Status: In Progress

From Me to You

Chapter 3

It was now a week later and Warped Tour was just around the corner, we leave today and start performing in two. Things have been going by so fast, we all quit the jobs we had so that we could do this, our musical career was way more important to us. Plus the money we make off of Warped should help us pay for our houses, or rather our new place.

We all decided that it would be cheaper, and easier if we just moved into a house together, instead of living in four separate apartments. So as soon as we are done with Warped we will be moving into a large-ish house that we can afford. We figured it would be fun to live with each other anyway.

I just finished packing up my new, large, black suitcase. I picked it up at the nearby Target, on my way home from work the other day, I knew I didn’t have a suitcase big enough to pack for four months. Actually I picked up two of them. I filled the other one the other day though, so now I was officially ready to go. I probably was the first one to finish though, everyone else takes forever to pack, mainly because they are all procrastinators with everything. That is probably another reason why I was chosen to be the ‘leader’’. And I was the first one getting picked up by our tour bus.

I hear a beep outside and realize its time to go. I grab my couple suitcases and head out of my apartment and walk outside. I look ahead of me at the bus sitting next to the curb, how they parked that thing I will never know. It was massive. Well, probably not as big as other bands busses but for us, it was pretty big. I walked up to the entrance and walked in. When I get to the top of the stairs I see a guy sitting in the drivers seat that I don’t recognize.

“Hi! I am Reed, the singer for From Me to You.” I set down a suitcase and hold out my hand.

He took it and shook, “Sup Reed, the names Grant, I am your bus driver for this tour.”

“Well thank you for driving!” I finished up the conversation and headed back to the living area of the bus, I walk through a small room with two couches built into the walls, then back a little farther through a door were six bunks. I went straight to back left bottom bunk. I hate being high up, so the top one wouldn’t work, and I wanted to be as far away from the noise as possible, so back I go!

I walk back out to see Price stepping onto the bus, “Yo Grant, you are good to go! Let’s get the others.”

“Hey Price!” I wave to him as he turns to go sit down on the couch. It was nice to see him not wearing a suit, he looked like a pretty cool guy in a normal outfit. He was wearing a v-neck shirt that showed off a rose tattoo on his chest, and then I looked at his arms, he had sleeves, the left arm was what looked to be a space collage and the right arm had some sort of collage of mechanical parts, sort of like a robot. He had a skull on his left calf too. He was wearing shorts so I could see the full thing. Damn, he was tatted up. He looked so different with a suit and tie. “Nice tats! I didn’t realize you had so many!”

“Yo man! Whats up? And thanks, I gotta keep ‘em covered when I’m in the office, company policies and shit.”

I feel the bus jump as we begin to move.

“This bus is pretty cool! It is so big!”

“Trust me dude, this bus is gonna seem so fucking cramped after a couple of weeks sharing it, its nice though, I guess you guys don’t really know much about touring then?”

I shrugged, “I mean we ‘toured’ around the surrounding states to get our music out there. We saved up and stayed at really cheap hotels though through that, so no bus.”

“Well, tour life is fun, but it also can get really old really fast, being cramped up with everyone for long periods can cause a lot of tension, sadly fights seem to happen a lot.”

“Well I guess we just gotta set boundaries and stuff then to keep the fights to a minimum.”

“You can try man, you can try. I actually encourage you to try, I hate when band members fight, mainly because I am in charge of breaking it up and I usually end up getting some sort of injury.”

“Watch out for Drea, she will kill you.”

“Good to know!”

**

The bus stopped for the last time and Teddy walked on, now we were all here, and we could get on the road to the east coast. It is going to take ages but we cannot do planes...mainly because I am actually deathly afraid of them, but I am putting a couple hundred bucks towards gas money so the record company doesn’t have to pay for a lot of it. I feel bad but I don’t know if I will ever get over my fear of flying. The last time I was on a plane I ended up having to go to the hospital because I scratched my arms so bad that they started bleeding, I didn’t really notice though because I was having a panic attack. So I just kept scratching...oops. So yeah, they just scare me.

Thankfully Price was explained that by my bandmates and they canceled the plane tickets, I still feel bad though.

**

We were now on the way to the first location, I don’t think any of us have ever been to the east coast so we were all excited! It was a really long drive though. I was starting to realize how cramped it was going to be. I went on twitter to get my mind off of things.

@FromMetoReed: On our way to the first location of @VansWarpedTour so excited to meet other bands and perform for our fans! :)

@AlexAllTimeLow: @FromMetoReed we gotta chill when we get there! I want to meet you and your mates, you guys seem pretty fucking rad!!

