Status: Sorry I've been updating slow. Harass me over and over and I will update. I promise.

Audrey's Snow

Audrey's Snow (13)

I woke up in my bed, tangled in the blankets. I was still wearing my jean shorts and tank top from yesterday, although I didn't remember taking off my boots. Actually, I didn't remember coming up to bed. I opened my eyes to see Harley. He wasn't in bed with me, but he was sitting with his back against the bed. I peeked around so I could see his face. He was asleep.

I shimmied the blanket off of me and wrapped it around him. My hand brushed his shoulder and I felt his cold skin. I made sure it was pulled up to his collar bones before sliding out of my own bed and walking to my closet.

I changed into a pair of sweat pants quickly, afraid he would wake up and see me changing. Afterwords, I hurried back to bed. Even though I didn't have a blanket since I gave it to Harley, my bed was still a bit warm. I curled up in the warm corner of it until it went away.

I got up again and walked downstairs. Kevin was sitting in his normal spot. I pulled out the chair across from him and sat down. He put down his paper and looked at me.

"Good morning Audrey." I felt awful.

"Can we just get to the 'I'm disappointed in you Audrey' speech?" I asked. He shook his head no.

"That's no way to say good morning." He got up to refill his coffee and I just groaned. "I would have thought you would have slept in." He commented. I sighed.

"I would have, but Dristin slept in Harley's bed, so Harley slept on my floor and this morning I gave him my blanket and yeah, its cold." He laughed.

"I'm not disappointed in you Audrey. I have heard what happened about thirty times from different people. Almost everyone told me they would have done the same thing, just less hard. I just wish you would have handled it better. Joleen is disappointed in you." That stung more than anything he had said. I had grown to really enjoy Joleen's company. She was so gracious and pure. Her being angry just made me sad.

"I'm sorry, well actually not really. I do accept my punishment though. I deserve punishment, but she was asking for it." He just laughed and picked up his paper, going back to reading. This short conversation offered comfort. I felt a bit better knowing Kevin wasn't angry with me. I went back upstairs, this time going to Harley's room. Dristin was still asleep, but at least it was warm.

I balled up one of Harley's hoodies that was on the floor and made myself a makeshift pillow. I curled up on the floor and quickly fell asleep.

______________________________________

"Audrey, wake up." I groaned and rolled over, feeling around for something to cover my head with. I heard someone sigh and then I felt myself being lifted. I woke up when I felt the ice cold air of my bed.

"Huh?" I opened my eyes to see Harley carrying me back to my bed. He looked at me smirking and set me down.

"You know, your room is really cold in the morning." I nodded. Finally! Someone understood my pain! He just chuckled. "I was surprised to wake up with a blanket and no you. Then I see you sleeping on my floor. I felt bad." I smiled sheepishly.

"It wasn't like I wasn't to be far away from you or anything. You were freezing so I gave you my blanket. Your room is warm in the mornings so curling up on your floor really wasn't bad." He rolled his eyes smiling.

"Well I have to wake Dristin up. I'll pick up your work from your teachers." I nodded.

"Tell me what everyone is saying about me. Hopefully its good." He gave me a smile, but it was faked. I groaned, he didn't have to say it. Everyone was either going to hate me or be afraid of me.

"Alright Audrey. I'll see you later." He cut through the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I quickly tugged my blanket around me, satisfied when it was still warm. I wasn't going to go back to bed though. I reached over and grabbed the notes Dristin delivered for me.

They were basically all the same. I had one from Harry, one from Tony, and one from Justin. I laughed at Tony's when he just complained about me taking his tray because his food went along with it. Then he asked if I was okay. I smiled and threw them in the top drawer of my nightstand.

After I heard Joleens car leave, I got up. I knew she was always the last one to leave. I creeped downstairs and went to the kitchen. I grabbed an apple and sat down at the breakfast bar, completely bored.

I usually just sat on my laptop. I got up again, and went upstairs. I guess I would just draw. I grabbed my sketchbook.

When I went outside, Messy wasn't in her stall. I spotted her in the distance, grazing in the fields with the other horses. I liked when she was out like this, it made me think of her as a wild, free horse.

When she saw me heading up to the gate she trotted over to me happily. I smiled, it was good knowing that she was here for me. She slowed down and walked up to me. Immediatly she started nudging her head against my hand with the apple that I had taken two bites out of. I easily gave it to her. I climbed up the gate and sat on top of it. Plugging in my headphones, I quickly started drawing.

Messy was running around and playing with Bolt. Kevin had told me that Messy trusted Bolt right away when she got here. I could tell that was true. Although now she did run with the other horses, she stuck close to Bolt.

I sketched the outline to Messy's body, having her galloping in the drawing. It didn't take me long to finish with Bruno Mars playing through my headphones. My stomach growled so I decided to head back inside. I whistled, Messy came running.

"I'm going inside baby, you have fun with Bolt." Messy rubbed her head against my legs. It was like she knew. I kissed her neck and swung myself over the fence. I hurried inside, it was starting to get warm outside.

I checked the clock. It read 1:45 pm. Maybe I had been outside longer than I had thought? I hurried to the kitchen, fixing myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I was about to take a bite when I heard a car driving up the gravel driveway. Who would be here? School hadn't ended and Kevin hasn't gotten off of work? Maybe Joleen came home early from volunteering?

I opened the door and walked out onto the porch. A black, 2013 mustang pulled up. What would a car like be doing in a town like this. A man stepped out of it. He was wearing a black business suit. His grey hair was combed to the side with gel. He looked completely out of his element. He made his way up to me.

When he got closer I noticed his piercing blue eyes. He had a 5'oclock shadow going on, and looked lost.

"Can I help you?" I asked. He probably took a wrong turn somewhere or was trying to get to the airport.

"I'm looking for Audrey Davey? She is supposed to be staying here?" I froze. Why was this man here looking for me?

"Uh that's me." I said uncomfortably. I had never seen this man in my entire life.

"My name is Gary Davey. I'm your father."