Status: Complete

Tempted

Chapter 7

Katrina was awoken Saturday morning by the sound of something being thrown around and the sound of drawers opening and closing.

She sat up finding Stewart packing clothes, shoes, and all the other necessities needed for a trip.

"Morning." She said getting up.

"Morning." He said not giving her a glance.

She frowned at this but didn't say anything. Slipping on her robe she walked downstairs to start breakfast.

As she flipped the pancakes he came down grabbing a sasuage and biscuit.

"Aren't you gonna sit down and ear?" She asked.

"Can't have to leave and be there early." He said pouring himself some coffee.

She sighed. "Stewart can't we just sit together have breakfast and talk like we used to do?" She asked.

He turned walking over to her.

"I would love to Rina I really would but I have to be there early." He said.

She sighed sadly. "Okay."

He gave her a quick peck on the lips. Despite the fact it was quick it just didn't feel right to Katrina. It didn't feel right like Brians kiss did.

"Make sure to call!" She yelled after him.

"I will." He said walking out.

Not. He thought as he got in his car and pulled out the driveway. You'll be so occupied by Brian you won't care or notice if I didn't call.

Katrina went back to the kitchen feeling down. She looked at the breakfast she had prepared. It was a habit of hers to fix a big breakfast everytime Stewart left out of town.

She couldn't eat it by herself and she hated wasting food.

I wonder if Brian has eaten yet. She thought as she started fixing a plate.

As she changed into something more decent and slip her flats on. She briefly thought if she really wanted to give Brian some breakfast or if she was just using it as an excuse to come over and see him.

The latter her mind told her.

No. She argued back as she crossed the street. I'm just being friendly by offering him some breakfast.

She rang the bell hearing loud rock music coming from the house. The music cut off a couple of seconds the door was opened by Brian.

Katrina stared at him. He was wearing a wifebeater and gym shorts and covered in sweat. He had obviously been working out just then. Her eyes lingered on his sweat covered muscles and pecks.

"Good morning Katrina." He said breaking her out her trance.

She shook her head. "Morning Brian I came over to see if you wanted some breakfast."

He smiled. "Sure thank you." He said taking the plate. "Not that I'm not grateful but why are you giving away food?"

She looked down. "I prepared a big breakfast and Stewart left without eating any."

"Katrina you deserve better." Brian said.

She looked up her eyes wide. "What?"

"You deserve better." Brian repeated. "You're beautiful, loving, and kind and that asshole of a husband doesn't deserve you." "He doesn't know how lucky he is to have a woman like you."

Katrina found herself blushing at Brians words.

"You don't really know me to think those things." She said.

"I know enough." He said his eyes boring into hers.

"How much do you know in that case?" She asked.

"I know that your husband has a business trip he didn't tell you about until the last minute." Brian said leaning on the doorframe.

"It happens." She said.

"It happens." He repeated. "How often?"

"Quite a lot." She answered. "Why does it matter?"

"Nothing except one thing." He said.

"What's that?" She asked confused.

"It means you're by yourself and alone all the time." He said.

"I'm used to it by now." She said.

"Sure but you crave for attention and to be wanted don't you?" He asked his voice going husky.

Katrina felt herself shrink at Brians eyes. She felt like they were staring deep inside her soul.

"You don't know what goes on in my personal life." She said quickly.

"Don't I?" He asked. "I know y'all haven't been intimate in a while otherwise you wouldn't have kissed me back yesterday."

Her eyes widen. "It was a mistake and it shouldn't have happen."

"There's no such thing as a mistake." He said seductively. "There's what you so and what you don't do it's that simple."

She said nothing at this so he continued.

"It was no mistake you wanted it to happen." He said stepping out slightly.

She stepped back shaking her head.

"It was a mistake and it won't happen again." She said. "Besides I'm married."

"You're unhappily married." He said. "You want to feel loved, wanted, and desired." "You also want a man to touch you something your husband obviously isn't doing."

"You don't know anything about me or my marriage." She said a little defensive.

"I know enough besides you make it too obvious." He said.

"Make what too obvious?" She asked irritated.

"You make it so obvious that you want me to touch you like your husband hasn't done in a while." He said smugly.

"You're wrong!" She yelled.

"Am I?" He asked. "Then how come when I kissed you, you kissed me back?"

"I, I wasn't thinking straight at the time." She said.

He nodded thinking about her answer.

"You're obviously thinking straight now cause it seems like you're making excuses to come over to my house." He said.

Katrina looked at him in disbelief. She walked up to him till she was looking him straight in the eye.

"I'm not making excuses to come over here I'm just being a good neighbor." She said.

"How old is your husband?" He asked ignoring what she had said.

"What?" She asked.

"How old is he?" He asked again. "He looks older than you."

"He's forty-four I'm thirty-one." She answered. "Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering do you really want a man that old to make love to you." He said.

Katrina's eyes widen she blushed and her mouth gaped open processing his words.

"I, I have to go." She finally said turning around and walking away.

"I'll see you tonight then." He yelled after her.

She said nothing as she reentered the house sliding down the door.

Who did he think he was? Being intrusive and asking her questions like that about her personal life and her marriage.

At the same time she found herself aroused by his boldness and bluntness.

She rubbed her temples thinking about tonight. He was coming over for the party and no doubt would try to make a move on her again.

Tonight I'll lay it down for him. This and he is gonna stop.

Little did she know that Brian was also formulating a plan.