Christmas Wishes

Chapter Seven

The weekend in San Diego with Matt and Carson was much needed and we were all kind of bummed we had to come back to Huntington Beach on Sunday.

“Look on the Brightside kiddo,” Matt said as we pulled up into my driveway, “You get done with school on Wednesday. Only two more days of school.”

“But that’ll take forever!” Carson whined, “Two days is a long time Matt.”

I just smiled at Matt who rolled his eyes.

“Where have I heard that before?” he asked teasingly.

“I have no clue what you’re talking about,” I said laughing as I got out of Matt’s car and grabbed a couple of suitcases.

“What are you doing?” Matt asked me as I walked up the steps and unlocked the door.

“Taking my luggage in,” I said, “Why? Is there a problem?”

“No more bringing luggage in,” he said, “It’s my job and I will do it.”

I just rolled my eyes at Matt’s request and grabbed the bags and brought them into the living room. Matt brought the rest of the bags in with Carson’s help and I looked over at Carson.

“You know what I need next?” I asked Carson and he grinned.

“On it!” he exclaimed and rushed to down to the laundry room and started bringing baskets with labels of what clothes needed to be where.

“What is he doing?” Matt asked confused.

“After every trip we go on Carson and I go through our dirty clothes and separate them,” I said, “We listen to music and do it.”

“What kind of music do you listen to?” Matt asked.

“Momma can we listen to Pantera this time?” Carson asked as he set some of the baskets down.

“Of course love,” I said, “Go pick the CD off the rack.”

Matt’s eyes bugged out of his head as Carson went over to my massive CD collect that I was able to get out of storage when I divorced Heath.

“This is your CD collection,” Matt said shocked.

“Yeah,” I blushed, “I have a few more boxes in storage because we don’t have room but this is most of it.”

“This one Mom!” Carson exclaimed rushing over to me and handing the CD and I nodded my head.

I put the CD in my stereo and pushed play and Carson grinned and started singing at the top of his lungs as he went to go get the other baskets.

“Marry me now,” Matt said in all seriousness and I laughed lightly, “You’re raising this child correctly.”

I just grinned and started doing my normal routine.

“Alright Carson,” I said, “Tell me what you wore and what you didn’t.”

Carson nodded his head and we started our process. Carson was done in about twenty minutes and then disappeared upstairs to his room to do whatever he does in his room. I then started going through my clothes.

“So can I ask a question?” Matt asked and I hummed as a yes, “How do you do it?”

“Do what?” I asked confused looking up at Matt.

“Be this amazing woman and mom at the same,” he said, “No single mom I know is this good at it.”

“Well,” I smiled, “Sit down and I’ll explain.”

Matt looked at me confused but did as he was told.

“When my sister was born my mom just packed up and left us for a few years,” I said, “I was two, my brother was five, and my sister was six months old. My dad raised up on his own until my mom came back when I was six, Lennox was four, and Lukas was nine. My mom hasn’t really been in my life a whole lot. She just packs and leaves a whole lot she has for my entire life and growing up I knew I didn’t want to be that kind of mom for my child. I wanted to be like my father. He gave up a lot to get to where we are today.”

“So where is she now?” Matt asked quietly and I smiled lightly.

“She left again,” I said, “I don’t know when she’ll be back but my dad loves her too much to ever divorce her.”

“So you wanted to be a better wife and mother,” Matt said trying to figure out what I went through as a child.

“Exactly,” I said as I continued to sort clothes and then started folding clothes that weren’t worn.

“Well I see it,” Matt said, “And I can say that you are a way better mom and girlfriend than your mom or any other woman I have seen.”

I smiled lightly at him and kissed his cheek.

“Thanks Matt,” I said and then yelled for Carson to come get his clothes that he didn’t wear to put them away.

Carson ran down and then asked Matt to come see what he did to his room and smiled lightly as I stacked the baskets. I had managed to get a load of laundry started when I walked into the living room to find Matt waiting for me.

“So I’m going to go home and unpack and check out the house,” he said, “I’ll call you later tonight okay?”

“Okay,” I smiled, “Text me when you get home so I know your safe.”

Matt nodded his head and kissed me.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” he said and then walked out the door.

[img]http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Divider-9.jpg
[/img]

When I walked into the coffee shop on Monday I smiled and laughed because Welcome To The Family was playing and the guys with their girls including Lennox were smiling widely.

“Welcome to the family!” the girls exclaimed and ran over to hug me tightly.

I just laughed and blushed profusely as I was passed around for hugs and congratulations and when I got to Matt I just shook my head.

