Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 23

"Pinkly I know you don't like it in there but you have to stay in." Brian said as the Maltese whined again from her dog bag.

"Maybe if I sit her in my lap she won't be so sad." Katrina said.

"Let's try that then." He said.

Katrina turned around grabbing Pinklys bag and setting it in her lap.

"Is that better Pinkly?" Katrina asked.

Pinkly barked and licked her hand through the bars.

She laughed. "How much longer Brian?" She asked.

"About thrity more minutes." He said.

"Okay." She said with a smile.

Pulling the handle which reclined the seat she dozed off.

"Katrina." Brian said softly. "Katrina." He said again shaking her.

Her eyes fluttered open she yawned before sitting up.

"We there yet?" She asked.

"Almost." He said. "Look."

She looked over seeing a Welcome to Huntington Beach sign.

"We're already here." She whispered.

He chuckled. "Yep we're just not at the condo yet." He said.

"Can we get some pictures?" She asked.

He grinned. "Okay."

They got on the car. Katrina stood beside the Welcome to Huntington Beach sign with a warm smile. Brian grinned and snapped a couple of shots.

"You want to be in the pictures too Pinkly?" Brian asked the dog who was barking.

He walked back to the car taking Pinkly out her cage. He set her down and she ran over to Katrina who picked her up.

"Two of my favorite girls here." He said taking some more pictures.

"Let's get you in them now." Katrina said.

"Okay." He said walking over.

They stood together and Brian angled the camera the best he could to get all of them in it. He finally snapped three pictures.

"You just had to make funny faces." Katrina said looking through them as they drove on.

She smacked him and he laughed.

"Got to have a funny one and an ugly pic in there somewhere." He said.

"This one is my fav." She said.

Brian glanced over seeing a pic of him and Katrina kissing.

He smiled. "It's mine too." He said squeezing her knee.

After a while they stopped at an Dennys for lunch. When they were done they continued to drive to their destination.

"I want to talk to my friend about this first." Brian said as they neared a police station. "Just to let him know what's going on."

"Okay." She said as he pulled in and parked in the parking lot.

Katrina unbuckled her seatbelt left Pinkly in the car and followed Brian into the police station.

They walked to the main desk where a woman was seated.

"Who are you here to see?" She asked.

"Officer Baker." Brian said.

"You can go ahead in he's not busy right now." She said.

"Thank you." Brian said with a smile leading Katrina through the station.

They walked past all the desks and the officers till they got to a big door. Brian knocked on it.

"Come in." A voice from within said.

"What's up Baker?" Brian asked as they entered.

"Haner is that you?" A man who was seated at a desk said.

"Looks like it." Brian said as Zacky walked over to hug him.

Katrina thought he looked kinda out of place in a police station. He had two full tattooed sleeves, snake bites, hair that fell in the face slightly. Zacky looked anything but a police officer.

"So what brings you back here?" Zacky said as they pulled apart.

"Had to get away from some things." Brian said. "That's actually why I'm here to see you."

"Oh really?" Zacky asked then noticed Katrina.

"I'm so sorry Miss...

"Katrina." She said. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Same here." He said. "Has this dumb fuck been treating you right?" He asked.

Brian smacked him as Katrina laughed.

"Yes he's been great and amazing." She said.

"Good cause I'll throw his ass in jail if he isn't." Zacky said.

Katrina laughed again.

"Zacky she's kinda the reason we had to get away." Brian said.

"Get away from what?" Zacky asked.

"Her crazy ass soon to be ex husband." He said.

"You're involved with a married woman?" He asked shocked.

"That's not the point." Brian said. "The point is her husband has been threatening her and me cause she's gonna divorce him."

"Do you have any evidence?" Zacky asked.

"Other than him saying shit." Brian said.

"I'm sorry Bri but we can't just go on spoken words." Zacky said.

"Can't you do something about him probably following us here?" Brian asked. "He had a guy spying on us and I won't put it pass him to hire someone to follow us."

Zacky sighed going to his desk. "We can't make an arrest on him or anybody else without strong evidence." "But I can keep some surveillance on y'all while y'all are here."

"Thanks Z." He said shaking his hand.

"You're welcome Bri." He said walking them to the door he eyed Katrina.

"We'll do everything we can to insure your safety." He said.

"Thank you." She said with a small smile.

They walked through the station exiting it and getting in the car.

Brian drove until they stopped at a large house.

"Who lives here Brian?" Katrina asked looking at the house.

"Another good friend of mine Matt." He said. "He's the one who gave me advice about me telling you the truth."

She smiled getting out. "Sounds like a nice guy."

He chuckled. "He is his stature kinda intimidates people when they first see and meet him."

"What do you mean by that?" She asked.

"You'll see." He said as they walked up to the front door.

He rang the doorbell. There was the sound of barking and the door was opened by a blonde woman.

"Brian how are you?" She asked hugging him.

"Good Val." He said hugging her back.

"It's nice to see you again." She said. "Who's this?" She asked with a smile.

"This is Katrina." He said.

"Nice to meet you." Katrina said shaking her hand.

"It's nice to meet you too I'm Valary." She said. "Matts wife."

"I wish you would've called Brian I would've fixed something especially since you have a guest with you." She said.

"Sorry Val." He said.

Her eyes light up. "I know y'all come in and I'll fix something right now." She didn't give them time to answer she ushered them in shutting the door.

Katrina marveled at the huge house.

"Your house is absolutely stunning Valary." She said.

"Thanks and you can call me Val." She said. "Y'all make yourselves at home." "Macho Man should be down in a minute."

As Valary disappeared into the kitchen Katrina heard loud footsteps from above. She looked up towards the stairs. A man appeared with a big dimpled grin.

"Gates what's up?" He asked jogging the rest of the way down.

"Nothing much." He said as they did a man shake and hugged.

Katrinas eyes bulged at Matt. He was a fairly big guy. He was muscular and looked almost six feet tall. His arms like his friends were covered in tattoos.

"Nice to see you again." Matt said.

"You to." Brian said.

"You must be Katrina." Matt said looking at her. "Brians told me so much about you."

"I know he told me." She said.

"Katrina we're gonna protect you with everything we got." He said. "Not just Brian and Zacky but all of us."

"Thanks but I really don't want to drag anymore people into my personal problems." She said.

"Don't you worry bout that." Valary said reappearing and walking over. "We want to help." "You're apart of our fucked up family now that you're with Brian." "And family is always there for each other and helps each other."

Katrina felt touched by these people who didn't even knew her wanted to help. Tears came to her eyes.

Valary came over hugging her and rubbing her back. "Don't you cry or worry about your husband." "He's not gonna get you."

"As long as we're here." Matt said placing a hand on her shoulder.

Then Brian came over kissing her lips. "I won't let anything or anyone hurt you."

She smiled looking at them. "Thank you all for this."

"You're welcome." Valary said, "Now lets eat!"

Everyone laughed and followed her into the kitchen.