Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 27

Katrina and Brian were lead into the living room where they sat down on the couch. Suzy went to get refreshments.

"Now what happened to your head Big Bro?" McKenna asked.

"Can't wait can you squirt?" He asked with a smirk.

She shook her head.

"I was pistol whipped." He said.

Suzy gasped as she walked back in. "By who?"

"Some guy who was after Katrina." He said.

"Why would he want to harm her?" Papa Gates asked.

"Cause her husband sent him to kill us." Brian said.

Everyone was silent.

"Her husband?" Suzy asked.

Brian nodded. "But he's going to be her ex husband soon. "They're divorcing." "He won't let go of her now he's trying to get to her."

"By sending people to kill her?" Papa Gates asked.

Brian nodded. "He's insane." "He had all these delusions that she cheated on him when she didn't." "He was actually the one cheating."

"Why do I feel like there's something you're not telling us?" His dad asked.

Brian sighed. "Because there is." "When I first moved there her husband was so paranoid that she was cheating he hirede to prove that she was unfaithful."

The three other Haner members were silent.

"Why would you do something like that?" Suzy asked with disappointment in her voice.

"Cause he offered me things like money and a record deal." He said. "I've wanted one for so long that I said yes." "But as time went on his paranoia became scary so I broke the deal with him and told Katrina the truth."

Katrina squeezed his hand which he returned it.

"And now he's after her?" Papa Gates asked.

Brian nodded. "He sent someone last night but Katrina shot him and the police arrived in time."

"You've told Zacky about this right?" His dad asked.

He nodded. "That's the first thing I did when we got here." "Z said that currently their questioning that guy from last night."

"What's the news so far?" Suzy asked.

"He hasn't said anything and he won't say anything." Brian said.

Papa Gates nodded. "So how are you holding up?" He asked turning to Katrina.

"I'm trying my best too." She said. "He called me just before he came over here."

"And what did he say?" Suzy asked.

"He'll never let me go." She said tears forming in her eyes. "And he keeps threatening my and Brians life." "I'm afraid he'll make good of his threats."

"Katrina I know your scared but you have to not be afraid of him." Papa Gates said. "Men like that do this especially to wives who may not be that brave because it makes them feel powerful kinda like a bully."

"And when the time comes and you show him he hasn't got control over you anymore he'll be nothing." Suzy said.

Katrina nodded and smiled. "Thank you so much for letting me stay here."

"It's nothing and we're very glad to meet Brians are y'all boyfriend and girlfriend?" Papa Gates asked.

Brian chuckled. "Yes that dad that's what we are."

"Since y'all are here how do y'all feel about a barbecue?" He asked.

Everyone nodded. "I have to tend to some business first." Brian said getting up.

"Where you going?" Katrina asked.

"I'm going to talk to Zacky about that guy and if he's said anything." Brian said. "Don't worry I'll be back soon."

"Okay." She said.

He gave her a quick kiss before leaving the house.

"While he's gone we can get the grill started." Papa Gates said as he got up and everyone followed suit.

Brian drove until he got to the station. He got out and walked to the front desk.

"He's not busy right now." The receptionist who was used to seeing him by now said.

"Thanks." He said walking past the mutiple desks and to Zackys office. He knocked.

"Come in." A tired voice said.

Brian entered to find Zacky with droopy eyes looking over some paperwork.

"Morning Z." He said taking a sit in the chair in front of the desk.

"If it is a good morning." Zacky said with a yawn. "We've all been here all night trying to get something out that guy."

"Any luck?" Brian said.

"After six fucking long hours of questioning he cracked." He said. "He admitted he was hired by Stewart to kill you and Katrina."

"Sick son of a bitch won't stop." He said.

Zacky nodded. "And that's not all." "We tried to get in contact with that hotel that he's staying at for business."

"What about it?" Brian asked.

"They said he checked out this morning." Zacky said. "Said he looked like he was in a hurry."

"He's coming here." Brian said. "He's coming to kill us himself."

As Katrina helped Suzy make a salad her phone vibrated. She took it out expecting Brian but it was the last person she wanted to talk to.

Taking her phone and walking to the side she answered.

"What do you want?" She asked angrily.

"A good morning and a hello to you to Katrina." Stewart asked unfazed. "How are you this morning?"

"How the fuck do you think?" She growled out.

"Not nice at all." He said.

"Why did you call?" She asked getting impatient. "Do make me more scared than I already am?"

"Actually no." He said. "I called to give you a heads up."

"On what?" She asked.

Suzy observed Katrina during her whole conversation. She watched as Katrina gasped and dropped her phone.

Suzy put down the knife and walked over.

"What happened?" She asked putting an arm around Katrinas arms.

At that moment Brian returned and entered the kitchen.

"Katrina." He said walking over noticing her expression. "What happened?" "He called again didn't he?"

Katrina didn't answer. She stood there frozen there in fear as Stewarts words echoed in her head.

"You'll be seeing me real soon and it'll be the last time we see each other."