Status: Sorry I've been updating slow. Harass me over and over and I will update. I promise.

Audrey's Snow

Audrey's Snow (9)

The rest of the week was tense. I didn't see much of Harley, because Joleen had him doing every chore you could think of. Me and Kevin had gone riding almost every afternoon. I had to say, I was getting pretty good at riding. He had even bought me a pair of riding boots. We would go riding and he would vent to me, and I would vent to him. He would tell me the most hillarious stories about when he came back here.

The boys were feeling better, it was like nothing had happened although they were hanging out in my room a lot more than they used to. They loved talking to Gunther who I had been skyping. Harry and Justin had came over, Sam and Anthony hung out with us the entire time. They loved Justin.

I walked out to the barn to get Messenger. Messy was the horse I had been riding. Kevin was amazed when she let me get close to her. He told me the story about how they came to get Messy. Messy was an abused horse, when they got her she was extremely skittish. She still was pretty skittish, but she took a liking to me. She let me rub her head, and then she let me ride her. It was officially my job to take care of her, since the boys had to wrestle with her to take care of her.

"Hey girl." She immediatly walked up to the gate and stuck her head out at my voice. I smiled and reached in my pocked, pulling out a plastic baggie filled with sugar cubes. I offered her one and she gladly took it. I could tell she was still nervous. I rubbed her forehead with my thumb looking at her. "You want to go for a ride?" I grabbed her reins, quickly saddling her. It took me a couple of failures to learn how to saddle her, but I got it down now.

"You shouldn't go riding without Kevin. You are still a begginer." I shot a glare over to Harley. I didn't know he was out here.

"She knows. I trust her." I said more to myself then him. I quickly climbed on her back and clicked my tongue. She started walking forward. I peeked over my shoulder to see him walking into Messy's stall to muck it out. Knowing he was shoveling hundreds of pounds of horse shit made me feel a bit better, although I was still extremely upset with him.

I had seen his girlfriend at school. They were walking down the hall together. It was the only time I had seen her, but I quickly went in a different direction. I didn't want to see that.

I leaned down, rubbing Messy's neck. Pulling on her reins, I directed her towards the fields. They had acres and acres of planting fields overgrown with wild grasses. I loved going through it. Our walk was calm until I heard it. I heard a rattling sound and instantly knew what it was. Messy knew too. She reered up on her hind legs. Panic went through me as I was thrown backwards towards the ground. I hit the ground hard, my back instantly hurting. Messy took off running.

I pushed myself so I was sitting up and rubbed my lower back. Ouch. I was about to get up when I heard my name being yelled from behind me.

"Audrey! Audrey!" Was that Harley? I heard his horse slow down as he ran over to me. When he came into view, he looked terrified. "Are you okay? God damn unreliable horse. I knew it was a bad idea to let you ride Messy." He offered me his hand. I glared at it and lifted myself up. My back hurt incredibly bad, but my anger towards him mattered more at the moment.

"I'm fine, Messy was just spooked by a rattle snake. You can stop following me now." The fact that he followed me bothered me. I felt bad for his horse, having such an awful boy as her master. His horse was a sweet heart.

"What if I hadn't followed you and you got hurt! You just saw how unreliable she is!" He gestured towards Messy who was still running. I glared.

"Atleast shes not a liar or a cheater. She has been through some shit and it effects her." I quickly whistled, like I was signalling a taxi in new york. Messy stopped running around. She started running over towards us. Harley looked confused. "If you gave Messy a chance, you would learn things about her you never knew." We both knew I was talking about myself and him. If he didn't decide all city kids were ungrateful, we would have started off on a better foot. If he thought of my emotions, he would have not used me.

Messy slowed down and walked up to me, rubbing her head againt my neck. I quickly hoisted myself up onto her back. I walked her back to the stables. Harley got onto Bolt, and had her start running in the opposite direction.

