Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 21

Pulling apart they stared at each other for the longest time in silence. But it was comfortable sanctuary like silence.

Eventually Katrina broke the silence.

"Brian can I stay here overnight?" She asked.

He smiled. "Of course you can."

"I'll have to go pack some things then." She said heading for the door with him behind her.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asked.

"I think I'll be okay." She said. "I'll only be over there for a few minutes."

Brian was uneasy about Katrina being in that house alone for some reason. But he eventually nodded.

Slowly reluctantly letting go of her hand. He watched her as she walked down the path and crossed the street.

She got to the door opening it and turned to give him an okay wave.

He managed to return it and watched as she disappeared into the house.

Brian stayed there looking at the house waiting for Katrina to reappear.

Katrina walked up the stairs going to her room.

Entering she went to her closet grabbing a suitcase and began packing some things.

She packed a couple of panties, shorts, two shirts, her toothbrush and toothpaste. As she continued packing the phone rang.

She glanced up having a feeling who it was. Walking over the ID confirmed her suscispions. She thought about not answering but she wanted to get this over with.

To let Stewart know they were done and she was done with his bullshit.

"What the hell do you want?" She asked answering it.

"That's not very nice Katrina." He said. "Why so angry?"

"You know damn well why you bastard." She said.

"Now we're name calling?" He asked. "And what are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb you asshole!" She yelled. "Brian was right all along you cheated on me!"

"How for you find that out?" He asked genieuly surprised. "You couldn't have found that out unless...

He was silent for a bit before speaking.

"Did you go into my office?" He said with an edge.

"So what if I did?" She asked with a smirk.

"I told you not to go in there." He growled out.

"You're not the boss of me." She said. "And you don't have control or power over me anymore."

"Is that so?" He asked. "Where did the confidence come from?"

"From the guy you hired to seduce me to see if I was unfaithful." She said.

"He told you himself?" Stewart asked.

"Yes he did." She said.

"Then how come you're not mad?" He asked anger creeping inti his voice.

"Because the fact that he told me the truth says a lot about him." She said. "He's more of a man than you'll ever be in more ways than one."

"So he fucked you big whoop." He said.

"Oh it is cause it was the best fuck I've ever had." She said in a gloating tone.

Stewart was silent on the other end.

"What's wrong Stewart?" She asked mockingly. "Cat got your tongue?" "Or are you mad cause Brians better than you in everyway possible."

"You just wait when I get home." He growled in anger. "I'll fucked you so hard you won't be able to shit right."

"There's no gonna be a next time." She said. "Cause I'm divorcing and leaving your sorry ass for Brian."

"You're not leaving me." He said firmly. "I won't let you or give you the chance too."

"What are you gonna do about it?" She asked. "There's nothing you can do to stop me."

"Oh isn't there?" He asked. "You've forgotten I know people Katrina." "I can get someone to take care of you and Brian."

Katrina gasped in horror.

He was threatening hers and Brians life.

"Seems like I hit a nerve." He said smugly. "You're not leaving me."

Katrina snapped out her shock furious.

"I AM leaving you, you sick bastard!" She yelled angrily. "Go ahead and send someone to kill me." "It's a hell of a lot better than being married to a paranoid cheating son of a bitch like you!"

With this said she hung up before he could reply.

Katrina finished packing shaking slightly. And remembering his threat.

I can get someone to take care of you and Brian.

This echoed and replayed in her ears and mind.

Tears slowly came to her eyes. She sat down with her head in her hands.

She was crying so hard she didn't hear the front door opening and someone walking up the stairs.

"Katrina?"

She looked up to see Brian looking at her worried. He walked over taking her into his arms.

"I was worried about you cause you were taking so long." He said. "What's wrong?"

She sniffled. "He just called Brian and he threatened to kill both of us."

"Sick bastard!" He yelled. "Did he say anything else?"

"Nothing much except he kept saying I'm not leaving him." She said.

"God." He said hugging her and patting her back in an attempt to comfort her.

"I'm scared Brian." She whispered.

"I'm here don't be." He said pulling back and wiping her tears away.

"What are we gonna do?" She asked.

"We're gonna go away for a while." He said getting up.

"Go away?" She asked confused. "Where?"

"To my hometown Huntington Beach." He said. "I own a condo there we can stay at."

"Brian I don't know." She said. "What if he tracks us down or hires someone to follow us?"

"Which is even more reason to go." He said. "Plus my best friend Matt has been in lots of fights during school he can help. "Also another friend of mine Zacky is the chief of police there."

"He can help us?" She asked.

Brian nodded. "He'll have his men keep a close eye on the condo and the entire time we're in Huntingon."

She looked down still unsure about it. She was scared to death of Stewart.

Then she thought about it. It would be nice to get out of town and go to where Briam was raised.

She finally got up kissing him. He returned it eagerly.

Pulling away she smiled. "Let's start packing."