Christmas Wishes

Chapter Nine

It was now five o’clock and Becky and I had just finished frosting the billions of Christmas cookies we had baked for our annual family Christmas party that we were having on Saturday. I had yet to mention it to Matt because of everything that had happened right after he asked me to be his girlfriend and the fact that I was afraid he was going to say no or meet my entire family and then run away because he decided they were crazy.

“So have you told that hunk of a boyfriend about the Christmas party Saturday?” she asked me and I sighed as I was frosting a snowflake with blue frosting and white sprinkles.

“No,” I said, “He’s going to meet everyone and then he’s going to say: Hi I know I asked you to be my girlfriend a couple of weeks ago but can I have my necklace back? Your family is too crazy for me.”

I had managed to tell Becky everything about mine and Matt’s relationship from the time we met right at the end of November to our current moment in our relationship.

“Well from what you’ve told me,” Becky said, “I highly doubt the man would leave you. It sounds like you two are smitten with each other and he absolutely adored Carson.”

“Well we all know he’s going to find out sooner or later,” I muttered and Becky just laughed.

“I’ve never seen you this way before,” Becky said grinning.

“What?” I asked.

“So in love,” Becky smirked at me, “You never and I mean never thought about half of the things with Heath as you do with Matt and you’ve known him for three weeks and have dated him for a total of four days. . .”

“Shut up,” I mumbled blushing and she just grinned widely.

“You’re head over heels for the boy!” she said exclaimed and I just rolled my eyes.

Before I could retaliate back, the front door had opened and I heard Carson’s, Lukas’, and Matt’s voice all laughing.

“She really did that,” I heard Matt’s voice say laughing and I groaned.

“What embarrassing story?” I asked.

“The one where you broke your arm,” Carson grinned and I groaned.

“I was five,” I said.

“And wanted to prove Marcus wrong,” Lukas said, “I can’t believe you jumped from the deck to the trampoline.”

“I was off by like half an inch,” I said defending myself and all three boys laughed.

They all tried to grab a cookie and Becky and I swatted their hands.

“These are for the Christmas party Saturday,” Becky said, “Hands off. We’ve been baking for hours.”

“Christmas party?” Matt asked and I sighed as Becky winked at me.

“My entire Dad’s side of the family lives here in Huntington and we all get together the Saturday before Christmas and have a giant Christmas party together. We buy each other small gifts and catch up since we all don’t get to see each other very often,” I said, “I was going to ask you before dinner but you don’t have to come if you don’t want to.”

I was about to add on but Matt just smiled widely at me and shook his head.

“I’d love to go,” Matt said, “I want to meet your family.”

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding in and Matt smirked at me.

“Look at what Uncle Luke bought me Momma!” Carson exclaimed and he showed me a new nerf gun and I groaned.

“Luke,” I said, “He owns all the nerf guns possible.”

“Nope now he does,” my brother grinned at me.

“I can’t wait until your wife has your twins then I am going to spoil them all I want,” I grinned and Lukas’ eyes narrowed.

“Why don’t you help the pregnant lady up to the room for a quick nap before we head out for dinner,” she said to Lukas, “Want to help Cars?”

“Yes!” Carson exclaimed and helped Becky and Lukas upstairs to their room.

Once they were out of the room, I looked over at Matt who was smirking at me.

“Well don’t you look sexy all covered in flour,” he smirked at me as I leaned against the only place on the counter that had no cookies drying.

“Oh really?” I asked smirking and he just grinned wider.

“Yeah,” he said making sure I was cornered and couldn’t move, “You have some flour on your cheek.”

He then brushed my cheek with his thumb and I looked down and then back up at him.

“You’d get it?” I asked quietly and he nodded his head.

He was about to lean down and kiss me when Carson came running in.

“Mom!” he exclaimed, “I’m going to go take a nap.”

Matt quickly moved from where he was standing and I nodded my head as he rounded the corner.

“Sure thing love,” I replied, “I’ll wake you up in an hour.”

“Okay,” he said, “Thanks Mom.”

“No problem sweetheart,” I said and then he disappeared.

