Status: Sorry I've been updating slow. Harass me over and over and I will update. I promise.

Audrey's Snow

Audrey's Snow (1)

"Audrey, stop pouting." My mom was using her stern 'mom' voice. We had just arrived at Northwest Arkansas Regional airport. "I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't what is best for you." I frowned and slung my carry on bag over my shoulder.

"Its not best for me though. I don't even know this woman and your dumping me on her!" I frowned again.

"Audrey." My mom let out a sigh. "She offered to take you in when she heard about your living arrangements. She is the sweetest woman in the world, and if you didn't get expelled you would probably still be in Hollywood, so think of this as your punishment." She was right, if I didn't get expelled I probably wouldn't be here, seeing as she likes to gush about her personal life on the phone to everyone.

"Anna!" I heard a woman call my moms name. My mom ran over and hugged her. I'm assuming she was Joleen. Joleen pulled away smiling. She was taller than I imagined. She had to be at least 6 feet tall. She had red curly hair pulled into a braid and freckles. She was also younger than I imagined. I was picturing a 60 year old woman but she was probably in her late thirties. She turned to me. "You must be Audrey." I was about to stick out my hand for her to shake when she pulled me into a hug. I patted her on the back awkwardly.

"Uh, hi." She finally let me go smiling.

"Lets get your things, Kevin and the twins are out in the car waiting." She smiled.

"Twins!?" I blurted it out before I could think about it.

"Yes dear, I have twin boys." Yum, I hope they are identical and have washboard abs. I smiled at the thought. Maybe Arkansas won't be all that bad if I have twins living under the same roof as me.

"Joleen, we have to catch up before I go. Audrey, go grab your suitcase dear." I gave my mom a fake smile and walked over to a conveyor belt and waited for my bag to come around. I only packed a carry on bag and my suitcase, I just mailed the rest of the stuff to Joleens house.

Grabbing my bag, I walked back over to them. They were laughing so loud people were staring. How embarrassing.

Joleen chatted with my mom while I walked about a foot behind them, dragging my stuff. I should have packed less, this bag is about 400 pounds. Or at least it felt like it was.

We got outside and I stopped dead in my tracks. There was a pickup waiting for us with a man in the drivers seat and two young boys pulling on each others hair.

"You have got to be shitting me." I said under my breath. "Hey Joleen, how old are the twins?" I smiled sweetly but even I can't cover up a cold smile.

"They are seven dear. I have an older son who is about your age but he was running horses when we left so he didn't come with." She was smiling again. God this woman smiles a lot. I gave her another fake smile.

"Greaaaat..." I dragged out my words. Her husband got out of the truck and threw my bags into the truck bed like they weighed nothing.

"Hello Audrey, my name is Kevin. I'm Joleens husband." He stuck out his hand smiling and I shook it. He leaned in. "It grows on you out here. When I was 19 I moved here to take care of my grandparents from New York city. You'll hate it at first but you'll grow to love it." He whispered.

He leaned away smiling and opened the door to the back of the truck for me. I liked Kevin already. I hope it grows on me down here, then maybe I won't be so miserable. I scooted into the back next to the two car seats. They were smiling at me.

"Your pretty!" one of them said. His eyes looked about the size of tennis balls.

"Dibs!" The other one said. They weren't identical, but they were close.

"Anthony, Sam!" Joleen yelled. I actually like kids, but I know they can be annoying. When I lived in Florida I slept over at my friend Kristine's house almost every night and she had a 7 year old brother I got along with pretty well.

"I'm Anthony." The one who called dibs on me said wiggling his eyebrows. He had brown hair in an adorable bowl cut. The other one was playing with his Nintendo DS, he must be Sam. Sam had short brown hair that was a bit darker and was gelled up in the front.

"Nice to meet you Anthony." I smiled at him.

About 20 minutes later we arrived at a farm. The car ride was filled with my mom talking about players she had signed and who they were engaged to and what awards they had won and what college they were attending. Funny thing is I bet if I asked her about my grades or my relationship status, she would be clueless.

