Status: Sorry I've been updating slow. Harass me over and over and I will update. I promise.

Audrey's Snow

Audrey's Snow (12)

Two weeks suspension. Could have been worse but let me tell you, Joleen and Kevin were pissed. Joleen yelled at me for the first time in the month I had been here, and Kevin gave me a disapproving 'we'll chat about this later' look. They took away my laptop, and after volunteering to be grounded for an extra week they let me keep my iPod. I got sent home early from school, and hadn't talked to anyone since. Harley would be getting home soon.

I walked up to my room and sat on my bed, completely bored. I was listening to 'Imagine' on my iPod and laying in my spandex and a sports bra. My dress was ruined from chocolate milk stains, and a blood splatter stain but that was my fault.

"Hey Mrs. Bad ass." I looked up a bit to see Dristin and Harley walking into my rooms, grins on their faces. I laid back down groaning.

"She deserved that." I said. I closed my eyes.

"What did she say?" Harley said. He obviously didn't see the milk thing. "I mean, after she dumped her milk on you." Maybe he did. I mocked Janice's voice.

"Sorry, I spilled." Dristin snickered a bit.

"That's it?" I sat up and glared at Harley.

"Did you miss the fact that she dumped milk on me? Ruined my dress by the way." I pointed to my hideous stained dress hanging on my door. Dristin cut in.

"Harley, its a girl thing. Although I had to say I was impressed by the way you skipped all the trash talking and yelling, jumping right over the scratching and pulling hair straight to the breaking a tray on her face." I groaned again. Not that I regretted doing it, I regretted doing it so publicly.

"So let me guess, You aren't grounded and you have no extra chores because 'you are still getting used to it here'" Harley said. His voice was bitter.

"Actually I'm grounded for three weeks. No internet, no friends unless they are approved." I groaned just thinking about it. I would have to call Kristine and Gunther. Maybe my boredom would drive me to call Alex even.

"Wow, you are finally getting treated like everyone else. She must be mad." Mad was an understatement.

"I broke a tray on a girls face, just to learn that Joleen is friends with the girls mother. She talked the mother out of pressing charges as long as I paid for her hospital bill." Joleen had never been angry about me having money separate from the families, but I could tell she didn't like that I could just buy my problems away with the swipe of a plastic card.

"I heard that she is in a medically induced coma." Dristin said. I snorted.

"They do that with serious injuries. She had a broken jaw. I have to say, watching her walk around with all the metal gear attached to her face will be well worth it. Even if she does get a pity party." Dristin smiled and started digging around in his pockets for something. He found a couple folded pieces of white paper.

"By the way, your boy toys wanted me to deliver these." He handed me them and I smiled thanking him. I tossed them on my very vacant desk where my laptop once sat. Dristin sat down in my computer chair, Harley was leaning against the door frame.

I suddenly felt very self conscious and grabbed the first tee shirt I saw and threw it over my head. I looked down and groaned, seeing it was my 'chick magnet' shirt. I don't even know why I packed it. I got it when I decided to freak out my mom, tried to get her to notice me.

"I think I have that same shirt!" Dristin said pointing at me and laughing.

"I happen to love this shirt." I said boldly, hoping he would feel bad enough to stop joking. It worked, although I do hate this shirt. Its not even comfortable.

"Dristin, weren't we going to go play COD?" My ears perked up. COD?

"You guys have call of duty out here?!" I said excitedly. That got their attention. "Which one!" I squealed.

"Uh, yeah. I have World at War." I ran over to one of my boxes I had yet to unpack and pulled out Black Ops. I smiled.

"I have them all. Minus Ghosts because that came out while I was here and I like never go to town." Dristin smiled and Harley just looked confused. "So are we going to stand around in my room or are we going to play!" Dristin laughed and cut through the bathroom to Harley's room. I followed. I could hear Harley silently following.

__________________________________

"This isn't even fair, you shouldn't be allowed to play this game because you make it not fun for everyone else." Harley was whining. I quick scoped him again, and he just groaned. At this point I was doing trick shots and he was just trying to find me. I laughed and leaned back.

Dristin was sleeping on Harleys bed, already having played me and gave up right away. Video games were more of Harleys thing than his, I could tell. I killed Harley, again, before finally setting down my controller and yawning. I was tired.

"I think I'm going to run outside and see Messy, then head to bed." I said. He looked at me quizzically.

