Forgetting Jacob Black

Preface

My favourite stories were always about true love, about two people who fall madly in love that they would die for the other if they needed too, it was the type of love that I wanted. So in my senior year, when I meet him I finally thought that it would happen to me. I didn’t know what was happening, one minute I was happy with my life, the next my every waking thought was about Jacob Black and my heart was breaking because I knew he didn’t want me. I became apart of the ‘imprint’ gang, the females that had been imprinted on and were there for the guys when they needed them. As I was ‘one of them’ Emily and Kim included me in everything they did, and this meant that most of the time I was around Jacob, though he was always crude towards me when he did acknowledge I was there. I knew Emily and Kim were trying to get us to become an item but his own pig-headiness would always get in the way.

This was how we were for my senior year, though the school was the only place that I was able to have peace, Jacob was a year younger than me but he rarely turned up to the school after his change. My life was slowly becoming a living hell, the entire saga with Jacob was dragging me down – he didn’t want me but I couldn’t be with anyone else either. I had to get away from La Push, I needed to get my life back so I had started to apply to colleges. I wanted to become a nurse, like my mother and put all my effort in getting into a program.

By the time August came around, I had a place in the Washington University in Seattle for a nursing degree, I couldn't wait, I was close enough to my mother but far enough away to move out. Though I loved La Push, and many of the people, I needed to get away and begin a new life without the hassle of Jacob Black. I was grateful my mother knew nothing of the werewolves, because I knew she would try to make me stay. I guess you could say I had finally accepted that I would never be with Jacob Black, it didn't matter if I was his imprint or not. I was just going to have accept it and move on, no matter how hard it was.

I threw myself into finding a small flat in Seattle and gathering everything I needed to have for mu course that I didn’t pay attention to anything that was going on around me, so the day I bumped into Kim in the local supermarket, it was Bella's wedding. Kim had told texted me the day after the invites were sent out, telling me about Jacob. Apparently he went crazy when he received the invited, phasing and running off into the forest and hadn't been seen since. I couldn't help thinking to myself that he would never act like that if I was the one getting married, even with the imprint. Trying to forget the whole Bella and Jacob situation, I turned towards MY future. I came to believe that I deserved some happiness, instead of waiting for my 'prince charming to come find me'

August turned into September and Kim had all but stopped talking to me, it was only by chance that I saw her on the street one day when I was loading the car as I started to move into my flat. She seemed shifty, so I didn't ask about any 'pack business' instead I told her about me. She seemed surprised to find out I was moving way, but she didn’t bother asking where I was going, she promised she would keep in touch and wished me luck before she went on her way.

Time went by and life continued. The first few month away from La Push were the hardest, I almost packed it all in and returned home but after an emotional hour long phone call to my mother, I decided to stay and put everything behind me. That was when I met Dylan, a charming man who was studying to become lawyer. He wasn't Jacob - everything about him was different, but he was a distraction and he made me feel loved. Slowly I thought less of Jacob, and life went on. By the time Spring Break came, I was finally settled in and was content with how everything was going.

If only it could stay that way.