The house was big. It also needed alot of work done. It was white but in the corners you could see where dirt had built up. There was also paint chipping off the railing of the porch. All in all, it was average. Not that I cared really, most of the friends I had made over the years had average houses and average lives.

Kevin came around to unbuckle Sam and I helped by unbuckling Anthony. They both ran out screaming to the barn.

"Harley! Harley!" They were cheering. Soon they were around the corner of the house and I couldn't see them anymore. I turned my attention to Kevin who grabbed my bags before I could even try.

Joleen and my mom were walking to the house already. I had to admit watching my mom trying to stumble to a house while wearing 4 inch heels and walking in gravel was pretty funny. I walked silently with Kevin.

Joleen led me upstairs to my new room. It was bigger than I imagined it. It was painted beige and had a white bed and white nightstand.

"I hope you don't mind, I let it as basic as I could because its normally a guest room, plus I don't know what you like." She was being so kind I actually felt kind of bad for being so ungrateful.

"Its perfect, thank you Joleen." I smiled at her, I tried to make it sincere, it was hard though. I just didn't want to be here.

"Anthony's room is across from yours, Sams is next to him, and my other son Harleys is next to yours. Harley is my little cowboy." She was smiling. "Well I'll let you unpack. If you are hungry feel free to dig in the fridge and cupboards. The only time we actually eat together is Sunday breakfast after church." She closed my door. Church? Really? Talk about hicks.

I noticed a cross hanging on my wall and I instantly took it down and stuck it in the drawer. There was a bible in the drawer. My mom was catholic before she got a job traveling around the world. I always practiced Buddhism, well since I met Kristine in Florida, her family practiced Buddhism and I always went with. Kristine is actually the only friend I made that I am still in touch with. My mom never knew. I doubt there is a temple out here though.

I reached in my bag and pulled out my iPhone speakers and plugged in my phone. One Direction started playing though the speakers and I automatically started smiling. Without music I would have gone insane by now.

I hung up the clothing that I brought in the closet and put my makeup in my bathroom. I had my sketch book with but that is pretty much everything I brought. The only other stuff I mailed was clothing. I learned to pack light a long time ago. The second you start to settle in, you move again.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I looked tired. My makeup had smeared a long time ago and I had bags under my eyes. I had spilt coffee on my shirt on the plane so not only did my favorite flannel have a huge coffee stain on it, but my hair looked like it hadn't been brushed in years.

I quickly brushed my hair and tied it up into a messy bun. I stripped off my shirt and walked back to my room to see Anthony and Sam sitting on my bed. I instantly covered up my chest with the shirt.

"What are you guys doing in here?!" I asked panicked. Anthony's eyes were huge, Sams mouth was opened. They looked at each other and ran out. I heard them screaming down the hall.

"MOM! WE JUST SAW BOOBS!" I squeezed my eyes closed. Even though I was wearing my bra I felt like I just tainted their childhood. I threw my flannel in the hamper and threw on a loose tank top that had a tardis on it. I went back to the bathroom and took out my contacts, slipping on my thick framed glasses. Time to go downstairs and say goodbye to my mom.

When I got downstairs her and Anna were in the kitchen, my mom was standing by the door.

"Well Audrey sweetie, I'll come back when I can. Bye. And thank you Joleen." She walked out the door and left. Joleen walked over to me and put her arm around my shoulders.

"I know you and your mom don't have the best relationship, but that doesn't mean she doesn't love you." She was smiling at me again. I sighed.

"Thanks Joleen." I felt like I was thanking her for everything, but I kind of had to. I had no reason to be here other than my mom didn't want me.

"This is so exciting. I've always wanted a daughter. Now I can buy girl stuff." She seemed genuinely happy.

"That's not necessary I-" She cut me off.

