Status: In Progress

From Me to You

Chapter 7

It was a couple hours later and I don’t actually know what time it is, probably really late...or I guess early the next morning. Whatever, all I know is that Teddy is really comfortable as a pillow at this very moment. I stared across the gap of the couches at Alex. He was saying something but I wasn’t really paying attention to his words, I was more focused on his beautiful eyes, and his perfectly styled hair, it was messy, but just messy enough to be styled. His lips were sort of mesmerizing I guess too, the more I looked the more I didn’t want to look away. I could swear he was saying something important but I don’t really know anything that is going on anymore. The hangover would be killer tomorrow, I only have ever had a hangover twice before, and they both sucked, I probably should have thought about that before I drank the night before our first show of the tour.

“Reed!” What? Someone was calling my name? “Reed! Pay attention! Do you even hear me?” Who? I turned and realized it was Teddy.

“What?” I leaned upwards and fell over the other way right down on the couch.

“Reed, we gotta go, it’s time to go back to our bus and sleep.”

“Oh, okay.” I stood up, very shakily, but I stood up. I started making my way over to Alex and Jack’s couch to say goodbye.

“Bye Jack!” I leaned down to hug him goodbye, I was definitely drunk, I don’t hug people goodbye, but who cares. Not Me.

“Bye Reed!” He hugged back and then I got up and walked a little to the left to Alex.

“Bye Alex, thanks for everything tonight.” I leaned in to hug him but sort of fell onto him. I was hugging him while laying on him.

“It’s no problem Reed, you get really lovey dovey when you're wasted though man, you like never hug people but now you're practically making love to me right now.”

I flushed red and tried to quickly get up, I ended up sitting down on the floor though, “Teeeeeeddddy?” I whined and leaned backwards and looked up at him, “I need help to get home...I mean our bus, not our house, that is a little too far of a walk from here I think. It’s like all the way across the world. Sorta.”

Alex chuckled, “I like it when your drunk, you are entertaining.”

“I like you all the time, you’re pretty hot.” I said back without even thinking. I would probably regret saying that at a later time, but right now it didn’t really matter to me, it was just what I was thinking.

“Alright, I think its time to go Ree.” Teddy pulled me up and we headed towards the door.

Alex looked a little shocked but he was too drunk to respond, we waved and left the bus, it was a long walk to get back to our bus, mainly because I kept tripping over myself.

“It’s coooold Teddy!” I whined on the way back.

“Not really man, its almost seventy degrees right now.” He laughed at me, I don’t think he was too drunk, just a little tipsy.

“Oh.” And with that we walked in silence, once I got back into my bus I went over to the couch and fell straight onto it, I probably should’ve gone back to my bed but that was such a long walk. And the couch was right there.

**

It was the next morning and I felt like shit, thats the simplest way to put it. It was eleven AM and I have soundcheck in two hours. Drinking last night was a dumb idea, I feel like something bad happened but I can’t be bothered to remember right now. I just need to get rid of this hangover and fast.

I stood up from the couch, clearly dizzy I held onto the edge of a couple things to get myself to the kitchen area of the bus, I opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle, I took a couple sips before heading back to the bathroom. I was not ready to see myself yet. I looked up into the glass to see my hair going every which way, as expected though. I probably should take a shower.

To the left was the really small shower, I hated showering in the bus, it kind of sucked. There was no room to do anything, I couldn’t sing because I would wake people up. It was just too cramped in this bus actually. Price was right about it being kind of terrible.

The water felt good against my skin, I closed my eyes and looked up into the stream of droplets. I slowly washed myself down until I felt acceptably clean. I got out and dried myself off. I felt dizzy after pulling the towel off of my hair. And I thought that the hangover wasn’t that bad anymore. It all hit me at once and I moved as fast as I could to the toilet.

There it all goes, this was the worst part of the hangover, but the good part was I know I’ll feel better after this. I hated throwing up though, it was especially bad when only liquid comes up. It is kind of really nasty. I sat there for a couple minutes, after that I brushed my teeth, vomit was the worst tasting shit.

After getting done with my hair and other bathroom necesities I changed into a clean pair of bleached blue skinny jeans and a black top with a skull on it. How original.

I walked out into the living room of the bus to see the rest of the band basically ready to go. I still felt kind of crappy so I took some advil for my headache.

Drea was the first one to speak up, “So did you have a good time last night Reedy?” She grinned like a really happy baby.

“It was enjoyable...well, from what I can remember at least, I drank a lot.”

This time Teddy spoke up, “No fucking kidding dude. You drank so much.”

“I mean, I guess I don’t really know when to stop, I don’t drink often, you know that.”

“I hope you know you said some things last night that I don’t think you would’ve wanted to say if you were sober.”

I shook my head and looked down, I knew something about last night had to have sucked, “Ugh, what did I say?”

“Well I mean, you flirted with Alex, like, directly.”

My eyes widened, “Fuck.”

“I mean, not gonna lie, it was pretty fuckin cool, you were so confident when you said it, I never would’ve expected it to come out of your mouth. I took you home right after you said it though, mainly because one, I didn’t know if you were thinking straight, and two, I didn’t want to have to break up sex.”

“Teddy!! That would’ve never happened! Oh god what the hell did I say?”

“Guys! You need to go to soundcheck now!” We heard Price yell from the door, “And now means now! Come on!”

“I’ll tell you later Reed. Right now lets focus on our first performance of the summer, we gotta make it rad.”

“Yeah, I guess.”

We all walked to sound check together in silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next Chapter :D

-Stephen