asked as we were looking for some clothes in Forever21.

“How do you know about that?” I asked blushed and Brian smirked.

“Matt and I are very close,” Brian said in a girly voice and then we laughed, “I actually told him to ask you out. Sounds like you had fun though.”

“Would it be weird to say that I’ve never gone on out a date like that ever?” I asked looking up at him and then down at the ground.

“What do you mean?” Brian asked.

“I’ve never had a date with a guy who wouldn’t let me pay for anything or bring me flowers,” I said blushing.

“You’ve dated assholes your entire life haven’t you?” Brian asked and I smiled and shook my head.

“I’ve only dated Heath,” I mumbled, “So yeah. . .”

“Well I think Matt will change your outlook on men,” Brian grinned, “So don’t be so on guard. Matt knows exactly what it feels like to be betrayed.”

“We’ll see,” I said and it made Brian smile lightly.

“Want to go to the shop?” Brian asked, “I think you’re sister has called me like ten times asking me why we’re at the mall together.”

“Let’s go put her mind at ease,” I laughed as we headed towards the coffee shop.

We walked into the shop and I had to laugh because Lennox was waiting behind the counter casual as she possibly could.

“We were Christmas shopping for his sister,” I said, “Breathe.”

“Oh really,” Lennox said a bit deflated and I winked at her when Brian wasn’t looking and she nodded her head, “Did you show her the necklace you wanted to buy McKenna then?”

“Yeah,” Brian said, “She liked it too.”

“We do have similar taste,” Lennox said, “We’re almost the same person sometimes.”

“Which is scary with the two year age difference,” I said as the door chimed and in came Andrew, Heath’s friend.

“Well if it isn’t the two hottest sisters in Huntington Beach,” Andrew said and both Lennox and I rolled our eyes as Lennox rung up Andrew’s usual order.

“Well we’re going to head out Len,” I said, “We’re still on for girl’s night right?”

“I’ll be at your place at seven with Chinese,” she grinned.

“Girl’s night might if I join?” Andrew asked and I rolled my eyes.

“I’d rather eat glass Andrew,” I said.

“Bye babe,” Brian said and walked behind the counter to kiss Lennox and I had to smirk at the drop in Andrew’s face.

“Bye Bri,” Lennox smiled and blushed at him, “Call me later tonight?”

“Always beautiful,” he said, “Nice to meet you Aaron.”

“It’s Andrew,” Andrew yelled out as we walked out of the coffee shop and I just laughed.

“You can be a prick when you want to be Mr. Haner,” I said, “I like it.”

“Glad you do,” Brian said and we headed back to my car and back to my house.

When we pulled up into my driveway Brian thanked me for helping him out today and I nodded my head and told him it was a big deal. He then hugged me and walked off to his car and I just smiled to myself. I don’t what brought the boys of Avenged Sevenfold into our lives but I was thankful for them because I knew Matt and Brian were slowly opening up our eyes to see that things could be so easy in life and I couldn’t wait to really talk to Johnny, Zacky, and Arin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello all here's an update with some quality Brian and Macie time. Let me know what you think!

And thanks so much for all the comments and recommendations! I appreciate them all!!