Times Square

Love Metal

The band was preparing to go on stage in the next few minutes so while she had the chance, Leigh returned to her office. She found Veronica sitting on the chair in front of the desk. At her entrance, the redheaded woman jumped from the seat and faced her boss.

“I'm so sorry...”

Leigh held up her hand to stop Veronica's words. “I can't believe you lied to me, Vee. You never do that.”

“I know.” Vee responded with shame in her expression. “It's just- you've been alone for a while now and I felt like you needed some fun.”

“Fun with a guy I've never met before?” Leigh raised a dark eyebrow up as she stared at her employee. “Are you trying to whore me out?”

A smile came to Vee's face before she could stop it. “Would that be wrong of me?”

With a groan, Leigh collapsed into the chair Vee had vacated. “You're going to kill me.”

“That's a little dramatic.”

“I feel like being dramatic.” Leigh told her before letting out a puff of breath. “You know I haven't dated since Jerry.”

Sinking into the seat beside Leigh, Veronica's caramel eyes appraised her boss in silence. Neither women wanted to break the strained quiet, but after a minute of nothing passing between them, Veronica caved.

“Jerry is an asshole.”

“It doesn't change what he did to me, Vee.” Leigh said sadly. She was too busy smoothing her blouse to even notice the look Veronica was giving her.

“No, but it's been two years, Leigh. It's time to get back on the horse, so to speak.” Veronica was trying to lighten the mood and though her ex wasn't a topic she enjoyed, Leigh appreciated it.

With a small laugh, Leigh nodded. “I guess a hot Finnish rock star can be a good start.”

Veronica pushed at her shoulder playfully as she giggled. “A good start? Honey- he's a finisher.”

Leigh, not intending to find out what else Veronica thought of Ville, went back stage to make sure the band was prepared for the set. Ville's blue eyes burned a hole through her as she walked back and forth checking lighting and amps. She avoided his gaze like the plague and when all was perfect, she turned to face the band as a whole.

“Ok, gentlemen. Everything is ready for your show. Have a good one and if you need anything, feel free to ask anyone back here.” Leigh took her leave. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Ville watch as she left.

Pulling her long wavy brunette hair back into a ponytail, Leigh found a seat at the bar where she could watch the show safely. The last thing she needed was those dazzling eyes staring at her during the entire show. Ordering a club soda, Leigh's gaze swept the club. A group of teens wearing black t-shirts had crowded towards the stage. Those who were slightly older were standing farther back, but all of them wore the same expression on their faces. Excitement and wonder.

Who was this guy?

Leigh wrapped her fingers around the cold glass and took a sip of the carbonated beverage. Then she settled into a comfortable position and prepared for HIM to take the stage.

Ville came onto the stage with his band to the loudest cheers Leigh had ever heard. An unexpected smile crossed her face as she took in the sight of Ville as he leaned forward to hug some of the girls in the front. He seemed like the sweetest guy. How could she even think he would have been rude to Vee?

The man walked to the microphone with a grin on his face. From where she sat, Leigh could see that he was tall, probably around six feet, and lean. He wasn't overly thin since he did have some muscle, but he was attractive nonetheless. Definitely the kind of man she could see herself with.

Shaking the thought from her head, Leigh knew she was going to have to use something stronger once she was off the clock to forget all thoughts of the Finnish rocker.

“Hello New York.” Ville said, his accent ringing out into the nightclub that was pulsing with excitement. “I'm glad you could come out to celebrate our new album with us. I'm going to start the show off with one of my favorites to perform.”

A fast paced beat came from the speakers and Leigh couldn't help by sway with it. It was intoxicating.

When Ville sang, however, the sound of his voice blew her away.

She is smiling like Heaven is down on Earth.
Sun is shining so bright on her.
And all her wishes have finally come true.
And her heart is weeping.
This happiness is killing her.


The crowd picked up the lyrics for the chorus. Leigh was amazed at how well everyone knew the words and as she listened and tapped her foot along to the music, she realized something. HIM wasn't just some famous band in Finland.

They were famous in the US as well.

This scene proved it.

Fuck my shift.

Spinning around on the stool, Leigh faced the bartender with a desperate look. “Give me a shot.”

“Of?” The young bartender asked with a worried look.

“The hardest thing you have.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Updates will probably be slower on this story because I have a bigger one, "Anything but Ordinary", currently in the 100's chapter-wise. I am attempting to finish that up, but this is a little side story for all of the Ville Valo fans out there!