A small part of me felt guilty. A very very very small part, but it was there. Everyone in the family was so angry with him. He didn't deserve it for the thing with the twins, he isnt their parents, he is a teenage boy. Of course he isnt going to follow the rules, but cheating? He deserved me being pissed off at him for that.

We were back at the barn quick since we didn't go too far. I pulled myself off of her, cringing at the stiffness of my body. My lower back killed. I quickly ran a brush through her short fur, getting clumps of her poop and mud out of her fur. I walked her mucked out stall. I kissed her nose and started walking to the house. So much for a nice relaxing ride. That boy wont let me forget about him, even for a second.

I went up to my room and opened my laptop right away, clicking on the skype shortcut. Me and Kristine had been talking less and less. We emailed daily, but since I couldn't call her, and the timezone difference, and her new boyfriend, we were slowly growing apart.

She wasn't online, but Gunther was. I clicked on his name, frowning when he didn't pick up. Probably because of his new girlfriend. They have been connected at the hip. He introduced me to her over skype. I couldnt help but be happy for him though, he looked so happy with her. It reminded me of how he was when he was with me. Plus she was beautiful.

"Bored?" I looked up to see Dristin leaning in my doorframe. I closed my laptop.

"Sort of. I was just going to see if my old friends were online, but they werent" I smiled at him.

"Have you see Harley around?" Of course, I stop thinking about Harley for 2 seconds, and here is my reminder.

"Try the barn. After getting caught following me on my ride he threw a fit and rode away." He scruched his nose.

"See, I'm not really a barn kind of guy." He sat on my bed. I raised my eyebrow at him. "I'll just hang out with you until he gets back." I rolled my eyes and moved onto my bed next to him. I laid back, letting my back rest into my fluffy blanket. I winced. "You okay?" He asked. I looked at him. I nodded.

"Messy got spooked and I fell off. My back just hurts a bit."

"Want me to rub it?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Honestly, It doesn't hurt like that, it just hurts. Plus your girlfriend wouldn't like it much." He laughed.

"We broke up. After meeting you I realized how fake she really was. She is small town." He wiggled his eyebrows at me. "Atleast let me go get you an icepack. And before you say no, I won't tell them its for you." He got up and went downstairs. He came back a couple minutes with an ice pack.

"Thanks." I said, sticking my hand out for it. He didn't give it to me.

"Take your shirt off." He ordered. I glared. Whats his problem? If I needed an icepack that bad I would have gotten one myself. "I'm not being pervy, you'll be laying on your stomach anyways." He saw I wasn't budging and rolled his eyes. "I'll turn around!" He turned around. That was good enough I guess. I slipped off my shirt and layed down on my stomach. When he turned around, he gasped.

"What?" I asked turning my head trying to see him.

"Your back is super bruiced." He said. What? I stood up, ignoring the fact that I was in my bra and turned my back towards to mirror. Sure enough, there was a large dark bruise forming on the base of my spine, along with several overs. Atleast half of my back was a dark purple-blue color. I groaned.

"No wonder it hurt so bad." I went back to my bed and laid on my stomach. Dristin put the icepack on my back and I jumped.

"Sorry!" He said quickly.

"Its just really cold." I said. It was true. I could feel goosebumps spread up my back.

"Hey, why was the tomato blushing?" I turned towards Dristin so I could see him. What was he telling me bad jokes? "Because she saw the salad dressing." I giggled a bit.

"Why exactly are you telling me jokes?" I asked. He shrugged.

"To distract you. When my little sister got cancer she would ask me to tell her jokes on bad days to distract her. She loved them." His little sister had cancer? I instantly felt bad. He must have caught on. "Hey, no giving me pity now. She is in remission." I smiled. I was glad she was okay.

"What is her name?" I asked. He smiled.

"Belle. She is 9 now, but she got cancer when she was 5. She beat it this year. I thought Harley would have told you?" I shook my head, immediatly regretting it when pain shot down my back.

