Christmas Wishes

Chapter Five

When we pulled up to the school, I saw that we were ten minutes early.

“So what do you have planned for Carson?” I asked curiously and Matt just smirked at me.

“It’s going to be between me and Carson,” he said and I just huffed and he looked at me, “You don’t exactly like surprises do you?”

“Not particularly,” I said and Matt just smiled lightly at me.

I then saw the wheels starting to turn in his head and I groaned which caused him to laugh.

“The wheels are turning,” I said.

I then saw that is was five minutes until the bell rang so I got out of the car and Matt quickly followed me. We stood by the fence outside of Carson’s classroom and Matt wrapped his arm around my waist and I smiled lightly and leaned against him a bit. We heard the bell signal that school was out for the day and Carson came running out of the door and I saw him smile lightly but then frowned when he came up to us.

“What’s he doing here?” Carson asked crossing his arms and I looked up at Matt who dropped to Carson’s height.

“Here to make it up to you for being stupid,” he said, “If you’ll let me that is.”

“What did you have planned?” he asked.

Matt then whispered and they both looked up at me and then they looked at each other and Carson grinned widely and nodded his head.

“This weekend right?” Carson asked and Matt nodded his head, “The entire weekend?”

“Deal,” Carson said and shook Matt’s hand and I looked at them warily.

“Don’t worry about it Mom,” Carson said as I grabbed his hand, “It’ll be fine.”

Image


Turns out Matt’s deal to make it up to Carson was to take him and me to San Diego and do some fun Christmas traditions in that town. I was told by my sister, Brian, Johnny, Arin, Zacky, and my father that I was going no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I was going over last minute things while Matt went to go pick up Carson and fill Matt’s SUV with gas and get snack food for Carson. We were lucky because Heath had to go out of town this weekend for his job and I got to keep Carson for the weekend. I was just finishing up getting mine and Carson’s things packed when the doorbell rang. I rushed down the stairs to find everyone was standing on the front porch.

“We need to see what you packed,” Lacey, Johnny’s girlfriend said.

Over the last week, I had been introduced to Johnny’s girlfriend, Lacey, Zacky’s girlfriend, Gena, and Leana, Jimmy’s wife when the boys would come in and ask about how Matt and I were. When the girls found out that I was the girl that Matt had been smitten with they have been helping me look more like a hot mom than my normal attire.

“I get no say in this do I?” I asked looking at the boys.

“Nope,” Lennox grinned and they all rushed upstairs to see what I had packed.

I just sighed and plopped on the couch with the boys.

“Aren’t you worried about what they are going to pack?” Johnny asked confused.

“I already packed a bag with safe clothes and put it in Matt’s car earlier this morning,” I smirked and the boys just chuckled.

“She learns so fast,” Zacky said, “I’m very impressed.”

Ever since Matt and I had started casually dating which mainly just meant that Matt ate dinner with me and Carson and we helped Carson with his homework and watched some TV together. I knew Heath absolutely hated Matt being around so much that he started making trips to the coffee shop just to see if Matt was around. However when he would come he got to meet each of the other band members and it clearly pissed him off that we all got along so well and Carson adored them as well.

“So any ideas as to what Matt and Carson have planned for you all?” Brian asked smirking at me.

“You all know and you’re not going to tell me,” I pointed out and then smirked when I saw Arin sitting there innocently.

I think Johnny and Zacky picked up on my sudden mood change because they went to go sit next to Arin and looked at me.

“Arin,” I said and smiled.

“Don’t you crack Arin,” Johnny warned, “Don’t fall for the smile. It’s a trap Arin don’t do it.”

“Come on Arin,” I said smiling innocently, “I’ll give you all the brownies you want if you tell me.”

“Come on man you’re so much stronger than that,” Zacky said trying to help Arin who was starting to sweat a bit.

“Um. . .” he said and before I could say anything else the front door opened up and in Carson came running in and leaping at me.

“Are we all packed to go Momma?!” he asked excitedly.

“Almost baby,” I smiled at him and then looked up at Matt who smiled at me, “Go hurry up Auntie Lennox and the girls.”

“Okay,” he said, “Hi Brian, Zacky, Johnny, and Arin.”

“Hey bud,” they all replied and then Carson ran up the stairs.

“And you come with me,” I said standing up from the couch to Matt, “You have to help me with the small cooler I packed.”

