Uncharted Territory

and to hold

When our plane landed on one of the Bahamas’ many islands, I nearly gasped as I took in the scenery around me. Natalie would have been a lucky girl to be there in the warm sun and surrounded by palm trees twice the size of the ones back home, while colorful birds flew over us. Josh had only a small smile on his face as he looked around before he guided me into the taxi that would take us to the resort.

Much like with the wedding, it was obvious that Josh had spared no expense when it came to the honeymoon. The room alone must have cost a small fortune, not to mention the many amenities that came with it.

The first thing that I noticed when we walked into the room was that it was clearly a honeymoon suite – meaning it only had one lonely bed, which would have been perfect for a newlywed couple. I had two choices to make at that point: submit and let Josh have the only bed or be the same stubborn person I had always been. I quickly decided on the latter.

Turning to Josh, I smiled at him while I raised my eyebrows. “I call the bed.”

Josh chuckled, smiling back his perfect grin that I had missed so much. “I guess I get the sofa then.”

“Guess so,” I replied quickly as I moved to the bed and sat my suitcase on it. Since we were only staying for a few days, unpacking was easy and quick, and I was ready to get going in just a few moments. I turned to Josh who was still finagling with his things. “What now?”

“You’re eager, aren’t you?” Josh laughed as he pulled his navy blue trunks from his bag. “Beach?”

I nodded my head quickly before pulling my lime green bikini out of the dresser and walking towards the bathroom. The bathroom was just as nice as the rest of the room with its large Jacuzzi sized tub and full length mirror. After slipping on my suite, I stepped back outside and found that Josh had taken it upon himself to change right there. He was lucky he was done by the time I walked out.

He turned around at the sound of the door opening, and I let out a choked cough at the sight of him shirtless. It was an even more awe-inspiring sight in the daylight than it had been the night before. I only barely noticed him staring at me before he cleared his throat.

“Ready then?”

I nodded and the two of us grabbed towels as we made the short walk down to the beach behind our resort. The ocean was the bluest and clearest I had ever seen it, I wasn’t sure I’d be able to swim in the beaches in Cali ever again.

We stopped a few feet from where the water met the sand and Josh laid his towel done on the soft ground. After straightening it out to the best of his ability, he turned to look at me and I only just realized I had been watching him. I quickly covered it up by leaning over and laying my towel out just as he had done, trying to remove as many wrinkles as I could.

I flicked my eyes back towards him and caught him looking at me just as I had done to him. There was always the chance that my ass was hanging out of my swimsuit or my top was coming undone, but I hoped he would warn me if that was the case.

“Just because you got dumped doesn’t mean you can ogle me the whole time we’re down here,” I joked as I finished flattening my towel and lay down against it.

Josh laughed beside me and it was so good to hear him laughing again. “I told you looked better in a bikini than Daniel would. I thought that implied I’d be staring at you when I got you in one."

I smiled at him, laughing softly because he had always picked on me that way – even when we were little. “You know I’m not very good at picking up on context clues.”

Josh rolled his eyes, laughing again. “Clearly.”

We stayed out in the sun like that until I felt like I was going to roast or my skin was going to fall off, and I forced him back inside with me. We changed out of our swimsuits, and because it wouldn’t be a real vacation unless I was complaining about something, I turned to him with a smile.

“I’m hungry,” I said, resting my hands on my hips. “I think it’s time for you to feed me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh, Josh is a little flirty there, isn't he?
He's got that newly single swag. (;
I can't believe I just said that.

Thanks for reading!

♥ Katie ♥