@AlexAllTimelow: @FromMetoReed oh and @JackAllTimeLow says hi

@FromMeToReed: @AlexAllTimeLow Sounds like a plan! You guys on your way now? And Hi Jack!

@AlexAllTimeLow: @FromMetoReed, nah we leave tonight, we get there tomorrow at like noonish

I blinked as I heard my phone make a little beep, I checked my twitter notifications...I had a direct message, from...Alex.

-AlexAllTimeLow-
Yo Reed, as much as I like spamming my followers I think we should just text haha, <insertphonenumberhere> send me a message!

I just got Alex Gaskarths number. This is amazing. I quickly copy the number onto my clipboard and then create a new contact for him.

I open up imessage and send him a quick text!

REED: Hey Alex! It’s Reed!

ALEX: Sup man? Also what’s your last name, gotta add you too my phone

REED: Varry, Reed Varry. Boring I know :P

ALEX: Nah, its pretty chill! So are you guys on your way to Warped now?

REED: Yeah we are haha

ALEX: It’s a little early to leave isn’t it? Won’t you get there like mad early

REED: Well, we are taking a road trip there rather than flying sooooo no

ALEX: Why aren’t you flying?? Its a long ass drive

REED: uhhh. I sort of get panic attacks on planes, like to the point where I was put in a hospital the last time I rode in one…:(

ALEX: oh dude! that blows, sorry to hear that!! So are you excited to jam out at Warped?

REED: Totally! This probably will be the biggest crowd I have ever played so like, I am pumped, really nervous, but pumped!!!

“Who are you texting? You have been staring at your phone for like, ever.” Drea looked at me intently, shes right, I was really into the conversation, I wanted to keep talking to him.

“uh...Alex Gaskarth?”

“You already got his number?? Jesus man! Get ‘dat ass!” She laughed at me.

“Who’s getting ass? And am I invited?” Price now sat down across from me and Drea. The others were sleeping right now, so we all fit out here.

“Reeds gettin some All Time Low ass!”

“Am not! I am just making friends!”

“Don’t friendzone yourself dude! Everyone knows how big of a crush you have on Alex, make a move!”

“Oh, Alex Gaskarth huh? Only met him like once, hes pretty cool, not my type though.”

“Like I said, just making friends guys. End of conversation.” Well, I want to be more than friends but we literally just started talking its kind of weird to start hitting on him.

ALEX: You will be fine man! So have you started talking to any other people on Warped?

REED: Besides you, no. You are the only one that has like, contacted me haha

ALEX: Aww, lucky me! I get you all to myself! ;)

REED: Glad someone likes me haha, hopefully the other bands will enjoy me as well!

ALEX: I’m sure you will have a lot of new friends in no time! I will introduce you to people!

REED: That would be amazing, thanks for being cool! haha, I didn’t expect someone to be this nice already, especially not like, my idol. Is that weird? that your like my idol haha

ALEX: Not at all man, glad that I can talk to you though!

REED: So much has happened in like a week, its kind of crazy, we got signed and now I am talking to literally the person that I looked up to for most of my life, I mean even though you are only like a couple years older.

ALEX: This life is rollercoaster man, just keep on riding!

ALEX: Hey Reed!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALEX: how are youuuu

REED: Good?

ALEX: That was Jack, sorry, he stole my phone

REED: lol!

The phone conversation lasted a while, until I passed out really. It kept me occupied for a long time which was good, this bus ride was getting to be really boring, thankfully I now have a texting buddy to keep me busy. The last I heard from Alex was that he was getting ready to leave for his flight.

**

The bus stopped, we were here, we finally arrived. Thank goodness, I need to get out of this bus. We pulled up to where the rest of the busses were parked and parked in what looked to be our spot, it was set up pretty cool, we were like, in a giant square of busses. Anyway, we parked and I being the only one awake stepped outside.

It felt so good to just stand and feel the summer breeze hit me. Fresh air was always the best. Although my relaxing moment halted when I heard his voice.

“Reed!” I looked ahead of me to see the one and only Alex Gaskarth walking towards me. My heart started beating twice as fast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey sorry for the random change with the indents, Mibba likes to sometimes screw up formatting, and it did it on the last two chapters. Hopefully it wont from here on out.

Finally some interaction! Comment and let me know what you think guys! Thank you for subscribing if you did, and thanks for the one rec that I got :)

Next chapter will be up tomorrow!

-Stephen