"You would be doing me a favor, you have no idea how picky boys are. They get angry because they don't like what you pick but then they don't want to go shopping." I nodded at her, I really didn't know what else to do. "Now go explore the kitchen and eat something, you must be starving. I have to run into town and go grocery shopping. If you need anything Kevin is in the garage and my other son Harley is around here somewhere." She leaned over and kissed my cheek before walking out the door. I was home alone.

The quiet house was surprisingly comfortable. I was so used to a silent house. When I didn't want it silent I would have a party, or I would turn on every television in the house, or blast music. I suppose I couldn't do that anymore, but there is also a family here.

There were photos along the wall, none of them were recent though. There was a framed picture of Kevin and Joleen at their wedding. They were laughing in the picture, they were truly happy. I looked at the boys baby pictures and school pictures. There was a couple of the other boy Harley. He looked about 13 in them. He was chubby and had dark brown hair slicked to the side.

I walked into the kitchen and started looking around for cups. Usually we just got paper plates and plastic silverware. It was just easier.

"Who are you?" I heard a voice behind me. I jumped. When I turned around I saw one of the most beautiful guys I had ever seen. He was extremely tall, with dark brown hair. He was no longer chubby, and he was definitely no longer 13. He was tan with a chest tattoo. He was shirtless in a pair of jeans and boots. A bead of sweat rolled down his face, he was holding a beer. "You can stop staring." he smirked and I looked away.

"Uh, I'm Audrey." I looked everywhere but at him. He was still smiling.

"Well Audrey, What are you doing in my house?" He took a drink of his beer.

"Uh, didn't Joleen tell you? I'm staying here for a bit." I said. His smile faltered.

"Are you Anna's daughter?" He wasn't smiling anymore. I nodded. "Great." It was forced. He turned and walked upstairs to his room I presume. Thanks Joleen for letting everyone know I was staying and making sure they were all fine with it.

I found the cups and got a glass of water. After placing my cup in the sink I decided to go back to my room. I could already tell I was going to spend most of my time in there. I didn't like this situation at all. Honestly I would have rather moved another 6 times than to have been shoved on a family.

I closed my door and slid down to the floor. I didn't want to be here. Maybe if I wished hard enough I would leave. I grabbed my phone. I am going to call Kristine. I dialed her number and hit the call button just for my phone to beep and tell me I don't have service. I sighed. Great.

I walked across the hall and poked my head into Anthony's room. He was playing with Sam on the floor with their Lego's. His face lit up the second he saw me.

"Audrey!" He threw his hands up into the air, I smiled.

"Hey Anthony, is there anywhere Harley goes to get cell phone service?" I asked. His face lit up.

"You have a cell phone?! Harley is going to be so jealous. We can't have cell phones. Before I could stop him Anthony ran across the hall and burst into Harleys room. "Harley! Guess what! Audrey has a cell phone!" He was so excited. I took a deep breath and walked across the hall to look into Harleys room. Anthony was jumping up and down and Anthony was laying in bed not paying attention.

"Yeah buddy that's cool, now get out of my room." Anthony acted as though he hadn't heard.

"Hey Harley, do you know where I can get cell service?" I felt so uncomfortable asking. It was so obvious that he didn't want me here. He just laughed.

"Were not in Hollywood, were in the middle of nowhere. I doubt you'll get cell service anywhere but the house phone is in the dining room." He waved Anthony out of his room and went back to closing his eyes laying down. Thanks for the help Harley.

I walked down to the dining room and called Kristine.

Hi this is Kristine, I'm not here so don't leave a message because I hate having a voice mail notification.

I got her voice mail. I ignored her and left her a message.

"Hey Kristine. I just got to Joleen's. I don't have service and apparently nobody does around here. I'm using the house phone. But my mom did say they have wi fi so we can still skype and IM. I love you. Please message me soon. I'm about ready to break down." I hung up. I was about ready to break down. I haven't even been here for an hour and I can tell that I hate it here.

I sighed and walked back up to my room and grabbed my sketch book. I was going to go explore.