Once he disappeared, I looked over at Matt who was standing with his back to the sink. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around waist and put my head against his back.

“How about you help me pack the rest of these cookies and I’ll help you with your little problem you’re hiding from me,” I whispered in his ear and I heard Matt groan quietly.

“You’re definitely not helping now Macie,” he said huskily and I smirked.

“It’s only three dozen,” I replied and Matt groaned and we quickly put the cookies away.

I then grabbed his hand and we made our way to my room and shut the door. I was then pushed against the door and Matt’s lips met my in a very heated and passionate kiss.

“I’ve been waiting to do that for days,” he said as his forehead rested against mine, “God I can’t believe I didn’t call you after it happened.”

“It’s okay,” I whispered and kissed him again.

“No,” he replied, “It’s not okay.”

I just smiled lightly and kissed him again.

“If I was pissed I wouldn’t be kissing you,” I replied when we broke apart, “Now shut up and kiss me again.”

Matt just smirked and me and nodded his head.

“Yes ma’am,” he responded and kissed me again.

[img][centerhttp://www.pumpupyourbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Divider-9.jpg][/img]

I was quietly slipping out of bed to wake up Carson when I felt Matt’s arms tighten around me.

“Don’t leave,” he whined and I just giggled.

“I have to go wake up Carson,” I laughed, “We have to get ready for dinner.”

“But I’m so comfortable,” he said looking at me lazily.

“I’ll let you lay here until I get back,” I replied and kissed his lips and walked out of the room.

Now I know what it looks like but Matt and I didn’t have sex. Let’s just say that he gave me a compliment about my mouth and he does wonders with his fingers. I walked across the hall to find Carson already up and drawing something in his sketch pad.

“When did you get up baby?” I asked walking into his room and sat down next to him on his bed.

“Like ten minutes ago,” he said still drawing.

“Can I see what you’re drawing?” I asked.

“Sure,” he said and handed me the drawing and I gasped.

It was a drawing of me and Matt and then Carson. I was in a big white dress and Matt was in a
tux with Carson holding onto the ring pillow.

“I know that it’s super far out there but I do think you’re going to marry him Momma,” Carson said looking at me, “You never looked at Dad like you look at Matt Momma. You really care about him.”

That was the millionth time for someone to tell me that and I think hearing it from my kid made me realize that I actually did love Matt and I was in it for the long haul.

“Well babe,” I said, “I do love Matt and it’s exactly as much as I love you.”

“So a lot,” Carson grinned.

“A lot,” I said and kissed the top of his head, “Now get ready for dinner with Papa.”

“Hey Mom,” Carson said as I headed out of the house.

“Yeah babe,” I said.

“Do you think Nana will come home for Christmas?” he asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I don’t know love,” I said, “It would be nice but I don’t know.”

He nodded his head and I went back to my room to find Matt was still in the same position that I left him in.

“What?” he asked noticing something was on my mind.

“It’s just Carson got me seriously thinking about us,” I said looking up at him, “And if my mom is going to be here for Christmas.”

“About us?” Matt asked.

“Yes,” I smiled, “I told him I loved you just as much as I loved him.”

That made Matt grin widely and I just laughed.

“Now come on,” I said, “Get up and let’s get ready.”

I then noticed the luggage and tried putting things together.

“I know I said I lost everything but I had clothes scattered around,” Matt said, “When Val and I would fight, I would either go to Brian’s or my parents’ house, so when I decided to come here I packed all my clothes from Brian and most of my clothes from my parents’ house in a couple of bags I borrowed from Brian.”

“Oh,” I said blushing that he knew exactly what I was thinking about.

“You really have to stop the blushing,” Matt said, “It’s way too cute.”

I just laughed at Matt and decided start to get ready.

“Get ready Matt,” I laughed kissing his cheek as I grabbed some undergarments and headed into my bathroom, “And no you cannot shower with me.”

I then giggled when he tried to get to the bathroom and I shut and locked the door. We were both laughing on the other side when I had just smiled to myself. Even after all the bad things that were happening in our lives Matt and I somehow still found a way to smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is kind of short but I will definitely update again tonight with a longer chapter! Let me know what you think!