Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 5

Katrina woke up the next morning with the same old same. Empty place next to her, husband that didn't even bother to wake her up or kiss her goodbye.

Sighing she got up bathe and got ready for the same rountine.

After eating a bowl of cereal she decided to start preparations for the party. Grabbing her phone she first call her good friend Claire.

"Hello?" Claire answered after the fourth ring.

"Hello Claire how are you?" Katrina asked.

"Hi Rina I'm going good." She said. "How is everything?"

Katrina sighed. "It could be better."

"Don't give up Rina it'll get better." Claire said.

"I don't think it is he's become more distant." She said. "On top of that I keep getting the feeling he's hiding something."

"Like what?" Claire asked.

"I don't know but the feeling won't go away." She said.

"It's probably nothing but your anxiousity." She said.

"Yeah probably." She said.

"So why did you really call?" Claire asked.

"Oh we have a new neighbor his name is Brian and we're throwing a party for him on Saturday." She said. "To welcome him to the neighborhood."

"What time will it be?" She asked.

"Probably seven." Katrina said.

"I'll see if I can make it." Claire said. "I'll talk to you later I have some errands I have to run."

"Okay." She said.

"And Katrina don't give up." Claire said.

"I won't." She said. "Bye."

"Bye." Claire said.

After hanging up Katrina called more people inviting then to the party. After this she found herself with nothing to do. She walked into the kitchen finding some envelopes to be put in the mailbox.

Slipping her flats on she went out the door meeting a sight. Brian was outside mowing his lawn shirtless.

Her eyes wandered down his torso watching his the sweat ran down his body. Shaking her head she walked to the mailbox trying not to look at him.

After she put the mail in she looked up finding Brian staring straight at her. Her breath caught in her throat seeing him shirtless straight on.

She hoped he couldn't see her face cause she was gaping. He simply smiled giving her a wave before continuing to mow the lawn.

She quickly walked back inside the image of him shirtless still in her head.

He had a body no doubt about it. She kept telling herself she was married but it didn't help that her lower region felt for the first time in forever aroused and wet.

She blushed feeling ashamed that she was feeling want for her new neighbor and not her husband.

Then again it wasn't her fault Brian was attractive and her husband left her needs unfulfilled.

Her mind still reeling from all this she went to the couch falling asleep.

She woke up about thrity minutes later. Yawning she sat up rubbing her eyes. She got up trying to find something to do. One con of being a housewife was there was absolutely nothing to do after cleaning the house.

She didn't have no one to talk to cause all her friends and neighbors were at work.

Not all of them. Her mind said drifting to Brian.

I can't and I shouldn't be alone with him no doubt he'll try something. Despite this she found herself putting on her shoes and walking to the house across the street.

Walking to the door she rang the bell. It was answered immediately by Brian who was soaked. She gaped at his wet torso and spiked wet hair. All he wore was a pair of loose jeans.

"Hi Katrina." He said with that smile.

She shook her head. "Hi."

"Is there something you wanted?" He asked.

"I just wanted to talk you're the only person home." She said. "It that's okay."

That smile that made her weak formed.

"It's fine." He said opening the door wider.

She walked in looking at the decorations. There were pictures of all kinds of things mainly music related things.

She turned finding Brian standing behind her still shirtless.

"Make yourself at home I'll grab a shirt." He said walking upstairs.

She walked to the den sitting on the couch.

Maybe it was a bad idea coming here. She thought. She was brought out her thoughts by Brian entering the den.

"Can I get you a drink?" He asked.

"A tea is fine." She said.

He nodded and went to the kitchen. Returning back with a beer and tea.

"Thank you." She said as he handed her the tea.

"You're welcome." He said with a smile.

"Where's Pinkly?" She asked noticing the Malteses absence.

"Knocked out upstairs." He answered.

She nodded. "You seem to really like music."

"You've notice?" He asked.

"Kinda hard not to I mean all the pictures give it away." She says with a laugh.

He chuckled. "I'm actually a musician."

"What do you play?" She asked.

"The guitar." He said.

"Really?" She said. "I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar."

He put down his beer. "I can show you how right now if you like."

"I'd like that." She said nodding.

He got up going upstairs and returning with a striped guitar. He sat next to her on the couch holding it like it was an infant.

"It's beautiful." She said touching it.

"It's my most prized poessesion." He said.

He started to play Seize the Day on it.

Katrina watched how concentrated he was and the way his fingers strummed and moved the strings.

He said he was good with his hands I wonder if he's good with his fingers too. She thought she blushed embarrassed.

He smirked seeing her face as he finished.

"That was beautiful." She said.

"Thanks you ready to learn?" He asked.

"I don't think I can do it." She said.

"There's really nothing to it." He said scooting closer to her and placing the guitar in her lap.

Katrina flushed at how close he was feeling his heat.

"Okay." He said placing his hands over hers. "First you go like this."

Katrina looked at their hands how they laced slightly as he taught her. She ended up playing a lot of wrong notes but Brian was a patient teacher.

When it seemed like she would finally get through a song she ended up playing a wrong note again. This made both of them laugh.

As they laugh she found herself staring into Brians eyes. He stared into hers too. Katrinas breath hitched as he removed the guitar from her lap placing it on the table behind the couch.

Their eyes locked again. Katrina gasped softly as he reached out pulling a strand of hair that came lose from her bun behind her ear. His hand rested on her cheek.

Before she knew it he leaned in she didn't move or try to stop him. Eventually their lips met. Katrina responded slowly but eventually got into it.

His lips were so soft. She thought. His hand went to the back of her neck pulling her closer.

He kisses better than Stewart. Her eyes popped open and she pulled away breathing heavily. Brian looked surprised.

"I have to go." She said quickly getting up and walking to the front door.

"Katrina wait." He said in a pleading tone.

She turned looking at him.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have kissed you." He said walking forward.

"It's okay." She said wanting to get out the house and away from him.

He stepped closer grabbing her hand. "I really am sorry"

"It's okay Brian really." She says managing a smile.

He returned it.

"There's gonna be a party at our house on Saturday at seven to welcome you to the neighborhood." She said.

"I'll be there." He said with a smile.

She smiled. "I'll see you then." She opened the door walking down the path and crossed the street to her house.

Giving Brian a wave she entered her house. Her mind still reeling from the kiss.

She touched her lips. She found still feel his lips and taste him.

Stop it! She told herself. You're married and that kiss was a mistake.

No it wasn't her inner voice said. You wanted it to happen.

Katrina sighed feeling guilty. She did want it to happen.

But it was a one time thing and wouldn't happen again.

That's what she told herself but deep down she had a feeling it would happen again.