“Okay,” Matt said a bit confused and we walked into the kitchen.

I was standing in front of the fridge looking for the cooler I put in there when I felt Matt standing behind me. I shut the door and spun around to look at Matt confused.

“Did I ever tell you how lucky I am to have you in my life?” he asked brushing some hair out of my face.

“Um. . .no,” I said blushing and my throat going dry with being so close to Matt.

“Well I am,” he said smiling down at me, “And I love the fact that you’re not bothered by my famousness.”

“You are?” I squeaked a bit and Matt just chuckled.

“Mmmhmm,” he replied and then the next thing to happen completely threw me off guard.

Matt lowered his head to mine and kissed me. When our lips met it was nothing like when I kissed Heath. I could feel this warmth throughout my body and I could feel the love and adoration in the kiss. It wasn’t one of lust or of hunger and it was so soft that I knew that this was something good in my life. When our lips parted, Matt still had a hand rested on my cheek and looked down at me and he was smiling lovingly at me.

“I’ve been wanting to do that for days now,” he whispered and I smiled at him.

“Well I’m glad you did it now,” I replied feeling myself blush.

“Mom! Matt! Are you two ready!?” Carson exclaimed and both Matt and I quickly stepped apart and I grabbed the cooler from the fridge.

“Sandwiches for the ride down,” I smiled at Matt’s confused look.

“Amazing,” he said and kissed my temple and we headed out of the house.

“Well you’re all packed man,” Brian said as I locked the doors.

“Have fun this weekend girlie,” the girls said hugging me, “You definitely deserve this.”

“I will,” I said, “I have two of the most important boys in my life right now with me.”

The girls all awed and I just laughed and hugged Brian, Arin, Johnny, and Zacky.

“You’re going to love it,” Arin said, “I promise.”

“I’ll take your word for it Arin,” I said and Carson scrambled into the backseat.

Matt and I then got into the car and we made our way to San Diego. Carson requested we had Christmas music playing the entire way so Matt, Carson, and I were all singing at the top of our lungs to the Christmas songs on the radio until Carson had fallen asleep. I looked in the back and smiled at my little boy.

“So I know you’re dying to know what we have planned,” Matt said grabbing my hand as we drove.

“Yes are you going to tell me at all?” I asked looking at him and he smiled and shook his head no.

“Then it wouldn’t be a surprise,” he said and I groaned, “Just trust me and relax you’re going to have fun.”

I just grumbled and he just laughed and kissed the top of my hand.

“Trust me beautiful,” he said and I felt butterflies as he called me beautiful.

“Fine,” I sighed and then smiled when I heard one of my favorite Christmas songs growing up.

I really can't stay, I sang.
But baby, it's cold outside, Matt said and I smiled lightly.
I've got to go away
But baby, it's cold outside
This evening has been
Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice
I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice
My mother will start to worry
Beautiful, what's your hurry?
My father will be pacing the floor
Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry
Beautiful, please don't hurry
But maybe just a half a drink more
Put some records on while I pour
The neighbors might think
Baby, it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink?
No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how
Your eyes are like starlight
To break this spell
I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell
I ought to say no, no, no, sir
Mind if I move in closer?
At least I'm gonna say that I tried
What's the sense in hurting my pride?
I really can't stay
Baby, don't hold out
Oh, but it's cold outside
I simply must go
But baby, it's cold outside
The answer is no
But baby, it's cold outside
This welcome has been
How lucky that you dropped in
So nice and warm
Look out the window at that storm
My sister will be suspicious
Gosh, your lips look delicious
My brother will be there at the door
Waves upon a tropical shore
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious
Ooh, your lips are delicious
But maybe just a cigarette more
Never such a blizzard before
I've got to get home
But baby, you'll freeze out there
Say, lend me your coat
It's up to your knees out there
You've really been grand
I thrill when you touch my hand
But don't you see
How can you do this thing to me?
There's bound to be talk tomorrow
Think of my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied
If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay
Get over that hold out
Oh, but it's cold outside

When the song was over, Carson was up and he was just grinning widely at me and Matt. Maybe this weekend was much needed indeed. I had the two most important boys in my life and I was truly happy for the first time in the last few years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! Here's an update! Let me know what you think!

On an off note Recs: 17 Readers: 133 Subscribers: 59 and Comments: 11?! You guys are completely and utterly awesome! Thank you so much for doing all of this!