"No, I haven't been talking to Harley lately. He hurt me and I kind of freak out when people hurt me." It was true. I did freak out when people hurt me. I was damaged.

"Keep in mind, Harley tends to act out when he feels like he is starting to care about someone. I'm not sure why he does it, but he does. You are beautiful, and from what I have been hearing about you, you are a pretty kickass person." I blushed. He thought I was beautiful.

"Stick around, maybe you'll get to know me." Was this me flirting? Weird.

"I would actually really like that." He gave me a genuine smile and I smiled back. There was something special about it. "Tell me something I don't know about you." He said. I smiled. He knew pretty much nothing about me.

"I have never had a homemade pie. The only pie I have ever had has been in a cardboard container from burgerking." His eyes got wide.

"You have to be kidding. My grandma makes the best pies. I'm going to be bringing you a piece the next time she makes one. They are the best pies I have ever tasted." I laughed. His mouth was pretty much watering.

"Your turn! Tell me something I don't know about you?" I asked. He smiled.

"When I was 8 I caught a rattlesnake under my butterfly net and brought him home for my mom as a mothersday gift. I thought she would want a pet snake. Lets just say she didn't." I couldn't help but laugh, although it hurt my back.

"What is it about arkansas and snakes! There should be signs everywhere saying 'Beware of the snakes!'" He just laughed.

"You don't like snakes? Dang then I'm going to have to take that off your birthday gift list." He pretended to scribble something out on imaginary paper. I rolled my eyes.

"Can I draw you?" I spoke before I could think. "I mean, you would have to sit for awhile and yeah nevermind I knew it was a bad idea forget I-" He cut me off.

"Sure." He stood up. "Where do you want me?" I pointed to my computer chair. He sat down. I moved the icepack off of my back, completely aware of my hardened nipples pushing against my bra. I blushed and quickly slipped on a tanktop that was hanging on my bed. I grabbed my drawing book and sat on my bed, drawing Dristin.

I let myself get wrapped up in drawing. It has been days since I had drawn and I almost forgot the relaxing feeling of all my problems melting away when I did. Dristin smirked.

"You are cute when you are drawing. Your get this lost look on your face." I shot him a glare and he just chuckled.

"I liked drawing. People don't usually let me draw them." He smiled.

"You can draw me anytime." I heard Harley's door slam and I knew he was back. I knew Dristin had heard it but he didn't move from his spot.

"I might just have to take you up on that offer you know." I said. He laughed.

"Remind me to give you my number before I leave. You can call me when you wan't to draw someone." I smiled. The bathroom door burst open and Harley walked in. We both looked at him. Well, I more of glared.

I can't say I didn't hope he would hear Dristin and get jealous, because that would be a lie. But now that he was here I could honestly say I wished he would go away.

"Why are you hanging out with her?" Harley asked Dristin. Dristin just chuckled, uneffected by Harleys intense glare.

"You were playing cowboy." He answered simply. I stiffled a giggle, I knew how much it bothered Harley to be called a cowboy.

"Well I'm not anymore, so whats up?" He said. He was trying to steal my model! Dristin gave me a reassuring look, I must have portrayed my dismay. I didn't want him to leave, atleast until I finished the drawing.

"Well I'm busy now. We'll hang out later." I smiled when Harley went back into his room. I was completely aware that he had left the door open a crack. I smiled.

"Thanks for not ditching me." I laughed lightly and went back to my drawing. It was turning out really well. I smiled to myself.

"I would rather hang out with a beautiful girl with an amazing personality any day over a grumpy guy." He winked at me. I was going to smile when I heard Harley snort from his room. With a frown set on my face, I went and closed the door.

Me and Dristin hung out for the rest of the night. I could see why Harley liked him so much, he had an amazing personality. He was either complimenting me, or cracking jokes. Even though my back was killing me, I had fun.

Dristin had just left and I crawled into bed. Sleep came quickly.