"Want to go for a ride quick?" He asked. I nodded, I actually really missed riding even though it had only been a couple of days. I hurried to my room, changing into a pair of jean shorts and a Starbucks promotional tank top. Slipping on a pair of cute cow-girl boots, I hurried downstairs to see Harley already ready.

He had changed into a white shirt and a pair of loose jeans. He had boots on tucked under his jeans, and a cowboy hat on his head. He smiled when he saw me and handed me a cute cowgirl hat. He placed it on my head and I just laughed.

"So earlier I looked too city, but what about now? I'm thinking I look too hick." He just rolled his eyes.

"You would never see a hick in studded shorts, or a coffee shirt. Specially when they are going riding." I smiled and followed him out to the barn.

Although Messy fought him, he insisted on saddling her in case I did it wrong. If it was any other horse I would of thought it was hilarious, but seeing how scared Messy was made me sad. When he was done, I hurried over to her and started massaging her forehead in hopes to calm her down. It worked. Once she saw it was me, she loosed up a bit. She was slowly becoming more relaxed. I kissed her forehead and hoisted myself onto her back. Harley had paused from saddling Bolt to watch me. He was smiling.

"She really responds to you, I hate to admit it, but she does." He sighed. "I still think she in unreliable. But someday I can see she will be a strong horse." I nodded, although she was already a strong horse. What she went through just made her stronger.

He climbed onto Bolt and we started. It was silent, and I was enjoying it. It wasn't an uncomfortable silent, it was quite the opposite. It was letting me mull over all the events of the day. I had to admit, hitting Janice in the face with a tray made me dislike Harley a bit less. I think it just got all my anger out. Finally, he spoke.

"I really am sorry Audrey. I didn't mean to hurt you, and I didn't mean to hurt Kimmy. I worked my ass off to get her to even give me a second glance. It took me forever to get her to trust me." He was just making me feel upset now. There goes this comfortable calm. "But you Audrey." He groaned. "There is something about you. It makes me feel different. I'm with Kimmy, and I'm going to be with Kimmy. I just want you to know that you were never nothing to me. I hope we can get over this and be friends at least." He had said everything I needed to hear. Although I would always like him, I couldn't be angry at him anymore. Plus I lived with him, so a peace would be nice to have.

"I get it, I'm hot. Most people can't resist, totally understandable." I joked. He gave me a disapproving look.

"I'm being serious Audrey." I could tell from the tone of his voice he meant it. I sighed.

"I forgave you Harley. I know you like Kimmy and she seems like a nice enough girl, but don't expect me to be waiting around for you. I'm going to move on." He didn't look happy, but he nodded.

"Does it have to be with Dristin?" He whined. I laughed.

"I don't like Dristin. Dristin doesn't like me, we are just friends. I think he did it because you didn't like it and he thought it was hilarious." He laughed, but it wasn't a real laugh. It was an annoyed laugh.

"Seems like something he would do." Was all he said. We fell back into silence as we walked our horses through the grassy fields. The sun looked gorgeous at this time of day. Maybe tomorrow I would come out here and watch the sun rise. It was always dark when he left for school and always light when I wake up on the weekends. Well, apart from waking up to fall back asleep.

We were gone for about a half hour. It was a nice quick ride, but by the time we got back my back was killing me. I slid off Messy and led her to her stall, and took off her saddle. I was still fiddling with it when Harley came in. He smiled and quickly undid the ties and lifted it off her back and hung it over the gate.

"You'll get better at it." He assured me, I must have had the frustration I felt plastered on my face. We walked into the house and I went straight to the kitchen to grab an ice pack out of the freezer. He followed me into the kitchen.

"Want to have a mini movie night?" I asked. He looked confused. "I mean, do you want to watch a movie with me? Only one though, I'm really tired." He smiled, understanding.

"Sure, as long as I get to pick it. No love story shit." I laughed nodding. As great as watching every cliche love story in history had been yesterday with Dristin, I was in the mood for something different.

I walked to the living room, and grabbed a blanket. I wrapped it tightly around myself, and tucked the icepack on my lower back. It was ice cold. I could feel goosebumps forming on my skin, so I pulled the blanket around myself tighter.

"You good with watching Thor?" I smiled.

"Are you kidding? I'll watch any movie with Chris Hemsworth in it. God, his pecs" I made a fake orgasm face and flopped sideways onto the couch. I heard him chuckling so I smiled and sat up.

"I'm taking that as a yes!" He said cheerfully slipping in the movie.

Not even ten minutes into the movie I felt my eyelids drooping. I was soon asleep.