Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 29

Katrina woke up and yawned. She smiled looking at the sleeping face of Brian.

Stretching she got out and ran herself a bath.

It was a year after all the events and Stewarts death. The autopsy not only determined he had schizophrenia but he had a Brian tumor which may have also attribute to his increasing dangerous behavior.

Katrina shook her head washing the horrible memories from her thoughts.

Ever since the events she and Brian had moved back to his hometown of Huntington. He had asked her to move with him.

Though Katrina was sad leaving her friends and brother behind she happily agreed.

They've been living here for a year now and things couldn't have been better.

Brian finally got a record deal, Katrina was happier than she had ever been, Matt and Val were expecting a second child, and Johnny had become engaged to his girlfriend Lacey.

Speaking of engagement Katrina wondered if Brian would if ever pop the question to her.

They had been living together for a year now and after everything they've been through together. She was ready for the next step.

But she was afraid of asking Brian. He just didn't seem or come across as the type who wanted to settle down so she left it alone.

She got out the shower to find Brian waking up.

"You showered without me?" He asked with a pout.

"If we showered together we would have a repeat of last night." She said. "Plus I'm still recovering."

He smirked. "That's a good thing." He said getting up and kissing her.

As they pulled away and Brian stroked her cheeks she decided to ask.

"Brian I have to ask you something." She said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"We've been living together for a year now." She said. "I was wondering when...

At that moment his cell rang. "Hold up." He said answering it.

"I have to see about something." He said hanging up the phone and getting dressed. "What is it you wanted to ask?"

She sighed. "Nevermind it's nothing important."

"Okay I'll see you later." He said pecking her lips and leaving.

Katrina sat on the bed and sighed.

He's never gonna ask me to be his wife. She thought.

"Brian can you help me with my necklace?" Katrina asked as they got ready for Johnnys and Laceys engagement party.

"Sure." He said helping her fastened it on her neck. "You look beautiful." He said looking at her reflection.

Her hair was in a bun and she was dressed in her best elegant black dress.

"You look handsome." She said turning to face him.

Brian was wearing black dress pants, black shirt, and his hair was slicked down.

"Thanks you ready to go?" He asked.

She nodded grabbing her purse and heels. They exited the house and got in his car driving to the party.

Arriving there they parked and got out walking to the building. They entered where they found the place lively.

"Thanks for coming." Lacey said greeting them.

"You're welcome." Katrina said hugging her as did Brian.

"Where's shortie at?" Brian asked.

"Here he comes." Lacey said.

"Y'all made it." Johnny said hugging both. "Join the party."

Katrina was talking to Valary who was six months along.

"Just give him time Katrina." She said. "I'm sure he'll ask eventually."

"I hope so." She said.

At that moment it was time to be sitted. Everyone sat at their places where they were given glasses of champagne.

Brian stood up raising his glass.

"I like to propose a toast to Johnny and Laceys engagement and forgive me for stealing the spotlight." He said.

Everyone looked at each other confused but grew silent when Brian pulled out a box and got on one knee.

Katrina gasped as the moment she had waited for so long happened.

"Katrina I love you more than anything on the Earth." Brian said. "And everything we've been through only made me realize how much I love you." "I'm sorry I took so long I didn't know how to ask you."

He opened the box revealing a diamond ring surrounded by quartz stones.

"Katrina will you marry me?" He asked.

Tears came to her eyes and she nodded. "Yes I'll marry you!"

Brian smiled as he put the ring on as everyone cheered. They kissed and pulled away hugging.

"There's something I have to tell you now." She said in his ear.

"What?" He asked looking at her.

She smiled. "I'm pregnant."

Brians eyes grew wide. "Boy or girl?"

"A girl." She said.

Brian smiled and touched her stomach. "I'm gonna be a daddy."

He brought her to her feet and held her hand up.

"We're gonna have a baby too!" Brian said.

Everyone exploded into applause and some got up to congratulate them.

"Looks like it's two engagement parties and a pregnancy party." Johnny said.

Everyone laughed and began to celebrate.

Brian pulled Katrina close as they danced together. Katrina looked up into his eyes.

He kissed her gently and they continued to dance. Having a bright happy future to look forward to together.