Christmas Wishes

Chapter Six

This weekend was absolutely fun. Matt had us go to Balboa Park Friday night and we explored the Christmas decorations and spent time with Carson. I noticed that Matt and Carson were bonding so well that I had to blush when an older couple said that we had a beautiful family. We didn’t have the heart to tell her that we weren’t even dating. Saturday I was sent to the spa because Matt and Carson were having man bonding time according to Carson and that they would meet me for dinner because they were going to send a car for me. I had spent the last twenty minutes on the phone with the girls telling them about last night and earlier today.

“He did what for you?!” Lennox exclaimed as I sat down on my bed.

“I was at the spa for most of the day Len,” I said knowing I was put on speaker phone, “I just want to marry the man. He’s perfect there is no possible flaw that I can find.”

“What can we say love,” I heard Lacey’s voice, “The Avenged boys are absolutely perfect.”

“Tell me about it,” I said, “And both of these boys are being absolutely secretive about dinner all they said was to dress fancy.”

“Did you find the lace dress we packed for you?” Leana asked and I smiled looking at the dress that was sitting in the closet.

“I did,” I said looking at the dress, “and I really should yell at you for everything that you packed.”

“Live a little girlie!” Gena exclaimed, “Wear that red lace dress and those shoes we picked out for you and just put your hair into a low curly bun. You’ll classy sexy.”

“Classy sexy,” I said and they all laughed.

“Yes classy sexy,” Lennox said, “now go before we make you late.”

“Bye,” I said and I heard a chorus of bye and then hung up the phone.

It was time to make myself into the classy sexy lady I was meant to be.

[img]http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Divider-9.jpg
[/img]

I was nervously sitting in the car on the way to the restaurant that Matt and Carson had picked out for tonight’s dinner.

“You look mighty nervous miss,” the driver said looking in his rearview mirror and I smiled lightly.

“I am,” I said quietly, “The man that I’m casually dating and my son have this special night planned and I have no idea what’s going on.”

The driver just chuckled and smiled warmly at me.

“That man must love you dearly if he’s going through all this trouble,” he said and I smiled down at my clutch and then back up at him.

“It’s a nice Christmas surprise,” I said lightly, “I haven’t been this happy since my son was born.”

“Well I wish you nothing but the best ma’am,” he said as we pulled up to the restaurant.

“Thanks for the ride,” I replied politely.

“It was my pleasure,” he said and I gave him some money much to his protest.

“Have a Merry Christmas,” I said and then walked into the restaurant.

Matt and Carson said someone would show me to where they were so I went up to the front desk.

“Hi,” I said, “I’m meeting a Matt Sanders here tonight.”

“Oh yes,” the woman smiled, “Right this way.”

She then led me up some stairs and I gasped at the beauty of the way the room was set up. There were a few tables and were a few people up there and lights hung from the ceiling I was looking around and then my mouth dropped when I saw Matt and Carson dressed up in matching tuxes.

“Mommy!” Carson exclaimed and running over to me.

“My baby boy,” I said and hugged him tightly as he grabbed my hand and thanked the hostess who brought me up to the rooftop.

The hostess winked at Carson and wished us luck. Carson led me to the table and I smiled at Matt who was grinning at me and handed me a rose.

“A beautiful rose for a beautiful woman,” Matt said and I just blushed.

“And another rose for the best mom ever,” Carson said and I just grinned and kissed his cheek and then kissed Matt’s cheek.

“Want to help your mom with her cut bud?” Matt asked and Carson nodded his head and I let him help me take off my coat.

“Thanks sweetheart,” I said and Carson grinned.

“Anytime Momma,” he said and then went to go sit in his seat.

I then looked up to see Matt’s mouth drop.

“What?” I asked confused looking down at my dress, “Is it too much? I knew I should’ve put on the black dress. . .”

“No, no, no,” Matt said quickly and made me look up at him, “You look stunning.”

I then blushed and he grinned.

“Let’s eat shall we?” Matt asked and I nodded my head.

Dinner was great. There was conversation between all of us and Carson was telling me about his day with Matt.

“So you boys went racing go carts and played at the arcade most of the day,” I said, “Did you eat hotdogs and junk food too?”

“Duh,” Matt said, “We had to go all out didn’t we bud?”

“Yeah!” Carson exclaimed and I laughed at them.

We continued talking and then I was asked about my day.

“So did you have fun being a girl Mommy?” Carson asked me and I smiled at him.

“I sure did,” I smiled, “I loved it.”

“Good,” Carson grinned at me.

We ate our meals and when dessert came around a band started playing Christmas music lightly and I smiled at the atmosphere.

“Mind if I steal your mom for a dance bud?” Matt asked and Carson just grinned and shook his head no.

Matt then smiled at me and grabbed my hand. I was lead to the small dance floor they had and Matt and I started dancing.

“You know,” I said smiling at the big giant teddy I wanted to call my own, “For a rockstar you sure are a huge softie.”

Matt just smiled and me and chuckled lightly.

“What can I say a certain pretty girl with a great kid makes me a hopeless romantic,” Matt said causing me to blush and laugh, “but in all honesty I wasn’t always exactly the big softie you know me as, a couple months after the divorce. . .”

“You slept around a lot?” I asked and he sheepishly looked at me and I gave him a warm smile, “Don’t be ashamed about it. The week the divorce was finalized my sister-in-law and sister took me to Vegas. . .Let’s just say it ended with me in bed with a man I don’t even remember meeting.”

Matt just laughed at me and spun me around.

“Well it’s good to know that you went a bit off the deep end too,” he said, “but I do have a serious question to ask you.”

Matt had stopped dancing and we were now standing in the middle of the dance floor. The older couples were watching us as he looked over at Carson who came up to us with a long black velvet jewelry box and handed it to Matt. I looked up at Matt confused and he just smiled at me.

“Macie, I was smitten with you the first time I saw you in your family’s coffee shop and the more time I’ve spent with you the more I’ve realized that you’re the one person who has really gotten to understand me and get to know me passed the M. Shadows persona I have. You’ve listened to me and all my baggage and yet you’re still here standing in front of me dressed so beautifully and elegantly like you always are. So after a long and serious conversation with your brother via skype, your dad, and Carson,” he started, “They’ve given me the okay to ask this one question. I decided I wanted to do this and make it special for you after your twelve year marriage to Heath. Macie will you do the honor of being my girlfriend?”

I was so taken aback that I could feel the tears falling down my face. No one and I mean no one had ever made this big of a fuss about asking me to be their girlfriend. Heath asked me over a text. I saw Matt open the box to show me a heart shaped necklace and he told me to flip it over and I saw MMC and today’s date engraved under the initials of mine, Carson’s, and Matt’s first name.

“I know marriage is like a huge step and I know of us aren’t completely ready for that anytime soon but I do want to spend the rest of my life with you Mace,” he said as he put the necklace on me and everyone was clapping and I kissed him.

That was the great thing about my new relationship with Matt. I never had to physically say yes because he already knew I couldn’t resist him. When we parted Carson hugged both of us and Matt picked him up and we all danced together.

“So this was your guys’ plan all along wasn’t it?” I asked and the both grinned widely.

“Just wait til you see what we do tomorrow Momma before we leave!” Carson exclaimed and I just laughed and kissed both my boys on the cheek.

“I bet it’ll be fun,” I replied and we danced until late into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter is shorter than the rest I just wanted to get this out there as soon as possible! Hopefully I'll update again tonight because I'm a free woman. I just finished my last final for the semester so it'll be easier to update!

Let me know what you all think!!