Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 22

"Okay that's the last bag." Brian said slamming the trunk down.

Katrina stood nearby with a tense expression.

"Katrina you okay?" He asked walking over and taking her into his arms.

"No I'm not." She said. "I'm worried and scared as hell Brian."

"Don't be." He said. "I know it's hard not to be but don't be afraid."

"What if he finds or hires someone to follow us?" She asked as they walked into his house.

"Will deal with that when it happens." He said. "I know you're scared but you can't worry about it."

She sighed. "You're right." "He's had power over me for so long and he still does even when he's not here."

Brian cupped her cheek. "You're strong Katrina." "You may not think you are but you are."

She looked into his eyes as he continued.

"You've already taken the first steps to let him know that you've had enough." He said. "By divorcing and telling him off you've shown him he can't control you anymore."

"I never thought of it like that." She said with a small smile.

He smiled. "It's all true."

She laughed softly and leaned against him her head on his chest.

"You're such an amazing person." She whispered:

He chuckled. "So I've been told."

She laughed pulling away.

"How do you feel about tacos for dinner?" He asked.

"Sounds good to me." She said.

He smiled grabbing her hand and leading her into the kitchen.

"Brian these are amazing." She said finishing her third one.

He chuckled. "Most be cause you're stuffing yourself like a turkey."

She laughed. "Can't help it I've never tasted tacos this good." "Where you learn to cook like this."

"Mainly through cooking channels and my uncle owns a restaurant back in Huntington." He said.

"Can we go there when we get to Huntington?" She asked.

He chuckled. "Of course we can."

After eating they went to the living room. Brian got up from the couch.

"Wait here." He said. "There's something I want to give you."

He disappeared upstairs. He came back down with his guitar and a small black box.

Sitting down he turned to face Katrina holding the box. Her mouth gaped open.

"Don't worry." He said with a smile. "It's not a wedding ring just something I wanted to give you."

He opened it inside was a pendant of a Phoenix. Katrina gasped softly reaching out to touch it.

"It's beautfiul." She whispered.

"Let me put it on you." He said taking it out.

She turned around lifting her hair. He settled it on her chest before clipping it.

She turned around holding the pendant. It was a bronze colored Phoenix with garnets for the eyes.

"I got you it cause I thought it represent you real well." He said. "You've ever heard the story of the Phoenix?"

"No." She said with a blush.

He chuckled. "Well the story is when it's time for Phoenixs to die they burst into flames then they're reborn from the ashes." "You're being reborn in a way after sadness."

Katrina lauched forward kissing him passionately. He returned it eagerly. Then pulled away chuckling.

"Slow down Katrina." He said. "I haven't even given you your other present." He said grabbing his guitar.

"You're gonna song for me?" She asked.

"Sing a song I wrote for you." He said strumming his guitar.

"I give you my destiny."
"I'm giving you all of me."
"I want your symphony."
"Singing in all that I am at the top of my lungs."
"I'm giving it back."
"So I lay my head down."
"And I lift my hands and pray to be only yours."
"I pray to be only yours."
"I know now you're my only hope."
"My only hope."

Katrina listened as he continued. Tears sprang to her eyes at the lyrics and the fact Brian wrote it for her.

How much had happened all the bad it was still unreal to her that she was here with Brian.

He got done signing the song.

"Katrina?" He asked worried.

She threw her arms around him crying. He hugged her back tightly.

"It's so beautiful." She said. "Thank you for the song and the pendant."

"You mean so much to me." He said pulling back and wiping her tears away.

"Know this Katrina." He said. "No matter what happens to me or us I love you."

"I love you too Brian." She said kissing him.

He picked her up walking upstairs still kissing.

Katrina woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast. Grabbing a robe she walked down to find Brian already dressed and ready to go.

"Morning." She said with a smile.

"Morning to you too." He said kissing her and placing a plate down in front of her. "Eat up I want to get started early."

She nodded and began eating. After eating she showered and got dressed.

Grabbing her purse she walked downstairs where Brian was waiting by the door.

"You ready?" He asked with a smile.

"As I'll ever be." She said as they exited the house.

After getting in, getting settled, and making sure they had everything. Brian pulled out and started driving to Huntington.

"They just left." A figure in a car said.

"Follw them wherever they're heading." Stewart said. "Then tell me."

"Okay boss." The guy said as he started to follow him. "You sure you don't want me to do it?"

"I'm sure." Stewart said. "I want to take care of both of them myself."
♠ ♠ ♠
Song:
Only Hope by Switchfoot