Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 25

Katrina woke up the next morning still tired. She glanced at the balcony seeing the figure on it despite it was daylight. Her head was plagued by nightmare and bad dreams about it.

Is it possibly that Stewart knows where I am? She thought. And that he sent another one of his henchmen to get me?

She starting feeling angry. Damn coward! He has the nerve to chest on me he could've simply told me he didn't want me anymore. Then he has the nerve to send his men after me and Brian. Too cowardly to even come and face us himself.

She was brought out her thoughts by Brian entering with a tray of food.

"Morning." He said setting it on her lap and kissing her.

She returned the kiss. "Breakfast in bed?" She asked with a smile.

He grinned. "Yes and there's plenty more where that came from."

She sighed. "Yeah if there is anymore breakfasts for us."

"Katrina don't talk like that." He said pulling her into his arms. "Are you still thinking about the figure you saw last night?"

She broke down crying. "I can't help it Brian." "All last night it plagued my dreams, everytime I close my eyes I see it." "And I can't help but worry that he's found me."

"Even if it is him he's not gonna get you." Brian said. "Me, Zacky, Matt, Valary, and I'm sure Johnny even won't let him get you."

"I'm pulling too many people into my problems." She said. "Y'all are endangering y'all's lives for me." "I'm not worth it."

"Katrina look at me." He said.

She looked at him as he wiped her tears away.

"Don't you ever say you're not worth it." He said. "All these years that bastard has made you feel worthless and like nothing. "Not anymore he's mad cause he's doesn't have the power to make you feel like that anymore." "And you've finally told him no more." "You are worth it cause you deserve better and I love you."

Fresh tears came to her eyes at Brian words. "I love you too Brian." She whispered.

He pressed her lips against hers. She increased the kiss wrapping her arms around him and pulling him closer. He pulled away chuckling.

"If we continue this we'll never get to do what I have planned today." He said.

"What are we doing today?" She asked as she digged into her waffles.

"It's a surprise." He said with a grin and left the room.

After she was done eating and showering Brian came back in wearing a T shirt and some trunks.

"Do you have a bikini or swim suit?" He asked.

"Yes I do but why?" She asked.

"Cause we're going to the beach." He said.

"I've never been to the beach before." She said getting dressed in her bikini.

His eyes widen. "Seriously?"

She nodded.

"Well I'll make sure your first time there is spectacular." He said.

She grinned. "I'm sure you will."

After feeding Pinkly they got in his car. After a while they got to a dock with a sign that said Huntington Beach. They got out Brian grabbing a towel and a board.

"So what are we going to do first?" She asked.

He took his shirt off and held up the board. "We're gonna go surfing."

"Surfing?" She asked lifting up her sunglasses. "Brian I've never surfed before plus isn't of dangerous?"

"Sometimes it is." He said. "But the main dangerous thing is if you don't know how to swim then you're in trouble cause of the large waves falling on you." "You do know how to swim right?"

She nodded. "Yes I do."

He grinned. "Great let's go."

Katrina took off her shirt and shorts throwing them aside and taking Brians hand. They started walking out until the couldn't stand anymore.

He laid the board down in the water. They each grabbed a side and starting swimming further out into the ocean.

"Wait here and watch." He said swimming further out and seeing a rising wave.

Katrina watched as he got on the board and started rowing out. He stood up as the wave rose she watched as Brian held his arms out surfing. He went through the wave briefly before appearing back on the other side.

He leaned down running his arm through the wave. Katrina laughed as the wave fell on him pushing him into the ocean. She swam over looking for him.

"Brian?" She said.

She screamed as she was grabbed and pulled under by Brian. He kissed her underwater while spinning her around in his arms then slowly he came back up.

"You jerk!" She yelled splashing water at him. "You scared me."

He grinned. "I scare you?"

"Sometimes you can be a total maniac." She said.

"The maniac you love though right?" He asked.

"Yes I do." She said kissing him again.

"Are you ready?" He asked pulling away.

She looked at a wave that was forming. "I guess so."

She grabbed the board and rowed out. As the wave rose she stood up and rode it. Katrina laughed as it got higher and she disappeared into it briefly. Eventually it fell on her. She came up gasping but laughing.

"How was it?" Brian asked swimming over smiling.

"Can I go again?" She asked.

He chuckled and nodded.

After surfing some more they ate lunch on the nearby boardwalk.

"It's so beautiful here." She said as she sat between his legs as they watched the setting sun.

He nodded in agreement and kissed her forehead. "Hate to ruin the moment but we should tell Zacky about last night."

She looked up and nodded in agreement. After grabbing the towel and the surfboard they got in the car and drove to the police station.

"Officer Zacky please." Brian told the receptionist.

"He's not busy right now so y'all can go ahead in." She said.

"Thank you." He said leading the way to Zackys office.

He knocked on the door.

"Come in." Zacky said. "What are y'all doing here again so soon?" He asked as they entered.

"Z I think that Stewart has either followed is here or sent someone to follow us." Brian said. "Last night Katrima saw someone on the balcony who appeared to be looking in."

"And you think it's him?" He asked.

"We're positive it's him." Katrina said.

"The only thing I can do is send some of my men to watch the condo." He said.

"That's better than nothing." Brian said.

"Y'all let me know about anything else." Zacky said. "And don't you worry Katrina we'll stop him."

"Thank you." She said with a smile.

He nodded and they left the office and went home.

"I think we need some laughs." Brian said as they entered the house.

"From who?" She asked.

"The one and only Jim Carrey." He said putting on Liar Liar.

"I love that movie!" She said sitting down with him.

After more movies like Grown Ups, Death at a Funeral, and Are We There Yet? They went to bed.

As they slept they were woken up by Pinkly whimpering by the side of the bed.

"What's wrong?" Brian asked picking her up.

"Brian listen." She said bringing a finger to her lips.

They listened closely and heard glass shattering. She face him her eyes wide with fear.

"Someone's inside the house."