Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 19

"What is it you need to tell me Brian?" She asked.

"The truth." He said.

"The truth about what?" She asked confused.

"Everything." He said.

"You're confusing me." She said coming over to him.

He took a deep breath.

"Katrina you remember how Stewart told you out of nowhere he had a business trip this weekend?" He asked. "And how he said he would be gone for weeks?"

"Yes I do." She said nodding. "What does that have to do with anything?"

"Because that trip didn't come out the blue." Brian said. "He planned that trip so you would be alone."

"So I could be alone?" She asked.

"So you could be alone with me all through the weekend." He said.

"I'm not understanding." She said.

"Katrina, your husband offered me a thousand dollars and a record deal if I seduced you." He said. "He wanted to see if you were unfaithful so he hired me to see if you gave in to temptation."

He looked at her face.

Katrina gasp softly her eyes started to water. The tears started falling she wiped her eyes then looked at him.

"Katrina I'm so sorry." He said.

She looked at him. The silence was broken by a loud slap across Brians face. He touched his cheek feeling the heated skin.

"You bastard." Katrina said as fresh tears fell down. "You fucking bastard."

"Katrina please hear me out." He said reaching for her.

She snatched her arm from his reach. "Everything was a goddamned lie!" "It was all part of a deal you made."

"It started out like that." Brian said. "But I didn't care about the money anymore cause I've fallen for you."

She looked at him tearfully. "It's all lies."

"My feelings for you are not a lie Katrina." He said.

"Why do you make that deal with him?!" She yelled.

"Cause I was desperate and I had struggled to get signed for the longest time." He said. "I didn't want to do it at first till he offered me the money and the record deal."

Katrina looked at him in disbelief.

"I gave myself to you." She whispered. "And it all turned out to be a fraud like you." "I thought you were a good person but it turned out to be a big lie."

"Katrina...

"Get out of my house!" She yelled.

Brian sighed he gave Katrina longing look. As he stepped out the house her sobs echoed in his ears.

He walked to house as he entered his house. He slid down closing the door. He buried his face in his hands as he started sobbing.

He could faintly hear a familiar jingle sound and the patter of feet. Then something licked his hand.

Brian looked down through his tears he could see Pinkly. She jumped into his lap licking his tears. Brian held her close hugging her and petting her.

"I've really fucked up Pinkly." He said.

Katrina managed to pull herself together. She got up hiccuping and made her way upstairs and to the bathroom.

She ran a hot bath. She wanted to wash away all the traces of him. She scrubbed furiously at her body till the skin started peeling off.

The tears started falling again. She wiped them away got out the tub. Walking to her bedroom she grabbed a can of air freshener.

Walking in she sprayed the room till it was half empty. She got dressed then did her hair in a messy bun. She looked at the bed remembering this was the place they had made love just last night.

Pulling on some gloves she pulled the sheets off. She sprayed down the mattress before turning it over to the other side. Then she made the bed.

She walked down to the laudrey room putting them in the washer and poured loads of soap on them.

As she went to the living room with a bucket of soapy water. Her stomach lurched as she remembered this is where they made love a half hour ago.

She got on her knees covering her nose trying to block the smell of his cologne. It invited her nose anyway. She sobbed as she continued to scrub the carpet.

After she finished she dumped the water. She sat at the table thinking about all the events.

How could he did this to me? She thought.

I thought I really meant something to him but I was wrong as always.

She covered her eyes as the tears came back.

As she sat there she thought about what Brian had said. Stewart had purposefully made up that trip. On top of that he hired Brian to seduce her to see if she was unfaithful.

Why would he do that? She thought.

Unless...

She got up heading for the stairs. Getting to the top she walked to the end of the hallway that lead to Stewarts office.

Lucky for her it wasn't locked. Entering she turned on the light looking around. She walked to the desk in the middle. She tried to open the first drawer. It was locked.

She looked around seeing a letter opened. Remembering something she had seen on television. She grabbed the letter opener and started twisting and wiggling the lock.

After a while the sound of a click was heard. She yelled in victory.

Opening the drawer she sat down looking through the papers and folders. She found nothing. She moved on to the side drawers.

She went through all of them finding nothing. However when she got to the last drawer she found a big black binder. She grabbed it and opened it.

She gasped at its contents.

Bills for porn sites, ads for local escort and phone sex services. Pictures of naked women. And phone numbers for mutiple women she didn't know.

Katrina slowly closed the binder feeling sick.

The sick bastard has been cheating on me the whole time! Then he has the nerve to accuse me of cheating.

She sat there disgusted.

His "business" trip is probably him meeting one of his many whores.

As she thought about it she realized something.

Brian was right all along.

She was still mad at him but some of that anger drained away when she realized he had been looking out for her. He didn't want her to get hurt by Stewart.

He kept telling her the signs, that she deserved better, and was the one that convinced her to divorce Stewart.

He wouldn't have done those things unless his feelings were genuine.

"He really does care." She whispered.

Brian stood in his kitchen drinking a beer. And feeling sorry for himself.

It's all my fault. He kept telling himself. If I hadn't agreed to the deal things wouldn't have come to this.

He finished his beer as he got up to get another. The doorbell rang.

He wasn't expecting visitors. It started to ring frantically. He decked to see who the hell it was and what they wanted.

Without looking through the peephole. He opened the door and saw someone he didn't expect.

"Katrina?" He whispered.