___________________________________

The next day I woke up feeling awful. Not only did my back hurt, my thighs were sore and my upper arms. I walked downstairs to find Kevin. He was sitting at the table sipping his coffee reading a book.

"Good morning Audrey." He said happily. I smiled at him.

"Hey Kevin, I'm not feeling all that good. Would it be okay if I stayed home today?" He shrugged.

"If you arent feeling well I don't see why not. Just make sure you tell Harley so he can get your homework." I groaned. He had a smug look on his face.

"Can't you tell him? Pretty please?" He just shook his head.

"You guys need to make up. I'm not saying go running into his arms, but you need to atleast be civil with each other." I groaned and nodded. I knew what he meant. He had been the black sheep of the family.

I thanked him and went upstairs to find Harley. I poked my head in his room. He had a towel wrapped around his waist and he was picking out clothes. I gulped. Jesus Christ he had an amazing body.

"Hey Harley?" I said quietly. He looked over noticing me and started smiling. His smile was hopeful. I instantly felt guilty. "I'm staying home today, can you pick up my homework?" His smile dropped again and worry covered his face. Can I feel extra guilty? Because I'm pretty sure I am feeling extra guilty.

"Are you okay?" I shrugged.

"I'm just a bit banged up from yesterday, I just need to sleep it off." He raised his eyebrows at me.

"What were you doing last night then?" He winked at me and I just rolled my eyes.

"Trying to sleep it off." I turned to walk away but then I poked my head back into his room. "Uh, Thanks." I walked quickly to my room. I picked out a clean shirt to change into and quickly stripped off the one I was in.

"Hey Audrey I-" Harley poked his head into my room and before I could think I spun so my back was facing the door.

"Harley! Get out!" Instead of course he walked in.

"Shit Audrey, your back!" He was talking loud. I groaned. Although I didn't knock on his door, he should knock on mine! I need privacy!

"I know its a bit bruised but-" He cut me off.

"A bit?!" He was going to tell Joleen.

"Dristin got me an ice pack yesterday and its feeling a bit better." I lied. "Please don't tell Kevin and Joleen." I threw on the clean shirt and turned so I was facing him.

"Like hell I won't tell them! You shouldn't be riding Messenger!" He was almost yelling.

"Keep your voice down, and what will it take for you to not tell? I'll give you my laptop password? I'll let you borrow my ipod speakers for the month? What do you want?"

"I wan't you to forgive me. And when you ride Messenger I wan't to come with, or atleast know." Was he serious? I felt guilty. Like, really guilty.

"And after you see I'm fine with riding Messy?" I avoided the forgiveness part. I knew when I forgave him I would start liking him again.

"We'll talk then. Do we have a deal?" I sighed. He knew that we did.

"Yeah. Can I meet Kimberly?" I don't even know why I asked. I didn't want to meet her, I didn't want her to exist, why would I wan't to meet her.

"Uh, I guess?" He seemed confused. I forced a smile that seemed to satisfy him enough for him to leave. I sighed, and slipped off my dirty pants and dirty panties, pulling on clean ones quickly in case he came back.

Once everyone left for work I slipped on my boots and went out to the stables. Because of the deal I had made, I couldn't ride Messy. I could still pet her. I stepped into the barn, smiling at the awful smell. I don't know why, but the smell made me feel okay.

Once Messy realized it was me she was sticking her head out of her stall as much as she could. I smiled.

"Hey girl, look what I got you today!" I held out the apple I took from the kitchen. She ate it happily. I rubbed her forehead and sighed. I felt calm when I was with Messy. She reminded me of myself. She was just as broken as I was. I think somehow she knew that, and thats why she was comfortable with me. Honestly, I was surprised when Kevin suggested I ride Messy. She was the horse that was unreliable, nobody here had rode her. I'm glad he did though.

I quickly kissed her forehead before heading back inside. I needed a relaxation day. Imagine my surprise when I head back up to my room and see Dristin sitting on my bed.