Status: In Progress

From Me to You

Chapter 6

I woke up to casual talking, I pressed down the home button on my iphone and it lit up. It was ten at night, why would anyone be over here for a casual talk. I listened closer...it was Alex. He was back over again.

Footsteps were approaching the bunk, I could hear them now. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep again.

“He isn’t awake yet it seems. He sounded like he was going to sleep until soundcheck tomorrow. He was honestly worried to death that you hated him. I told him you didn’t but I don’t know what was going through his mind.” Teddy really needed to learn to shut up. I love the kid to death but I can’t deal with his blabbering mouth.

“I hope he knows I don’t hate him, I just was shocked is all. Hope the kids okay though, I haven’t been able to focus all night long.”

“He will be fine I think, he just needs a little time, he is really insecure about his whole anxiety problem.” Fuck you Teddy. That definitely needs to be common knowledge, obviously.

“Would it be okay if I stayed back here for a little while, until he wakes up, I just am worried.”

“Sounds okay to me, just don’t worry yourself to death, he will be okay bro.”

I heard Teddy walk away, and I think Alex took a seat on the edge of my bunk. It wasn’t but twenty minutes before I spoke. I couldn’t wait any longer.

“I’m sorry Alex...I didn’t mean to worry you.”

I opened my eyes to him just staring at me, I sat up.

“Reed, please don’t just run away again, that was scary for me, I hate seeing people get upset and just run away. Next time just let me help.”

“It’s hard Alex, I don’t have friends that I let get close. I have Teddy, that’s it, he is the closest person I have.”

“Well now you have me.” He put his hand on my shoulder.

“It isn’t that easy Alex. I don’t really have that great sense of trust anymore, that is long gone.” Ever since high school, that was the worst time of my life.

“At least try Reed, for me?” He could tell I was uncomfortable so why did he keep pushing.

“I don’t know if that will ever happen Alex, but if it will get you to be quiet and leave it alone than fine.”

“Yay!” He pulled me into a very tight hug.

“Let me go!” His arms would not release though, it was a warm embrace. It was nice, a little uncomfortable though. I didn’t really hug anyone besides Teddy, it was sad, but it just didn’t feel right anymore. Alex felt somewhat bearable though.

He laughed and let go, he sat and smiled at me, “I am really glad you and I are friends. It makes me feel good to be there for someone else. Especially since I know how hard it can be.”

“I mean, you have all your fans, you help them daily. I would know, your song “Too Much” was my rock for the longest time.”

Alex’s smile was so contagious, the more I looked the more I couldn’t resist smiling back.

“Do you wanna do something?” He asked me out of nowhere.

“It’s like almost eleven Alex, what is there to do?”

“Drink.” Well that was blunt.

“I mean okay.”

“You do drink right?” He tilted his head and gave a toothy grin.

“Occasionally, not really often though...I mean I guess I can drink, it doesn’t really sound bad.”

“It’s not like I am forcing you Reed, it was just a suggestion, you are like what twenty two, you can make your own decisions.

“I know, but, yeah lets do it, I wanna.”

He stood up, “Cool! Let us go on my bus.” He started towards the front.

I got up and followed him, I got a couple weird looks from my bandmates when I got to the front of the bus, I guess they were worried about me, I did look pretty terrible when I got back.

“Hey guys, I am gonna go have some drinks on the All Time Low bus.” Drea’s eyes widened.

“Holy crap Reed! You? Drinking, with other people? What has Alex done to you!?” She laughed, I shrugged, “Well its for the better I think, have a rad time!”

“Do any of you wanna come?” Alex spoke up from near the door. “‘Cause you can.”

Drea declined and Drew was asleep, but Teddy actually agreed, “Sure! Sounds like fun!” I wonder if he just wanted to keep track of me. Who knows. He got up and grabbed a jacket from a hanger, “Let’s go!” I wonder if he was stressed out because of me or something.

We got out and started walking towards Alex’s bus, I grabbed onto Teddy and snuggled into him as we walked, it was cold, and he was warm. Plus his stubble felt good. He put his arm around me and pulled me in. I blinked and for a second I could’ve sworn I saw Alex staring.

I guess if you didn’t know us we sort of looked like a couple. I wonder if Alex was jealous. I doubt it though, I am pretty sure he isn’t into me, he is just a really caring person.

We got to their bus and followed Alex up the stairs. It was just Jack out in the sitting area, he waved and greeted us, I guess Zack and Rian were asleep. Alex went over and sat next to Jack who was just getting started with some alcohol. I sat with Teddy on the couch across from them.

Their bus was a lot bigger than ours was, but that wasn’t surprising.

“So what do you guys wanna do first, shots?”

I smiled and we all agreed, here goes nothing. I took the first shot, this was gonna be a good night I think.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Chapter! :)