“This is a nice surprise,” I said and kissed him.

“Wasn’t me,” he said, “All the girls.”

I just laughed and stole the brownie in Matt’s hands.

“Hey,” he said and I grinned.

“What’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine,” I giggled and they girls laughed.

“She’s not hanging out with any of your significant others!” Matt exclaimed, “She’s starting to sound like them.”

“Wait,” I said spinning around to see Lennox who was blushing.

“You weren’t the only one to be welcomed into the Avenged family,” Lennox said and I squealed.

“Oh my god!” I exclaimed, “Why didn’t you call me!?”

“Because it happened this morning,” she said and I smirked over at Brian who was grinning.

“Congratulations!” I exclaimed and hugged her tightly, “I need to know details.”

I saw out of the corner of my eye Matt’s smile falter and little bit because I knew he wanted people to fawn over me like I fawned over people.

Lennox explained the story as the girl and I just smiled and congratulated her and Brian. Both were grinning brightly and I looked over to see Matt just frowning a bit.

“This was supposed to be for you,” Matt whispered as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

“It’s alright babe,” I said smiling at him, “No one needs to be happy for us because you know why?”

“Why?” he asked.

“Because two of the most important people in my life were with me when I said yes,” I smiled being cheesy for the first time.

“You’re too good for me,” Matt said and I just smiled as he kissed me.

The door then chimed and we all looked over to see a woman with blonde hair walk in and I felt Matt tighten.

“I’m sorry am I. . .” she started and then her eyes lit up when she saw Matt, “Matt oh what a pleasure it is to see you.”

“Val,” Matt said monotone and I looked at Matt’s ex-wife.

“My friend told me I had to come here,” she said, “You know how much I love coffee.”

“Well welcome to The Family Bean,” I said smiling politely, “Do you mind if I recommend something?”

“Not at all,” she smiled and I saw right through the fake smile and saw the hate glint in her eye.

“Okay,” I said, “What size would you like me to make your drink?”

“The biggest size you have,” she smiled.

“Okay,” I said and headed to make the drink.

“So how have you been Mattie!?” Val asked, “I saw you have this new girl on your arm. She looks gorgeous. I saw that you took her to San Diego did she enjoy how you pampered her?”

I pretended to not know what she was talking about and continued with the drink.

“How did you know that Val?” Matt asked guarded, “I never did that with you nor did I tell anyone about that trip.”

“You. . .” Val started but Leana cut her off.

“Cut the crap Val,” Leana said, “We all know you’re here to size up Macie because she’s taken your man that you divorced remember? Just cut the fakeness. Guess what Matt’s happy so just get the hell out of here.”

Val never said anything and I finished up her drink.

“Here you go,” I smiled politely and she snatched the drink from my hand.

“Don’t worry about paying for it,” Lennox said before I could continue, “I’m the owner of this establishment and I want you to try this on us. Now if you’re going to continue to try and see who Matt is dating I would kindly like you to leave or I will get security. Thanks.”

Val just rolled her eyes and stormed out of the shop but first stopped to size me up and then looked over at Matt and shook her head.

“I can’t believe you went for a woman who had a kid,” she laughed, “Miss barista you might want to stop eating so you don’t get fat.”

I just smiled politely and she looked like she won for a second.

“Thanks for the tip,” I said, “Might I give you a tip? Next time you get married try to keep your legs closed when your husband’s away because your partners talk. Macie Williamson, Heath Cooper’s ex-wife.”

Matt’s face turned beat red and Val’s face paled as the words left my mouth. She then quickly left and everyone looked at me impressed.

“Who would’ve known Momma has a backbone,” Zacky smirked and I just smiled lightly.

“I just found out the other night while I was going through the last box that was considered mine and Heath’s things and found a shit ton of emails between the two of them,” I said and looked at Matt who I could tell was broken about it, “I’m sorry you had to find out that way. I planned on telling you in private.”

“No. . .” Matt said but I grabbed his hand and Lennox nodded.

We walked out of the coffee shop and Matt looked at me confused.

“You’re pissed off,” I said, “I’m taking you to the gym so you can beat the shit out of the boxing bag and not a wall or something.”

Matt just shook his head and smiled lightly.

“Best girlfriend ever,” Matt mumbled and I kissed his cheek.

“Come on babe,” I said and we made our way to the gym.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this update is so late today everyone! I've been helping my friends move out of the dorms today and I just got back home. Hope you all like the update. It's not the best update in my opinion but I still hope you like it!